The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

6 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Okay I found recent interview with the Avto head coach Andrey Razin dated Feb 8: http://www.championat.com/hockey/article-240633-andrej-razin--ob-avtomobiliste-sudejstve-i-golysheve.html (in Russian). I will translate the part related to Tryamkin.

Q: Sergey Gimaev (former Soviet defenceman, played for Soviet national teams in 1980s, now sport expert and TV commentator) recently said that Tryamkin should be called up to the Russian national team. How would you evaluate Tryamkin? How does he improve and play?

A: He has very strong progress this season. Tryamkin started championship not very good. Okay but not very strong. However during the season he has significantly improved. Besides I can say that Nikita is a team player. Right now he has very serious injury but he is still playing. After a game he is not able to raise his arm but he is on the ice, playing. Therefore I agree that he should be given chance with the national team.

Owwwch..  That injury is concerning, shoulder, rotator injuries need rest or repair.  Really hope its nothing serious.

11 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Okay I found recent interview with the Avto head coach Andrey Razin dated Feb 8: http://www.championat.com/hockey/article-240633-andrej-razin--ob-avtomobiliste-sudejstve-i-golysheve.html (in Russian). I will translate the part related to Tryamkin.

Q: Sergey Gimaev (former Soviet defenceman, played for Soviet national teams in 1980s, now sport expert and TV commentator) recently said that Tryamkin should be called up to the Russian national team. How would you evaluate Tryamkin? How does he improve and play?

A: He has very strong progress this season. Tryamkin started championship not very good. Okay but not very strong. However during the season he has significantly improved. Besides I can say that Nikita is a team player. Right now he has very serious injury but he is still playing. After a game he is not able to raise his arm but he is on the ice, playing. Therefore I agree that he should be given chance with the national team.

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Owwwch..  That injury is concerning, shoulder, rotator injuries need rest or repair.  Really hope its nothing serious.

:P

11 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Ps. Really appreciate all of your updates on N.T.   Stierlitz !!   You really do follow his updates well :)

11 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Luckily Avto has 11-day break between games from Feb 5 until Feb 16 to give Nikita some rest and medical treatment.

Don't know if that's long enough to heal up (hopefully it's nothing so bad as requiring surgery) but it can't hurt.

Was really hoping to get a look at him this spring on either the Canucks or Comets... :(

7 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Don't know if that's long enough to heal up (hopefully it's nothing so bad as requiring surgery) but it can't hurt.

Was really hoping to get a look at him this spring on either the Canucks or Comets... :(

You never know, he still might. I mean, if he's out for another four weeks even, that's still not bad. He'd get a few games in at least in NA.

15 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

I do wonder how long he's had that, and how much it's affected his offensive output particularly but also his overall play. We've seen guys play through stuff before only to get offseason surgery, so as long as he's not doing more damage (or can get it fixed right away if his team drops out of the playoffs) then I wouldn't worry much.

I hope he comes to NA to have his medical treatment (if necessary) under the Canucks advisement.  If he's not good to go this year, it would be great to have him kick start his north american experience early.  getting used to the culture, rehabbing, and start training with his new teammates this offseason. 

basically, the sooner he's here, the better.

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So when can we have him here, in Utica for their push to the playoffs?

This is not a sure thing. I don't think his contract expires once his team is eliminated. So his team will have to give permission for him to play for Utica

1 hour ago, Toews said:

This is not a sure thing. I don't think his contract expires once his team is eliminated. So his team will have to give permission for him to play for Utica

51 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

His contract expires in March or April.

Is there a way we (Aquaman) can buck up some cash, and get Tryamkin here sooner?

On 2/12/2016 at 5:18 AM, Stierlitz said:

If you look at this interview, then it says that he is playing through an arm injury and is taking injections.

— Сергей Гимаев недавно сказал , что в сборную можно было бы вызвать Никиту Трямкина. Как вы оцените Трямкина? Как он прогрессирует, как играет?
— Он очень сильно прогрессирует в этом сезоне. Трямкин начал чемпионат неважно. Не плохо, но неважно. А в течение сезона он добавил, причём очень сильно. И ещё могу сказать, что Никита – командный игрок. Сейчас он играет на уколах, у него очень серьёзная травма. После игры рука у него просто висит, но он выходит, отрабатывает, играет. Поэтому я за то, чтобы ему дали шанс в сборной.

Rough translation: He is playing through a serious (arm) injury, and is taking injections.
Thanks for finding the interview!

So I'm guessing, if he finishes at the soonest possible date (28th Feb), where Avto gets sweeped by Metallurg, then he would need time to recover. Playing through with medication sounds serious though. I'd be happy if he decides to come over to play with Utica in the playoffs (so sometime in April?). Might not be enough for the NHL for this season.

Edited by Brobidus
  • Upvote 1