Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, mll said:

 

Benning talks of signing him for next year.  He can't sign this year.  He's a RFA and had to be signed by 1 December to be allowed to play this season.   

 

 

I was looking at previous pages on this topic and you have participated in about 45 pages with several posters that have all found rules, clauses previous examples and given dozens of explanations but you still continue to argue you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Perhaps the NHL recently ruling that KHL players are NOT eligible for the PLAY IN ROUND would show you that they are indeed allowed to play this year. They have ASKED teams not to play KHL players this year, ASKED.

 

That Benning hasn't signed him is no big deal, he hasn't signed anyone except Holander, he isn't even talking with agents evidently. Benning also said he wanted to sign _______ next year, "we think he will be a reeeeall gooood player for us" numerous times.

 

Current media is discussing players joining their teams from the KHL.

 

You really need to read some of this stuff, Pooparty and Nylander were different circumstances,they hadn't played for a full year on a foreign team.

 

There is something I remember reading a post that refereed to cap friendly about this.as well.

 

Don't get mixed up with current players and those on reserve lists and learn about defected players and signing FA's that were not under contract the previous season. Didn't Carolina have a player that signed after the TDL that was a FA on their reserve list, Justin Williams signed January 7.

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

I was looking at previous pages on this topic and you have participated in about 45 pages with several posters that have all found rules, clauses previous examples and given dozens of explanations but you still continue to argue you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Perhaps the NHL recently ruling that KHL players are NOT eligible for the PLAY IN ROUND would show you that they are indeed allowed to play this year. They have ASKED teams not to play KHL players this year, ASKED.

 

That Benning hasn't signed him is no big deal, he hasn't signed anyone except Holander, he isn't even talking with agents evidently. Benning also said he wanted to sign _______ next year, "we think he will be a reeeeall gooood player for us" numerous times.

 

Current media is discussing players joining their teams from the KHL.

 

You really need to read some of this stuff, Pooparty and Nylander were different circumstances,they hadn't played for a full year on a foreign team.

 

There is something I remember reading a post that refereed to cap friendly about this.as well.

 

Don't get mixed up with current players and those on reserve lists and learn about defected players and signing FA's that were not under contract the previous season. Didn't Carolina have a player that signed after the TDL that was a FA on their reserve list, Justin Williams signed January 7.

 

Justin Williams was a UFA and was not on any teams reserve list.  He could have signed with any team.  UFAs can be signed up to the TDL to participate in the playoffs.  Nashville did that with Mike Fisher.

 

There are several different category of players and each are treated differently.  Tryamkin is a group 2 RFA and that category of player cannot play if they are not signed by 1 December.

 

Current media is talking about new ELC players like Romanov, Scott Perunovich, Ian Mitchell, Rathbone etc.  Tryamkin does not fall in that category of players.  Boeser and Hughes signed once their season was over - Canucks did not make the playoffs that year. Makar signed during the playoffs.   Dreger talks of entry level players - ie new ELCs.  

 

Edited by mll
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lazurus said:

He wasn't under contract, the Canucks just held his rights and he hadn't had a contract for over two years so just like Cale Makar last year or Radulov years ago, nothing has changed.

With the KHL season officially being cancelled Wednesday, players with expiring KHL contracts are free to sign with NHL teams as of May 1.

Golden Knights may get playoff boost from KHL MVP

Nikita Gusev will join the Vegas Golden Knights this weekend and could possibly play in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, TSN reported Friday.

Gusev is the reigning MVP of the Kontinental Hockey League. The 26-year-old left wing has played with SKA St. Petersburg since 2015-16 and this season led the KHL with 82 points (17 goals, 65 assists).

 

There is an agreement between the KHL and NHL a memorandum;

The agreement respects the professional contracts of players from both leagues and obliges both sides to complete a range of procedures to avoid conflicts in the process of players moving from one league to the other.

 

 

Gusev signed his ELC - ie his 1st ever NHL contract.  Tolvanen also signed at the end of the season with Nashville coming from the KHL.  Gusev and Tolvanen were on new ELCs like Boeser, Makar, Hughes.  Tryamkin is a RFA and will sign his 2nd NHL contract.  They are not in the same category of players.  New ELCs have always been allowed to sign but this year the league does not want to authorise it.  That's what they are talking about in media because it's a change from previous years and the NHLPA is fighting it.

 

Tryamkin is trying to sign his 2nd contract.  He is a RFA and not a new ELC player.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Tryamkin is just what the doctor ordered for the playoffs.  Would be awesome for JB to sign him so I can watch the meltdown on here.

Lol...yeah....cuz a #6 D is going to make the difference lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pete M said:

Gusev was traded to Jersey

 

image.png.8d10f7eed73397f48cd48cde24ba90c8.png

He signed his ELC with Vegas and burned that 1st year - he never played a game but he was an option to play.  It was a 1 year ELC because of his age.  Like Boeser, Makar etc he was a 1st time ELC and not a RFA as he had never ever played in the  NHL before.

 

Vegas then traded his rights to NJD in the off-season and NJD signed him to his 2nd contract - 2 years at 4.5M.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Lol...yeah....cuz a #6 D is going to make the difference lol.

Once Tryamkins career in the NHL gets its foundation .. he will become far more impactive a player in the playoffs than what Tanev has been at 16 games played over 10 seasons so far.

 

Maybe before you leave to join Space Force,..   you can throw a hot water bottle and a bag of ice on that stretcher that’s waiting for CT..  don’t forget to tip the ambulance driver.

 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole thing on whether he COULD play or not this post-season is so confusing. I wish a reporter would ask Benning straight up what his understanding is on whether Tryamkin could play in the 2020 NHL playoffs, so we can hear directly on his interpretation of the situation and any NHL ruling on it. 

 

Because it either seems to be: 1) Tryamkin isn't eligible to play this post-season, or 2) Benning isn't wanting to sign him yet because we don't know what the cap situation is moving forward, and whether some of the junior leagues will be running that have other Canucks defense prospects on them, thus wanting to be strategic about who signs with the big club right away.

 

I feel like IF Tryamkin is eligible to play this post-season, we get him signed and figure out the rest later. Anything can happen in the post-season, so why not load up as much as possible? We know injuries on our defence are unavoidable. And when I look at our line-up when it's healthy, our bottom defensive pairing is the weakest part. With so much parity between NHL teams, it could just make the difference in a 7-game series to put us over the edge.

Edited by Slegr
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pete M said:

Good discussion "Lazurus" and "mll"...you're both convincing, which makes me no further ahead with knowing the answer...

I’ve had similar conversations on this topic with @mll ..  I find them all productive, ...  but it does seem there is something dis similar to Tryamkins situation than others.  The top pocket item is that Tryamkin was put on our reserve roster last year..  perhaps the NHL told them to do this..     it would be incredible to have the Opportunity to have Tryamkin play in playoff contention this season,.  And also to help burn a year off any contract offered.

Right now , I’m happy to see his probable return to Vancouver next season,.  And will be stoked if he gets playoff time with us this  season..   either way,   I have a Kesler Jersey on stand by I will be converting to Nik’s new number with us ;)

  • Hydration 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

From today's Edmonton Journal (on whether Chicago's recently signed Mitchell could play on resumption:

 

“I can tell you that as of right now, our position, and this is something we’re going to have to ultimately resolve with the NHL Players’ Association like so many other contractual issues, but our position, the League’s position right now, and our position with our clubs since the start of the pause, is no club is entitled to sign a current‑year contract,” NHL vice-president Bill Daly said during a Zoom call with reporters. “They are free to sign future‑year contracts, so for the 2020‑21 season and beyond, perfectly fair game.

“But it would be our position, particularly given the advanced date and given the fact it could affect a lot of the players who might now be able to play the balance of the season, it may be unfair to let them play the balance of the season. We’ve progressed past the trade deadline. Each team has kind of set its roster. Its roster reflects — and everybody will come back healthy, which is a benefit to the teams — its roster really reflects its efforts in the 2019‑20 season. And to add a couple of, for lack of a better term, ‘ringers’ when you’re going into the playoffs is not the best way for sports to proceed in our view.”

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I’ve had similar conversations on this topic with @mll ..  I find them all productive, ...  but it does seem there is something dis similar to Tryamkins situation than others.  The top pocket item is that Tryamkin was put on our reserve roster last year..  perhaps the NHL told them to do this..     it would be incredible to have the Opportunity to have Tryamkin play in playoff contention this season,.  And also to help burn a year off any contract offered.

Right now , I’m happy to see his probable return to Vancouver next season,.  And will be stoked if he gets playoff time with us this  season..   either way,   I have a Kesler Jersey on stand by I will be converting to Nik’s new number with us ;)

 

Every player that belongs to the Canucks is on the reserve list.   Horvat, Miller are on the reserve list as players under contract.  Rathbone, Podkolzin as unsigned draftees. Tryamkin as a RFA.  It's limited to 90 players.   

 

CBA - Article 1 Definitions:

 

"Reserve List" means the list of all Players to whom a Club has rights including all Unsigned Draft Choices, all Players signed to an SPC (whether or not currently playing in the NHL), and all Players who have signed an SPC but who have subsequently been returned to Juniors. A Club may have on its Reserve List, at any one time, not more than 90 Players, which shall include the following:

(a) Not more than 50 Players signed to an SPC and not less than 24 Players and 3 goalkeepers under an SPC. Age 18 and age 19 Players who were returned to Juniors, and who have not played 11 NHL Games in one season, shall be exempt from inclusion in the 50 Player limit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Googlie said:

From today's Edmonton Journal (on whether Chicago's recently signed Mitchell could play on resumption:

 

“I can tell you that as of right now, our position, and this is something we’re going to have to ultimately resolve with the NHL Players’ Association like so many other contractual issues, but our position, the League’s position right now, and our position with our clubs since the start of the pause, is no club is entitled to sign a current‑year contract,” NHL vice-president Bill Daly said during a Zoom call with reporters. “They are free to sign future‑year contracts, so for the 2020‑21 season and beyond, perfectly fair game.

“But it would be our position, particularly given the advanced date and given the fact it could affect a lot of the players who might now be able to play the balance of the season, it may be unfair to let them play the balance of the season. We’ve progressed past the trade deadline. Each team has kind of set its roster. Its roster reflects — and everybody will come back healthy, which is a benefit to the teams — its roster really reflects its efforts in the 2019‑20 season. And to add a couple of, for lack of a better term, ‘ringers’ when you’re going into the playoffs is not the best way for sports to proceed in our view.”

Pretty clear that tryamkin cannot play for the Canucks until next season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Googlie said:

From today's Edmonton Journal (on whether Chicago's recently signed Mitchell could play on resumption:

 

“I can tell you that as of right now, our position, and this is something we’re going to have to ultimately resolve with the NHL Players’ Association like so many other contractual issues, but our position, the League’s position right now, and our position with our clubs since the start of the pause, is no club is entitled to sign a current‑year contract,” NHL vice-president Bill Daly said during a Zoom call with reporters. “They are free to sign future‑year contracts, so for the 2020‑21 season and beyond, perfectly fair game.

“But it would be our position, particularly given the advanced date and given the fact it could affect a lot of the players who might now be able to play the balance of the season, it may be unfair to let them play the balance of the season. We’ve progressed past the trade deadline. Each team has kind of set its roster. Its roster reflects — and everybody will come back healthy, which is a benefit to the teams — its roster really reflects its efforts in the 2019‑20 season. And to add a couple of, for lack of a better term, ‘ringers’ when you’re going into the playoffs is not the best way for sports to proceed in our view.”

I appreciate this G..   but there are holes in it,.  Daly states “I can tell you that as of right now, our position, and this is something we’re going to have to ultimately resolve with the NHL Players’ Association like so many other contractual issues, but our position, the League’s position right now, and our position with our clubs since the start of the pause, is no club is entitled to sign a current‑year contract,”

... it looks to be a more protective statement to avoid signing UFA’s for the remainder of the season after July 1st, or their availability from other leagues,  outside of any existing roster or list associated with the NHL.

 

Theoretically,  if this passed, it would not allow an ELC to play out of College this season as well.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I appreciate this G..   but there are holes in it,.  Daly states “I can tell you that as of right now, our position, and this is something we’re going to have to ultimately resolve with the NHL Players’ Association like so many other contractual issues, but our position, the League’s position right now, and our position with our clubs since the start of the pause, is no club is entitled to sign a current‑year contract,”

... it looks to be a more protective statement to avoid signing UFA’s for the remainder of the season after July 1st, or their availability from other leagues,  outside of any existing roster or list associated with the NHL.

 

Theoretically,  if this passed, it would not allow an ELC to play out of College this season as well.

This quote by Daly is about new ELCs - Boeser, Hughes, Makar, Tolvanen (KHL) would not be allowed to sign this season.  It's about 1s time ELCs - Rathbone for the Canucks, Sorokin for NYI, Romanov for Montreal, Scott Perunovich for STL, Kaprisov for Minnesota but not Tryamkin who is RFA and already cannot play.  The league does not want to allow new ELCs for this season while in the past those players were allowed to sign.  

 

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks... the Tryamkin can’t play this season debate was done a few hundred pages ago.  He can’t.

 

Start arguing about getting him signed for next season.  That is probably the only signing that gets us off the Judd Brackett argument train :)

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...