The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

this situation is so fluid that I can see ELCs being part of the picture when its all said and done. 

Seems like an added complication for no real benefit.  Do team outside the playoffs get to sign players to ELCs for this year when their season is already over?  Do just some teams get to do it?  The mandate so far is for no one getting to sign for this year.

It would be more beneficial for all involved to be able to do some sort of prospects camps/development outside the playoff “bubbles”.

Our roster, when fully healthy, looks very good. The worst part about it is that third defensive pairing. 

With playoffs seeming more likely, I honestly think adding Tryamkin to the line-up immediately would pay huge dividends. 

I'm still confused as to whether this is a possibility though.  

Edited by Slegr

36 minutes ago, AK_19 said:

At 42:50 Dhaliwal and Sekeres talk about Tryamkin:
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/sekeres-price-may-14-2020-hour-3-1.1476010

Dhaliwal stated he's not 100% sure if Tryamkin will be signed and Skeres mentioned, "they are working on a trade" and that a little birdy told him Tryamkin would never wear a Canucks jersey. 

All lies! 

• Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

It was speculation and opinion based on the situation and what they know or suspect.  Tough to term that as lies.  

"A little birdy told him" sounds like a fabrication. If he had a real source he most likely would have indicated roughly where the rumour came from, ie: Tram's camp, or the Canucks organization, or an agent, or another team, etc. And it sounds like the two media colleagues have a bet on whether or not it is true, so apparently even his partner doesn't believe it.

• Cheers 1

Just now, WeneedLumme said:

"A little birdy told him" sounds like a fabrication. If he had a real source he most likely would have indicated roughly where the rumour came from, ie: Tram's camp, or the Canucks organization, or an agent, or another team, etc. And it sounds like the two media colleagues have a bet on whether or not it is true, so apparently even his partner doesn't believe it.

Yeah. There’s no statement here. Just speculation and a bet. Dhaliwal was sure Tryamkin would be signed. He’s less sure now (likely because the delay in signing a 1 year low dollar contract doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense 

8 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Yeah. There’s no statement here. Just speculation and a bet. Dhaliwal was sure Tryamkin would be signed. He’s less sure now (likely because the delay in signing a 1 year low dollar contract doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense 

In this environment it makes perfect sense. When does the contract start - this season or next season? How much money is available - like how high is the cap going to be next season? 

I expect the contract to be for a relatively short term, but we do not know for a fact that both sides have agreed to a one-year term, that is just a rumour. Nor do we know what either side has in mind for salary or terms. 

All of those things are important to the parties to the contract. Contracts only seem easy to negotiate to those who have never tried to do so.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Provost said:

Seems like an added complication for no real benefit.  Do team outside the playoffs get to sign players to ELCs for this year when their season is already over?  Do just some teams get to do it?  The mandate so far is for no one getting to sign for this year.

It would be more beneficial for all involved to be able to do some sort of prospects camps/development outside the playoff “bubbles”.

In previous years teams who missed the playoffs couldn't get those players under contract and burn a year either unless their season finished sufficiently early.  Makar started in the playoffs.  

Often it's not about playoff help but rather to get the players under contract.  How many NCAA players will be UFA this year (- not sure if the 15 August date still applies).   Being able to offer to burn a year could help some teams retain those players.

Benning apparently would like Rathbone to turn pro but he can't offer to burn a year.  Who knows if the league won't end up keeping that rule beyond just this season.  

Edited by mll

13 hours ago, AK_19 said:

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/sekeres-price-may-14-2020-hour-3-1.1476010

Dhaliwal stated he's not 100% sure if Tryamkin will be signed and Skeres mentioned, "they are working on a trade" and that a little birdy told him Tryamkin would never wear a Canucks jersey. 

Sounds like these guys are getting their “tips” from D Trump and his magic black sharpie.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Provost said:

teams outside the playoffs, assuming we jump right into playoffs, are probably going to get a benefit in the lottery, thats unfair too. There's no perfect situation but 24 teams could benefit. The  outside are being compensated by better lotto odds. 

Edler is going to walk everybody! :frantic:

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, mll said:

They told Guerin there is likely zero chance that they will allow it.  Not yet 100% but sounds pretty close to a no.

It's not linked to a league agreement.  Trouba and Nylander were also going to be prevented to play had they failed to sign by 1 December although they were not signed with any other league.

But weren’t Trouba and Nylander IN RFA negotiations still active with the NHL? . They had not signed another contract to fulfill elsewhere.. and they were probably not listed on a reserve roster. 

Just seems to me this is entirely different Mil.   

After playing 3 seasons in a different league that has no contractual agreements with the NHL, this is a player that has played out his contract and season somewhere else, and is sitting on our reserve roster. 

It is different..  I would like to hear the Leagues fair interpretation of this..  but I doubt we get to hear it.

• Cheers 1

Ps.  Thanks for the home work on this AK_19..        ...I think that “little birdy” reference is to his “twitter feed,. Where NT is getting slaughtered at times when these stooges negatively hype up anything Tryamkin.

Heis a fantastic player for this team to have a hand on..  we have nothing next season on D, apart from a future with Hughes and Myers to build on,.. and Tryamkin is the perfect size , skill set, and all around player to support and add to that cast.

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Ps.  Thanks for the home work on this AK_19..        ...I think that “little birdy” reference is to his “twitter feed,. Where NT is getting slaughtered at times when these stooges negatively hype up anything Tryamkin.

Heis a fantastic player for this team to have a hand on..  we have nothing next season on D, apart from a future with Hughes and Myers to build on,.. and Tryamkin is the perfect size , skill set, and all around player to support and add to that cast.

Benning's in a tough spot, albeit one of his own making cap-wise. If we had even 1.5-2 mil in open cap right now I think Nik would be signed. Without the ability to know what the cap will be or if there will be compliance buyouts its hard to make a deal. I'm hoping that Bettman and the NHLPA get to a decision on buyouts soon, I don't see why we'd need to wait for a full new CBA, they could just decide to amend the current one to add the compliance buyout in a side letter. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2