The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

As much as I think Tryamkin would be a great addition to the mix this year I think it better for his transition back to the NHL he get the benefit of the off season to get ready.  Based on the current media and fan frenzy plus all the pressure on the players/coaches I am not sure this environment would his best welcome back to crazy town.  It may just be too much to adjust too especially based on his history here.  Let him come back under way less pressure and scrutiny.

Edited by Borvat

Latest write up on Tryamkins play in playoffs..

Mar. 8.

Nikita Tryamkin

Large and in charge.

The big Russian has been a rock on the Avtomobilist blue-line these KHL playoffs, laying crushing hits, making plays and conceding only one goal while he’s been on the ice in four games played.

Only problem is his team can’t score, and trail Sibir Novosibirsk 3-1 in their first-round series.

Tryamkin, 25, had a team-leading 21:31 of ice time, two hits, one blocked shot, one shot on net and an even rating in a 2-0 Game 1 loss on Monday.

In Wednesday’s 1-0 overtime loss, he was even better. Tryamkin had six shots on goal, three blocked shots, an even rating and two hits in 24:23 of ice time.

One of those hits was in self-defence and still sent a Sibir player home on a stretcher.

On the play, the Sibir player tried to take a run at Tryamkin as the 6-foot-8, 254-pounder shot the puck into the zone. Bad idea. Tryamkin braced for impact and the Sibir player bounced off him, writhing in pain.

There’s a reason we called him Tree in this neck of the woods.

Tryamkin, who skates very well for a big man, tried to score a couple times during the game, going on spirited forays into the offensive zone, only to be stopped by the goaltender.

Friday’s 4-3 overtime loss left Avtomobilist in a 3-0 hole, though Tryamkin had an assist, six hits, four shots on net and a blocked shot in 24:02 of ice time. He was real good, as his former coach Willie Desjardins would probably have said.

Facing elimination on Sunday, Tryamkin again brought his best, getting another assist, another six hits, three shots on net and notched a plus-1 rating in a team-high 23:08 of ice time.

Avtomobilist won the game 5-1 and live to fight another day.

Tryamkin, whose contract expires at the end of the KHL playoffs, is expected to test the NHL waters again and potentially sign another contract with the Canucks.

• Cheers 2

Meanwhile..  at YVR ..

arnold schwarzenegger terminator GIF

5 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

One of my top 5 movies growing up as a kid.  The slow -mow shotgun scene in the hallway of the mall, then the Motorcyle/semi chase down the L.A river.....just legendary

One of the best “ bad ass “  hello / goodbyes I’ve ever seen.

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Latest write up on Tryamkins play in playoffs..

Mar. 8.

Nikita Tryamkin

Large and in charge.

The big Russian has been a rock on the Avtomobilist blue-line these KHL playoffs, laying crushing hits, making plays and conceding only one goal while he’s been on the ice in four games played.

Only problem is his team can’t score, and trail Sibir Novosibirsk 3-1 in their first-round series.

Tryamkin, 25, had a team-leading 21:31 of ice time, two hits, one blocked shot, one shot on net and an even rating in a 2-0 Game 1 loss on Monday.

In Wednesday’s 1-0 overtime loss, he was even better. Tryamkin had six shots on goal, three blocked shots, an even rating and two hits in 24:23 of ice time.

One of those hits was in self-defence and still sent a Sibir player home on a stretcher.

On the play, the Sibir player tried to take a run at Tryamkin as the 6-foot-8, 254-pounder shot the puck into the zone. Bad idea. Tryamkin braced for impact and the Sibir player bounced off him, writhing in pain.

There’s a reason we called him Tree in this neck of the woods.

Tryamkin, who skates very well for a big man, tried to score a couple times during the game, going on spirited forays into the offensive zone, only to be stopped by the goaltender.

Friday’s 4-3 overtime loss left Avtomobilist in a 3-0 hole, though Tryamkin had an assist, six hits, four shots on net and a blocked shot in 24:02 of ice time. He was real good, as his former coach Willie Desjardins would probably have said.

Facing elimination on Sunday, Tryamkin again brought his best, getting another assist, another six hits, three shots on net and notched a plus-1 rating in a team-high 23:08 of ice time.

Avtomobilist won the game 5-1 and live to fight another day.

Tryamkin, whose contract expires at the end of the KHL playoffs, is expected to test the NHL waters again and potentially sign another contract with the Canucks.

maybe that bit about his contract expiring at the end of the KHL playoffs is the key here... technically he's still under contract and it's up to the KHL club the release him before that?

just making guesses at this point.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

maybe that bit about his contract expiring at the end of the KHL playoffs is the key here... technically he's still under contract and it's up to the KHL club the release him before that?

Many think that is the case yes.

• Cheers 2

On 3/10/2020 at 12:52 PM, Tre Mac said:

So when Rick Dhaliwal and James Cybulski both state that Tryamkin cannot play this year in the NHL CDC calls them idiots but then they'll link some no name twitter account just to support their fantasy.  

Yeah they are, heck you're even doing it on the second part of your post.  Tryamkin is some beast defender that only Chara comes close too?  That's not his mentality and you're setting yourself up for disappointment.  

I gotta start following all these CDCers, gawd knows they have all the insight on the comings and goings of the league. Oh wait a second, THEY DON'T. Funny how they can bash Dhaliwal and Cybulski and not being credible and yet they follow them on twitter or whatever platform. How the irony. Lets see you certain CDCers get an exclusive from Podkolzin, Dhaliwal can certainly do that.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

It is a key piece to have that KHL Release before any speculation is resolved.

Regardless I am positive we will see him before camp in the upcoming season.

This is a determined young man.. just realizing his full potential..  and he knows the NHL is the only league that could fulfill his biggest dream.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

It is a key piece to have that KHL Release before any speculation is resolved.

Regardless I am positive we will see him before camp in the upcoming season.

This is a determined young man.. just realizing his full potential..  and he knows the NHL is the only league that could fulfill his biggest dream.

Gosh, that must be one huge dream. 

big olsen twins GIFbig double double toil and trouble GIF

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I don't particularly trust Dhaliwal as a source the way I used to. A couple years back I wouldn't question it, but he's tried to turn himself into more of a sports personality as opposed to sticking to reporting. He was also wrong about Edler.

Until I hear from the NHL or the Canucks anything is possible imo. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

The NBA is starting to discuss whether to play without fans in the stadium, or possibly cancelling the season.  The NHL may soon follow suit. The blue jackets will play without fans in there next home game against penguins.  I bet you this may affect Nikita Tryamkins decision giving the uncertainty also risking his health and his family. If I was betting he's is not going to sign anytime soon 

4 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

One of my top 5 movies growing up as a kid.  The slow -mow shotgun scene in the hallway of the mall, then the Motorcyle/semi chase down the L.A river.....just legendary

a couple years back I found myself at the bottom of a bottle of dark rum and in a spirited argument, insisting T2 was in the top 25 movies ever made.. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Sorry to say it. Team 1040 talked to Tryamkins agent and Agent said Tryamkin can Not play in the NHL this season. Coach Green has talked to Trym on phone and Green likes Tryam.

So it is next season...the wait continues 

Whoa...big surprise. So many made up posts on here lying.

Not sure what the narrative was for posters that had no knowledge about the situation making crap up Tryamkin could play this year.

Those posters are the ones buying all the toilet paper for a virus and doesn't make you s&^%$#.  They are "influencers" --> new word of 2020!

Pathetic lol

• Wat 3

5 hours ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Why is Austin Matthews waiting for the announcement? ::D

Clearly he's afraid to play Tryamkin in the playoffs.

He need not worry, Maple Leafs ain't getting far enough to meet the Canucks and Tryamkin anyways.

• Cheers 1