The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

16 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

What was Gaud's old uni number(s)?

43 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

So... If Tyramkin signs with us (which looks 95% likely), what number does he wear? Gaud's got his old number.

Guadette was 8 in college..   Tryamkin wore 8 in his early years with Avtomobilist and at the 2014 WJC.

... and I’d say Tanev is the least likely to return of the 3. :ph34r:

... it’s Indian leg wrestling between Nik and Adam .

personaly I think Guadette gobbles up 8 before Tryamkin walks in the room.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Guadette was 8 in college..   Tryamkin wore 8 in his early years with Avtomobilist and at the 2014 WJC.

Gaudette with 8 would look good. Shades of one of my favorites, good ol' Greg Adams.

Adam's  was 8 > Adam as 8?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Gaudette with 8 would look good. Shades of one of my favorites, good ol' Greg Adams.

Adam's  was 8 > Adam as 8?

I do beleive Greg Adams wore 8, and I think that would be Gr8 to see another Adam in 8.

. . Just as Gr8 to see 88 on an  XXXL jersey.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J-Dizzle said:

Why are people talking about Gaudette giving up his number?  This is Nikita Tryamkin we’re talking about not Patrick Kane.....

The only reason Guadette is wearing 88 is because Tanev is wearing Guadettes’ number..

Tanev won’t be back next season..   things will be what there supposed to be.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

On 4/10/2020 at 5:04 PM, SilentSam said:

More than likely, yes. But I was both surprised and impressed how he handled, and beat Connor Murphy, who was 3 inches taller and 40 lbs heavier. 

Gaudette's got a lot of fight in him, which bodes well for our team, as does adding Tryamkin!

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Who was the last number tributed back to a incoming player, I remember we had one before?and what was the price paid? A gold watch? A car? Or whatever?

I feel like Sutter gave Eriksson #21.  Not 100% sure on that though.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

The only reason Guadette is wearing 88 is because Tanev is wearing Guadettes’ number..

I think that would be a shame to let go of Tanev. He has grown with this team, had a great year and looks to be the ideal defence pairing and mentor for Hughes. Not to mention his willingness to sacrifice everything for the team, look at the man's teeth or lack thereof. I remember Tanev having a full set when he joined the team. I'm all for re-signing Tanman.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nostalgia said:

I think that would be a shame to let go of Tanev. He has grown with this team, had a great year and looks to be the ideal defence pairing and mentor for Hughes. Not to mention his willingness to sacrifice everything for the team, look at the man's teeth or lack thereof. I remember Tanev having a full set when he joined the team. I'm all for re-signing Tanman.

If we weren’t in cap hell (I think we’re currently in about the 3rd Circle of Benning’s Inferno ;)), I’d be all for re-signing Tanev. Unfortunately, we’re probably gonna need to save some money somewhere, and the right side D might be the place.

Stecher should be at least a couple million bucks cheaper than Tanev, and he can hold down a top-4 role. Myers, of course, isn’t going anywhere. Rafferty and Tryamkin (assuming he’s back and on a reasonable contract) can rotate in on the right side of the third pairing.

Certainly, that right side would look a lot better with Tanev on it, but I’m just not sure we can afford him.

13 hours ago, SilentSam said:

10 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Who was the last number tributed back to a incoming player, I remember we had one before?and what was the price paid? A gold watch? A car? Or whatever?

It’s possible that Tanev won’t be back, but depending on how the NHL sets up its cap, he might be.

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

What size contract would he sign for? NMC? NTC?

Tanev has certainly earned a NTC. This reminds me a lot of the decision to move on from Hamhuis, its a tough one. Tanev still has a ton of value but can we afford to keep him long term? I still think it might be Stecher thats on the bubble and is a casualty of the cap which is a shame since he plays with everything he's got. 

• Cheers 1