The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

14 hours ago, AK_19 said:

At 42:50 Dhaliwal and Sekeres talk about Tryamkin:
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/sekeres-price-may-14-2020-hour-3-1.1476010

Dhaliwal stated he's not 100% sure if Tryamkin will be signed and Skeres mentioned, "they are working on a trade" and that a little birdy told him Tryamkin would never wear a Canucks jersey. 

It sounded a lot more like them bantering about their bet rather than any actual knowledge of an impending trade.  A trade might happen, but it would be a hockey move to help our team.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Provost said:

It sounded a lot more like them bantering about their bet rather than any actual knowledge of an impending trade.  A trade might happen, but it would be a hockey move to help our team.

to me, I think a trade to free up cap space is more likely but perhaps Toronto, Pittsburgh or Washington are interested? Or maybe this is the "deal" Benning has referenced to recover picks. I would love to see Tryamkin in Vancouver, but given what happened and rumour he wants a 1 year deal, I think a trade is a save move because he might want to cash in somewhere else in 1 yrs time. Trade him to NJ for our pick back

Edited by Canucks Curse

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

to me, I think a trade to free up cap space is more likely but perhaps Toronto, Pittsburgh or Washington are interested? Or maybe this is the "deal" Benning has referenced to recover picks. I would love to see Tryamkin in Vancouver, but given what happened and rumour he wants a 1 year deal, I think a trade is a save move because he might want to cash in somewhere else in 1 yrs time. Trade him to NJ for our pick back

He isn't a UFA until 2022-23, so a 1 year deal keeps him under club control.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

I definitely interpreted that conversation between Sekeres and Dhaliwal differently than most. I think Dhaliwal's main source for his opinion that Tryamkin would be signed is from Tryamkin's camp. However, considering the surprise to Try's camp that they haven't received an offer, Dhaliwal's opinion has changed to not being sure he will sign. Sekeres I believe heard, albeit awhile ago whenever this bet was made, likely from the Canucks camp that Tryamkin would never wear a Canucks jersey. That's an incredibly strong statement to be made. I do think trying to trade him would make sense of why he isn't signed yet. His camp's signing range of 2-3 mil for a year or two is a perfectly reasonable amount, not sure why he isn't signed when other teams have been willing to do short term contracts.

With that being said, I hope I'm wrong because Tryamkin was my favourite player on this team the year he played a full year for the Canucks.

• Cheers 4

14 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Your drinking the bait..    I hear “Sleemans” gets the water for their beer from a lake that millions swim in and cities drain into.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

He has almost zero value in a trade

11 minutes ago, AK_19 said:

I definitely interpreted that conversation between Sekeres and Dhaliwal differently than most. I think Dhaliwal's main source for his opinion that Tryamkin would be signed is from Tryamkin's camp. However, considering the surprise to Try's camp that they haven't received an offer, Dhaliwal's opinion has changed to not being sure he will sign. Sekeres I believe heard, albeit awhile ago whenever this bet was made, likely from the Canucks camp that Tryamkin would never wear a Canucks jersey. That's an incredibly strong statement to be made. I do think trying to trade him would make sense of why he isn't signed yet. His camp's signing range of 2-3 mil for a year or two is a perfectly reasonable amount, not sure why he isn't signed when other teams have been willing to do short term contracts.

With that being said, I hope I'm wrong because Tryamkin was my favourite player on this team the year he played a full year for the Canucks.

Sekeres is taking his entertainment cues from Trump..   remember this flu will go away in April when it warms up.

They play to masses of emotionally tied prince and princesses who live in glass menageries.

J Patterson is just plain dumb.  There are 12 year olds who know the game better that could ask better questions to an NHL Coach or GM.   JP. pretends to ask a sports psychologists question, leaving for open ended answers..  the guy dosent have a pulse for the game..  frozen guber.,  they all are in this town.   Wanna be managers, backyard drunks.  

None of them study the leagues (including international) to see the talent rising or make the fantastic contacts and relationships that give them the access to honesty,. And a path to great friendships around the world.

They are happy with their followers in this small town of a city..  they think they’re gods that speak wisdom.

....   Emperors in new clothes,  all of them,.  So easy to see.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

I still think this move is a bit premature but something like Virtanen + Tryamkin for a young top 4 RHD wouldn't be awful either...

I find it totally ironic that our 2 replacements for Tanev and Edler are both un-signed at the moment.....

IMO, I am looking at our defensive assets as half full in terms of talent, meaning I would like to see what we have before going out and getting more.....

We have Hughes, Rafferty, Tryamkin, Juolevi, Rathbone, Brisebois and Woo, not to mention Stecher, all who have the potential to play NHL minutes.....

In Hughes and Stecher they are all ready here......and again we still have Edler, Tanev and Myers here.

IMO, Benning seems to be in a bit of a quandary, and frozen, by way of a unknown cap......

But...….I will say this again...….trading Boeser, allows alot of things to happen, and totally takes the pressure of Benning regarding cap.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

8 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

But...….I will say this again...….trading Boeser, allows alot of things to happen, and totally takes the pressure of Benning regarding cap.

And also takes a 30 goal scorer off our roster.

Take Boeser and Toffoli out of our top 6 and it goes back to being very weak. 

Pettersson will get all the attention from opposition and we’ll be a one line team.

No thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

And also takes a 30 goal scorer off our roster.

Take Boeser and Toffoli out of our top 6 and it goes back to being very weak. 

Pettersson will get all the attention from opposition and we’ll be a one line team.

No thanks.

Any talk of trading Boeser is not realistic unless Toffoli is resigned. Trading him is about what comes back. That player has to be a top 4 d-man with potential of being a top pairing. I love Boeser's shot but his speed could be better. Toffoli provides more experience and a age that is not out of line with CUP contention in a couple of years. The d-core has to have further help whether that can happen without a trade only Jim knows. 

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

We paid Miller less than we pay Horvat and a Boeser, are Horvat and Boeser also overpaid?

... I think you’ll agree Ray,   that it’s far too easy to be a Sprorts Journalist in Vancouver.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

... I think you’ll agree Ray,   that it’s far too easy to be a Sprorts Journalist in Vancouver.

do we actually have any of those? we have lots of "personalities" and "commentators" but we haven't had actual sports journalism in the Sun or Province or on tv for a long time now. 

• Vintage 3