Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D


Recommended Posts

So back on the Tryamkin train......

 

I am also wondering exactly how this Covid-19 is going to affect the KHL ?

 

IMO, the KHL was condensing somewhat last year, now with the illness, I am sure it will be condensing more

 

or at the very least, it will be offering even smaller contracts...….

 

It will not be all roses, here, imagine there...……….Tryamkin may be working for his whole family

 

So, my bet is he is here soon enough...……………….we could even see Pods this year...aka next year

 

I will be interesting to see the fall out

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Do you think Rathbone is ready for that?   I was thinking at least half a season without the cage on in Utica.

I'm hoping he jumps in quickly ala Hutton in his first year. Hoping.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I'd like Stech as the 7. I think Rathbone moves ahead because of offense.

I'd like to see Stech as the 7 as well, but he would have to take a massive pay cut to do so. I'm thinking it'll more likely be someone like Brisebois/Teves/Rafferty/Chatfield as the 7 (and maybe 8 if we go with 13 forwards) because they are cheap options and are seasoned in the AHL. I think Rathbone would start in the AHL if he signs this year (closer to family being a benefit as well). Otherwise he may stay in college for another year and might be able to walk onto the team when Benn's contract expires.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I'd like to see Stech as the 7 as well, but he would have to take a massive pay cut to do so. I'm thinking it'll more likely be someone like Brisebois/Teves/Rafferty/Chatfield as the 7 (and maybe 8 if we go with 13 forwards) because they are cheap options and are seasoned in the AHL. I think Rathbone would start in the AHL if he signs this year (closer to family being a benefit as well). Otherwise he may stay in college for another year and might be able to walk onto the team when Benn's contract expires.

I think pay amount is correct. I  like Chatfield.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, Tryamkin is going to be brutal without any training. Trade him now for a fifth. That's one more excuse then he chose for not living in one of the best cities in the world and playing at the top level. What a baby.

  • Wat 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lol, Tryamkin is going to be brutal without any training. Trade him now for a fifth. That's one more excuse then he chose for not living in one of the best cities in the world and playing at the top level. What a baby.

Not all together sure about training aspect. He has played for a season in the NHL ie he understands what to expect Although the KHL is no where near the NHL it's still likely better than the AHL. The part that concerns me is the NHL style has chnaged in the last  years, it's a younger and faster league. JB seems to think his skating is not a concern so who am I or us to question that. The plus is obvious he adds a missing component to the blue line. His age is right (25) not to late to learn but enough years left to grow with the team plus of course maybe his wife values the salary now … in US$ no less  :lol: and who knows maybe she's already tired on her mother-in-law

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

https://c1-green.futuripost.com/ckstam/playlist/dhaliwal-tryamkin-cant-wait-forever-for-canucks-to-make-a-deal-not-sure-what-the-delay-is-24308.html

 

Quote

Tryamkin can't wait forever for Canucks to make a deal, not sure what the delay is.

I hate this title...makes it sound like it's Nik's statement and it's not.  Click bait for this discussion, but one that's obviously swirling around out there now that these guys have way too much time on their hands.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

:lol::lol:

 

3rd pairing = yes; 2nd pairing?? who knows

 

first pairing?? haha come on

Agreed! 

I'm not totally sold as some in CDC. I liked what I saw when he played for us. But him leaving for Mother Russia left a sour taste in my mouth. 

Unofficially, my understanding is his return is conditional in that he doesn't play for Utica.

 

Now I realize CDC'ers generally want this kid playing for us. But do we really want to nurse him through the big leagues without maturing in the farm? Is this cause for concern? Does the forum peanut gallery have that much confidence that he'll make that much of an impact on his 2nd go round?

 

I don't. And I think it's obtuse to think otherwise.....Mind you. I'm hopeful.

If he can be as affective as a certain big Swede we had two decades ago, that also spent time in a Euro men's league. Well .........................

  • Hydration 2
  • Wat 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

hhttps://c1-green.futuripost.com/ckstam/playlist/dhaliwal-tryamkin-cant-wait-forever-for-canucks-to-make-a-deal-not-sure-what-the-delay-is-24308.html

 

I hate this title...makes it sound like it's Nik's statement and it's not.  Click bait for this discussion, but one that's obviously swirling around out there now that these guys have way too much time on their hands.

Yeah, I sure miss the days when Dhaliwal was a (almost the only) reliable media source of information. Now it seems like he is just one more troll, looking for whatever pretext he can fabricate to stress out the Canucks fans.

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yeah, I sure miss the days when Dhaliwal was a (almost the only) reliable media source of information. Now it seems like he is just one more troll, looking for whatever pretext he can fabricate to stress out the Canucks fans.

yeah i use to like his posts.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He'd start on the 3rd pairing but it would probably not be a 15 minute pairing, more of a 18 minute pairing if Tryamkin's partner proves more capable than Stech/Benn/Fanta.

 

That would be an extreme improvement if we're able to have a more reliable 3rd pairing next year. It creates a trickle up effect where our top 4 doesn't have to be relied on more, see how Tanev's health and game improved with Myers acquisition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Not all together sure about training aspect. He has played for a season in the NHL ie he understands what to expect Although the KHL is no where near the NHL it's still likely better than the AHL. The part that concerns me is the NHL style has chnaged in the last  years, it's a younger and faster league. JB seems to think his skating is not a concern so who am I or us to question that. The plus is obvious he adds a missing component to the blue line. His age is right (25) not to late to learn but enough years left to grow with the team plus of course maybe his wife values the salary now … in US$ no less  :lol: and who knows maybe she's already tired on her mother-in-law

Too bad you didn’t watch him play over the last 3 years..  might have helped with those insecurities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NexusRift said:

Agreed! 

I'm not totally sold as some in CDC. I liked what I saw when he played for us. But him leaving for Mother Russia left a sour taste in my mouth. 

Unofficially, my understanding is his return is conditional in that he doesn't play for Utica.

 

Now I realize CDC'ers generally want this kid playing for us. But do we really want to nurse him through the big leagues without maturing in the farm? Is this cause for concern? Does the forum peanut gallery have that much confidence that he'll make that much of an impact on his 2nd go round?

 

I don't. And I think it's obtuse to think otherwise.....Mind you. I'm hopeful.

If he can be as affective as a certain big Swede we had two decades ago, that also spent time in a Euro men's league. Well .........................

I take it you haven’t watch him play over the last 3 years either?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He'd start on the 3rd pairing but it would probably not be a 15 minute pairing, more of a 18 minute pairing if Tryamkin's partner proves more capable than Stech/Benn/Fanta.

 

That would be an extreme improvement if we're able to have a more reliable 3rd pairing next year. It creates a trickle up effect where our top 4 doesn't have to be relied on more, see how Tanev's health and game improved with Myers acquisition.

Perhaps Tanevs injury prowess was better because of Myers and Hughes..  QH buys so much ice time and can move the puck laterally quick.  You get Tanev in a corner, and the trainers grab their gauze bags. 

Thats not to say Hughes can’t make anyone look stellar back there.

Its sounded like JB is eager to have Rathbone available, who is cut from the same cloth as Hughes.

 

i personally want to see Tanev move on,  at possibly 5m per,.   that money could be Tryamkin and either Rathbone or Rafferty on that 3rd line..  with better games played numbers that don’t affect the line up.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Perhaps Tanevs injury prowess was better because of Myers and Hughes..  QH buys so much ice time and can move the puck laterally quick.  You get Tanev in a corner, and the trainers grab their gauze bags. 

Thats not to say Hughes can’t make anyone look stellar back there.

Its sounded like JB is eager to have Rathbone available, who is cut from the same cloth as Hughes.

 

i personally want to see Tanev move on,  at possibly 5m per,.   that money could be Tryamkin and either Rathbone or Rafferty on that 3rd line..  with better games played numbers that don’t affect the line up.

It kind of plays into what I was saying that having an overall better D-core lessens the minutes/responsibility making it easier for everybody. Throw in a better top 6 that can be relied upon more than you're gonna have more of that effect. Lets say Rafferty steps up and can handle 2nd unit PP duties, lessening the load for a Myers. A Tryamkin can be a key PKer allowing us to rely more on others 5v5. I do think I make a solid point here.

 

I want Tanev back because I feel we need an upgrade on D better than last year. Losing Tanev would make us worse or close to on par at best which wasn't good enough in front of Marky/Demko this year. If we want to take a step forward we gotta improve and losing Tanev wouldn't help us in that regard. Also Tanev was pretty healthy all year, hard to use his past injuries as a reason to move on when in the past it was him and Edler eating up a majority of major responsibilities and this year with better circumstances we got a better result, I don't expect that to change for the worst but in fact improve with a better top 6 like I mentioned.

 

That said I understand a lot needs to happen with the cap, whether that be compliance buyouts and/or making trades(Benn/Sutter/Baer/Eriksson/etc) so time can change my opinion due to the necessity of the circumstances given.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I take it you haven’t watch him play over the last 3 years either?

Sorry. no I haven't. the occasional highlights and such that's posted in CDC, but otherwise, no.

Don't get me wrong. I'm hopeful about all of the prospects most talked about in here. 

The past few years since Tree bailed, he has been a subject in this thread since then. Obviously he's made an impression. tTruth be told, on me too.

 

I like following our prospects and make a point of viewing any games on TV involving our own; College, CHL, WJC, etc.

I rely on CDC of other prospects not viewable via TV. Much appreciated for sure.

 

The highlights I see are as such....."HIGH" lights. Seriously. Most highlights are of good/great plays. And though I don't see how he plays in game situations, other than when he was playing for us, I have no other reference. 

 

If we can afford, (not financially) to put him on the team without seriously jeopardizing the team's performance, then I say let's go for it.

Where do we fit him? Who do we let go? 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He'd start on the 3rd pairing but it would probably not be a 15 minute pairing, more of a 18 minute pairing if Tryamkin's partner proves more capable than Stech/Benn/Fanta.

 

That would be an extreme improvement if we're able to have a more reliable 3rd pairing next year. It creates a trickle up effect where our top 4 doesn't have to be relied on more, see how Tanev's health and game improved with Myers acquisition.

I believe Tanevs health and game improved more so do to huggybears  play making than what Myers brought to the team. From what i saw last year was a perfect pairing of Tanev and Hughes. Tanev could work with a competent d partner (for once)that has enough sense to play the puck out or skate it out over the blue line. Not trying to make foolish passes back while offensive forwards are deep in on the fore check,while hes under pressure.He is also benefitting from forwards blocking shots up high negating him having to block them down low. He also gives Quinn the perfect partner because Quinn knows Tanev is always in position defensively allowing him  to take chances or feel more comfortable in taking chances. Adding tryamkin is a definite need but not to giving up a true specialist in Tanev over stetcher,benn or fanta. There will be a deal worked out, that works for both parties . Remember all the insanity during Edlers contract or possible contract? it worked out well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

As I said in another thread.....

 

I think Benning has said, he would want Tryamkin back

So, Benning and co, must think that Tryamkin can contribute

 

So for this reason, I say bite the bullet and offer the guy a 5 year @ 3.5 million

That is a huge raise for him and really is a good deal for us, if he plays 2nd pairing minutes

 

Yes, it is gutsy but, at some point you have to decide if he is or isn't a NHL regular

and since you are cutting ties with either Stecher or Tanev, if you think he can play

He had better be a lot better than Stecher to replace him

 

If that is the case, then, maybe he is good enough to step in and play Tanev's minutes

 

Now, if you bring him in for 1year @ 2.5 million (he was offered 2 million per 3 years ago)

And he plays well, then you are going to pay through the nose...…5+million as a 2nd pairing,the year after.

 

 

So, IMHO, it is safer to pay him 3.5 per over 5 years, than 5+ over the same 5 years if he plays better

I mean you are paying Benn 2 million to sit, and you are paying Myers 6 Million as a 2nd pairing, which I am not sure he is

so, if you sign him Long term right away and risk it, you are probably only over paying a tad (1/2 Million per)

and you can always give him an OUT, so he can go back if mutually agreed upon....

 

No different than what Hoglander just got in his contract

  • Hydration 2
  • Wat 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dannydog said:

I believe Tanevs health and game improved more so do to huggybears  play making than what Myers brought to the team. From what i saw last year was a perfect pairing of Tanev and Hughes. Tanev could work with a competent d partner (for once)that has enough sense to play the puck out or skate it out over the blue line. Not trying to make foolish passes back while offensive forwards are deep in on the fore check,while hes under pressure.He is also benefitting from forwards blocking shots up high negating him having to block them down low. He also gives Quinn the perfect partner because Quinn knows Tanev is always in position defensively allowing him  to take chances or feel more comfortable in taking chances. Adding tryamkin is a definite need but not to giving up a true specialist in Tanev over stetcher,benn or fanta. There will be a deal worked out, that works for both parties . Remember all the insanity during Edlers contract or possible contract? it worked out well.

In regards to Edler he's a lot older and could perhaps start regressing before Tanev as well. It would work out well because Rath/OJ can start to take up that responsibility as that happens. I do think we re-sign Edler short term in 2021 but I feel his next contract may be his last, he'd be 35 by the time he needs one. Still having Tanev after Edler's gone will help since most of the guys we have in the system play the left side.

 

By the time Tanev's new contract is close to expiring Myers will be as well, if we sign him to 4ish years which I want. Both are essentially stop gaps until we are able to trade or draft another solid RD.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...