Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think it’s interesting how quiet Byfuglien has been over his issue with the Jets..  

i think there is obviously more to hear about this story than just how disgruntled the Jets have been over this.

 

Not like a player has ever been mishandled before,   and a player taking his best interest into his own hands..

 

..if that’s the case,. I wouldn’t be surprised to see DB playing in top form for 2 more years somewhere..

rumour was it was ankle surgery late last year just as the season started,  the only other thing I heard was he had been with his own doctors, therapists, and trainers.

Thats lots of time to see if a return is possible..  and be sure he’s in top form..  only Buff knows. 

   ... perhaps T Myers talks him? 

Geezuz..  what a physical mentor he would be for Tryamkin..  who is already a beast of a young man.

Good point about Myers Sam.  I'm sure they were buddies in Winnipeg.  I think Myers could convince his big buddy to join him for a couple of years.  I'm sure he would be excited to play with Quinn.  Never say never.  Buff would have to have an incredible summer though, he's probably walking around at 325 pounds.  Will need to find a good nutritionist and chef in Vancouver.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Sign big buf too and play them together

I would only sign Buff to play in goal as he would cover probably 80% of the net just by sitting in front of it (without goalie equipment).

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Good point about Myers Sam.  I'm sure they were buddies in Winnipeg.  I think Myers could convince his big buddy to join him for a couple of years.  I'm sure he would be excited to play with Quinn.  Never say never.  Buff would have to have an incredible summer though, he's probably walking around at 325 pounds.  Will need to find a good nutritionist and chef in Vancouver.

All about desire for Byfuglien..  if he wants to,  if he can,  he will.     But that’s been a lot of weight skating on solid ice for many years,. Not quite as forgiving as Turf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Good point about Myers Sam.  I'm sure they were buddies in Winnipeg.  I think Myers could convince his big buddy to join him for a couple of years.  I'm sure he would be excited to play with Quinn.  Never say never.  Buff would have to have an incredible summer though, he's probably walking around at 325 pounds.  Will need to find a good nutritionist and chef in Vancouver.

Just bring back the team they used when they put Tryamkin on “the program.” Heck, could even hire Willie D to run point on the whole operation. What could go wrong? ;) 

  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Old Buff would be awesome  but after LE now questions about  Ferland I  dont think that I'd take the chance.

I’m not really advocating for it, but I suppose they could give Buff something similar to Iginla’s 2013-14 contract. One year, 35+ contract with a relatively low base salary and the bulk of the deal in performance bonuses.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I’m not really advocating for it, but I suppose they could give Buff something similar to Iginla’s 2013-14 contract. One year, 35+ contract with a relatively low base salary and the bulk of the deal in performance bonuses.

I could be completely wrong but  team such as TO would be at the front of the queue to sign him on a short term deal. He's custom made to fill their needs

Edited by Fred65
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Probably. And even if he isn’t a fit for Toronto, there will still be around 10 newspaper columns, 12 online articles, 7 tv segments, 14 radio spots, 400 forum posts, and 600 tweets over the coming months about why Byfuglien should be a Leaf next season. ;) 

Sure. Well take Nylander @ 50% as cap dump.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2020 at 10:01 PM, wildcam said:

Hope Jim Benning moves away from Tanev, like him as a player but poor guy is always injured...He is 30 yrs old UFA asking 4 yrs x 4.8 mil ??

We could also not resign and save his 4.6 million toward other player to resign off this roaster..

Resign Taffoli 4 yrs x 4.9 mil ---- Then move Boser for top # 2 D guy...

Resign Markstrom 4 yrs x 5.7 million - with 10 team trade list in his contract...

Resign Virtanen 3 yrs x 3.2 million  -- He will demand raise after this season..Future 20-24 goals - 44 - 50 points regular, real power forward..

Resign Leivo 2x 1.8 million - show me more deal..Solid top 9 forward - Future 18-23 goals - 40 point - solid gritty plays 200 foot game...

Resign Motte 1 yr x 900,000,=-- Might have to move from Motte-- Big MacEwen 6'3 , 4th line ready

Resign MacEwen 2 yrs x 900,000 -- one way deal, NHL ready and we need his gritty style along with speed..Exciting

Maybe with Covid -19 NHL will give every team a one player buy out? Erickson @ 6 million...Yes fingers crossed..

 

Alot can happen between now and and next year.  Personally, I think that LE might just hang them up.  Up until now, LE hasn't hurt the future of the club.  

 

His situation is going to flip this year.  If he returns, he will be a negatively impacting the future of this club.  How does he walk into the locker room if Marky couldn't be resigned due to cap space as a scenario.  

 

 

He has most of his cash, the hiatus will likely hurt the more older players due to the physical growth and maturity that occurs with the 24 yr and younger players naturally.  

 

Hope he hangs up his NHL skates and goes back to play in Sweden if his heart is still in the game.  

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Alot can happen between now and and next year.  Personally, I think that LE might just hang them up.  Up until now, LE hasn't hurt the future of the club.  

 

His situation is going to flip this year.  If he returns, he will be a negatively impacting the future of this club.  How does he walk into the locker room if Marky couldn't be resigned due to cap space as a scenario.  

 

 

He has most of his cash, the hiatus will likely hurt the more older players due to the physical growth and maturity that occurs with the 24 yr and younger players naturally.  

 

Hope he hangs up his NHL skates and goes back to play in Sweden if his heart is still in the game.  

 

 

He strikes me as business first type. I think he will do what's best for his pocketbook.  JB will have to make it worth his while to leave.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He strikes me as business first type. I think he will do what's best for his pocketbook.  JB will have to make it worth his while to leave.

Didn't he turn down a larger Dallas offer to sign with the Twins?  Rather than a "business first" type I think he is a team-first guy

 

Unfortunately the magic he and the Twins displayed on the larger ice didn't translate to NHL rinks

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Googlie said:

Didn't he turn down a larger Dallas offer to sign with the Twins?  Rather than a "business first" type I think he is a team-first guy

 

Unfortunately the magic he and the Twins displayed on the larger ice didn't translate to NHL rinks

If that was true we should have signed him for less than 6 million a year

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...