The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

7 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I don't particularly trust Dhaliwal as a source the way I used to. A couple years back I wouldn't question it, but he's tried to turn himself into more of a sports personality as opposed to sticking to reporting. He was also wrong about Edler.

Until I hear from the NHL or the Canucks anything is possible imo. 

[ So I’m going to take the liberty of creating 1 to 2 pages of the Tryamkin thread,  why?  
Just because I can, and I want to see if I get warned for sharing information.. 

...  so For those who wish to,

ive taken the time to dig up a few of the rules and agreements regarding the lawful return of Nikita Tryamkin...  

even still I can’t see a definite conclusion , and no, I’m no lawyer , but an fan who loves the game ..
wanting to share the love, and information.

Sure,, I’m leaving myself wide open to personal attacks from the usual group of trolls, and idiots who offer nothing but ridicule to others opinions.

... but I’m good for chirp, and if I’m willing to put a photoshopped pic portraying Jeff Patterson wearing a penis mask, and get suspended for it,.  I know it brought laughter to some,.  and that keeps me a happy guy. :emot-parrot:

This is what I have found pertaining to Tryamkin, 

his eligibility to play

: being on the Reserve Roster,

regarding an SPC or “Bonofide Offer” (if one is needed)

the fact he is a Non North American Player.

: and the FREE AGENCY clauses that might pertain to him..  

yes I said “clause’S “, .  Keep in mind the numbers 79 & 80,  they pertain to games played ...

good luck.   ]

CBA 8.9 Eligibility for Play in the League.

(iii) had played hockey outside of North America in the prior season and was age 22 or older at the time of the last Entry Draft and signed an SPC which was signed and registered with the League between the conclusion of the Entry Draft and the commencement of the next NHL Season.

What is a reserve list? 

(source: cap friendly)

An NHL team's reserve list is comprised of any player who's signing rights they hold. This includes unsigned draft choices, all players signed to a Standard Player Contract (SPC), and all players signed to an SPC while playing in a junior league.
Each club can have a maximum of 90 players on their reserve list.

What is a Bona-Fide Offer?

(source cap friendly)
A Bona Fide Offer is the offer of a STANDARD PLAYERS CONTRACT that meets the entry-level contract requirements as specified in the NHL CBA. The contract must meet the minimum salary requirements, must be the appropriate ELC length, and must remain open to the player for at minimum 30 days following the offer. [CBA 8.6 (e)].

How is age defined for drafted players?

A player’s age is defined as the following:
  • Age 18: The player reaches the age 18 between January 1 preceding the entry draft and no later than September 15 following the entry draft
  • Age 19: The player reaches the age 19 no later than December 31 on the year of the entry draft
  • Age 20: The player reached the age 20 no later than December 31 on the year of the entry draft
  • Age 21: The player reaches the age 21 no later than December 31 of the year of the entry draft
  • Age 22: The player reaches the age 22 no later than December 31 of the year of the entry draft

What are the exclusive signing rights for Non-North American Drafted Players [Leagues with No NHL Transfer Agreement]?

Example leagues with no existing NHL transfer agreement are:
  • KHL
  • NLA/NLB (Switzerland)
DRAFT AGE BONA-FIDE OFFER EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS RETAINED SOURCE
18 or 19 Not required Indefinitely  
20 or older Not required Indefinitely  
Additional Details:
  • The NHL club must tag the player as “Defected” and place them on their 90 player reserve list.
  • If the player moves to a league that the NHL does have a Transfer Agreement with, at that moment the Club must sign the Player or lose its exclusive rights to negotiate.

[The above is all open to interpretation,  is this because he was a “drafted player” ?

..  or is it interpreted as a “drafted player” in his draft year?

Its possible regarding Tryamkin, No Bonofide offer or “SPC” is required to have him on our Reserve Roster because he played in a league (KHL) , with no transfer agreements  to the NHL, such an agreement would protect either league to that players rights respectively.

So..  If no contract was needed to be registered by any certain date .

on NHL .com:

He would probably be noted as a defected player, as per:]

Reserve Lists
The list of players "belonging" to an NHL team is comprised of the following, the total of which may not exceed 80:

1. Pro players (maximum of 50)
  2. Signed junior players (who have played less than 11 professional games)
  3. Unsigned draft choices
  4. Defected players (unsigned draft choices who are playing in Europe)

[  Even More Interesting..

Now consider the fact that Tryamkin played less than 80 NHL games,

in fact he played a total of 79 games in the 2 seasons we saw him as a Canuck (13+66) =79

this where it gets interesting..

because what we’re hearing from the media is that he is a group 2 RFA..

... So first, the group 6 article of the CBA:  ]

CBA: ARTICLE 10 FREE AGENCY

(c) Group 6 Free Agents.
(i) Means any Player who is age 25 or older who has completed three (3) or more professional seasons, whose SPC has expired and: (i) in the case of a Player other than a goaltender, has played less than 80 NHL Games, or (ii) in the case of a goaltender, has played less than 28 NHL Games (for the purpose of this definition, a goaltender must have played a minimum of thirty (30) minutes in an NHL Game to register a game played). For the purposes of the foregoing, the term professional season shall: (A) for a Player aged 18 or 19, mean any season in which such Player plays in eleven (11) or more Professional Games (including NHL Regular Season and Playoff Games, minor league regular season and playoff games, and games played in any European professional league, while under an SPC), and (B) for a Player aged 20 or older, mean any season in which such Player plays in one or more Professional Games (including NHL Regular Season and Playoff Games, minor league regular season and playoff games, and games played in any European professional league, while under an SPC).
(ii) Any Group 6 Player shall, at the expiration of his SPC, become an Unrestricted Free Agent and shall be completely free to negotiate and sign an SPC with any Club, and any Club shall be completely free to negotiate and sign an SPC with such Player, without penalty or restriction, or being subject to any Right of First Refusal, Draft Choice Compensation or any other compensation or equalization obligation of any kind.

VS.

10.2 Restricted Free Agents.
(a) Group 2 Players and Free Agents.
(i) (A) Any Player who meets the qualifications set forth in the following chart and: (1) is not a Group 1 Player or a Group 4 Player, and (2) is not an Unrestricted Free Agent, shall be deemed to be a "Group 2 Player" and shall, at the expiration of his SPC, become a Restricted Free Agent. Any such Player shall be completely free to negotiate and sign an SPC with any Club, and any Club shall be completely free to negotiate and sign an SPC with any such Player, subject to the provisions set forth in this Section. As used in this Section 10.2, "age," including "First SPC Signing Age" means a Player's age on September 15 of the calendar year in which he signs an SPC regardless of his actual age on the date he signs such SPC.
First SPC Signing Age 18 - 21
22 - 23 24 or older
Eligible for Group 2 Free Agency 3 years professional experience 2 years professional experience 1 year professional experience
  ARTICLE 10 10.2-10.2
For the purposes of this Section 10.2(a), a Player aged 18 or 19 earns a year of professional experience by playing ten (10) or more NHL Games in a given NHL Season, and a Player aged 20 or older (or who turns 20 between September 16 and December 31 of the year in which he signs his first SPC) earns a year of professional experience by playing ten (10) or more Professional Games under an SPC in a given League Year.
(B) Notwithstanding the foregoing, if a Group 2 Player requests salary arbitration, or a Club requests salary arbitration, pursuant to Article 12, such Player will not be eligible to negotiate with any Club other than his Prior Club or sign an Offer Sheet pursuant to this Article 10, except as provided in Sections 12.3(a) and 12.10.
(ii) In order to receive a Right of First Refusal or Draft Choice Compensation (at the Prior Club's option) with respect to a Restricted Free Agent, the Prior Club of a Restricted Free Agent must tender to the Player, no later than 5:00 p.m. New York time on the later of June 25 or the first Monday after the Entry Draft of the final year of the Player's SPC, a "Qualifying Offer", which shall be an offer of an SPC, for one League Year, which is subject to salary arbitration if such Player is otherwise eligible for salary 

arbitration in accordance with Section 12.1, on at least the following terms and conditions:
(A) if the Player's prior year's Paragraph 1 NHL Salary is less than or equal to $660,000 for that League Year, 110% of the prior year's Paragraph 1 NHL Salary.
(B) if the Player's prior year's Paragraph 1 NHL Salary is greater than $660,000, but less than $1,000,000 for that League Year, 105% of his prior year's Paragraph 1 NHL Salary, but in no event to exceed $1,000,000.
(C) if the Player's prior year's Paragraph 1 NHL Salary is equal to or greater than $1,000,000 for that League year, 100% of the prior year's Paragraph 1 NHL Salary.
(D) if a Player is eligible to receive a Two-Way Qualifying Offer, the Paragraph 1 Minor League Salary component shall not be less than the higher of the Player's prior year's Paragraph 1 Minor League Salary, if any, or the minimum Minor League salary.
A Qualifying Offer shall not be open for acceptance prior to July 1. If a Qualifying Offer meeting the above requirements is timely made, the Prior Club shall have a Right of First Refusal, exercisable in accordance with Section 10.3 below, or Draft Choice Compensation, exercisable in accordance with Section 10.4 below. A Qualifying Offer will be deemed to have met the above requirements if the Prior Club timely provides the Player a completed copy of the notice attached as Exhibit 19 hereto, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereto.
(iii) A Club's Qualifying Offer must be a One-Way Qualifying Offer if the applicable Player has: (A) actually played (excluding games missed for injury, illness or disability) 180 or more NHL Games in the previous three (3) NHL Seasons, (B) played at least sixty (60) NHL Games in the previous NHL Season, and (C) not cleared Waivers in the period between the 12th day prior to the commencement of the previous Regular Season and the end of a Club's previous Playing Season. For purposes hereof only, a goaltender is deemed to have played an NHL Game when he was dressed and on the bench as a backup. In all other cases, a Qualifying Offer may be a Two-Way Qualifying Offer.
(iv) In the event a Prior Club fails to make a Qualifying Offer as set forth in this Section 10.2 and fails to elect salary arbitration pursuant to Section 12.3(a), the Player shall immediately become an Unrestricted Free Agent and shall be completely free to negotiate and sign an SPC with any Club, and any Club shall be completely free to negotiate and sign an SPC with any such Player, without penalty or restriction or being subject to any Right of First Refusal, Draft Choice Compensation, or any other compensation or equalization obligation of any kind.

(v) A Qualifying Offer shall automatically expire at 5:00 p.m. New York time on July 15; provided, however, that the Club may by written notice to Central Registry and the NHLPA, sent in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof, provided on or before 5:00 p.m. New York time on July 15, extend the deadline for Qualifying Offer acceptance to a date (which must be a fixed and definitive calendar date) determined in its sole discretion.

[ ...  and we wonder why it’s so quiet,.  
I’m dunking my doughnuts in scotch right now..  time for one more pull ]

200.gif

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

33 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I feel bad for @SilentSam. He was counting down the days like a kid counting down until Christmas morning, but there was no Tryamkin under his tree :(

I don’t feel bad..  we’re far closer to having him here than we were 3 years ago..

im still as excited to see him in a Canuck Jersey  tomorrow, or  October.

The young man is a beast of a D man we have never had.

Those of us who have watched him play over the last 3 seasons realize this..

those who don’t watch him, continue to wax the moustache of Willie Desjardins and peak through the curtains like some ones old grandma to see what their neighbours are doing.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Whoa...big surprise. So many made up posts on here lying.

Not sure what the narrative was for posters that had no knowledge about the situation making crap up Tryamkin could play this year.

Those posters are the ones buying all the toilet paper for a virus and doesn't make you s&^%$#.  They are "influencers" --> new word of 2020!

Pathetic lol

one flew over the cuckoos nest GIF

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Haha, this thread is a weird place on CDC. There's some real zealotry towards Tryamkin, anything said to the negative gets jumped on. Mention him as a 3rd pairing guy, get jumped on. Reference other European imports (Holm, Larsen) get jumped on. 

The last 5-ish pages have been people convincing themselves he can sign here, when he can't. It's a weird religion to follow around a gigantic Russian who turned his back on us 3 years ago.  

People here can bash Dhaliwal, Cybulski, Walker, etc. but to discredit those guys because CDCers have their little smartphones and google think they know better LOL Its like tellling a doctor what to do just because they you got an iphone on your hand. Those guys aren't Eklund, they actually have their ears to the ground, probably have Jim Benning or other members of the management team, workers around the arena. They can easily just find out about Tryamkin just through a quick text or email, can you CDCers do that?

I'd like Tryamkin to be here, but honestly, Im not gonna go crazy if we have to wait till next season

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Me_ said:

So.....

Technically..............

Tryamkin could suit up for the next Canucks game then..........

Technically.... 

And then Trump said, "Hey, we don't want this guy playing for the Canucks this season, let's impose a travel ban on Europe...."

:P

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Lets just remember that his season just ended.  He probably has injuries to take care of or simply needs the rest.  With the whole corona virus thing happening, he could just simply be deciding to just take a back seat and just stay home with his family.  Especially now with the NHL on hiatus, travel ban, whether or not he's really eligible to play this season or not... he's in no rush to make any rash decision.