The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

12 hours ago, Drop Em said:

I thought this was a Tryamkin thread? Yet somehow (like a lot of threads) they end being hijacked with talk of other players and other arguments. Pretty sure that if you want to talk about Roussel, that he has his own thread to discuss and argue it in.

I generally  agree with you about staying  on topic. Total believer in that. But I think things are taken  in tandem, we need to make room for Tryamkin  money  wise. I  think JBs been painted into a corner  with certain  players. One should go unnamed  lol

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Compared to what Motte/Mac have shown capable of at much less cap it is not good enough.

A lot has yet to transpire though. I want to wait a bit before engaging into this conversation again so we don't have to argue over what ifs. Need a better environment to grow before anyone can formulate a solid opinion. Need compliance buyouts to be a thing, Toffoli to decide on whether or not to re-sign, etc

Oh definitely, they both have youth on their side. BigMac has been healthy and is far bigger than Rooster. However the one thing Roussel has over Motte is the agitation he brings, dragging someone to the box with him or baiting someone into taking a penalty. But $ wise its far better Value with BigMac and Motte.

I get a gut feeling that BigMac is going to score a very big goal when we go on a playoff run. I just keep sensing like he will end up doing something big in playoffs, do to his speed, size, shot and having him further down the lineup where he is more of a complete player with more of a scoring touch than other guys on 3rd/4th lines

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Sign big buf too and play them together

The Buff of 3-4 years ago would have been a perfect partner for Quinn.  Not sure he will ever play again.  Never say never though.  Adding Buff and Tryamkin to our D would be triple fap worthy.  Would be the biggest D in the NHL with Myers.  One can only hope.

30 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

The Buff of 3-4 years ago would have been a perfect partner for Quinn.  Not sure he will ever play again.  Never say never though.  Adding Buff and Tryamkin to our D would be triple fap worthy.  Would be the biggest D in the NHL with Myers.  One can only hope.

I think it’s interesting how quiet Byfuglien has been over his issue with the Jets..  

i think there is obviously more to hear about this story than just how disgruntled the Jets have been over this.

Not like a player has ever been mishandled before,   and a player taking his best interest into his own hands..

..if that’s the case,. I wouldn’t be surprised to see DB playing in top form for 2 more years somewhere..

rumour was it was ankle surgery late last year just as the season started,  the only other thing I heard was he had been with his own doctors, therapists, and trainers.

Thats lots of time to see if a return is possible..  and be sure he’s in top form..  only Buff knows. 

... perhaps T Myers talks him? 

Geezuz..  what a physical mentor he would be for Tryamkin..  who is already a beast of a young man.

B4AA78C2-4CF3-4B79-87E8-A5930E7A5E2D.jpeg

D9E96C20-C4CC-4F1E-B7A7-F73FC3E7C1F2.jpeg

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think it’s interesting how quiet Byfuglien has been over his issue with the Jets..  

i think there is obviously more to hear about this story than just how disgruntled the Jets have been over this.

Not like a player has ever been mishandled before,   and a player taking his best interest into his own hands..

..if that’s the case,. I wouldn’t be surprised to see DB playing in top form for 2 more years somewhere..

rumour was it was ankle surgery late last year just as the season started,  the only other thing I heard was he had been with his own doctors, therapists, and trainers.

Thats lots of time to see if a return is possible..  and be sure he’s in top form..  only Buff knows. 

... perhaps T Myers talks him? 

Geezuz..  what a physical mentor he would be for Tryamkin..  who is already a beast of a young man.

Good point about Myers Sam.  I'm sure they were buddies in Winnipeg.  I think Myers could convince his big buddy to join him for a couple of years.  I'm sure he would be excited to play with Quinn.  Never say never.  Buff would have to have an incredible summer though, he's probably walking around at 325 pounds.  Will need to find a good nutritionist and chef in Vancouver.

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Good point about Myers Sam.  I'm sure they were buddies in Winnipeg.  I think Myers could convince his big buddy to join him for a couple of years.  I'm sure he would be excited to play with Quinn.  Never say never.  Buff would have to have an incredible summer though, he's probably walking around at 325 pounds.  Will need to find a good nutritionist and chef in Vancouver.

All about desire for Byfuglien..  if he wants to,  if he can,  he will.     But that’s been a lot of weight skating on solid ice for many years,. Not quite as forgiving as Turf.

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Just bring back the team they used when they put Tryamkin on “the program.” Heck, could even hire Willie D to run point on the whole operation. What could go wrong? ;) 

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Old Buff would be awesome  but after LE now questions about  Ferland I  dont think that I'd take the chance.

I’m not really advocating for it, but I suppose they could give Buff something similar to Iginla’s 2013-14 contract. One year, 35+ contract with a relatively low base salary and the bulk of the deal in performance bonuses.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I’m not really advocating for it, but I suppose they could give Buff something similar to Iginla’s 2013-14 contract. One year, 35+ contract with a relatively low base salary and the bulk of the deal in performance bonuses.

I could be completely wrong but  team such as TO would be at the front of the queue to sign him on a short term deal. He's custom made to fill their needs

Edited by Fred65

5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Probably. And even if he isn’t a fit for Toronto, there will still be around 10 newspaper columns, 12 online articles, 7 tv segments, 14 radio spots, 400 forum posts, and 600 tweets over the coming months about why Byfuglien should be a Leaf next season. ;) 

Sure. Well take Nylander @ 50% as cap dump.