The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

23 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think the only bright spots on our D this year are  Hutton, Biegga, Bartowski, Sbisa, and even Pedan for the lone game he appeared in (on D).

Everyone else has leveled their play,. Including Tanev, who might be worth dealing to NYI for Hamonic if possible or Florida for rights to RFA Gudbranson.

time for the re-vamp to help our forward core .. Tryamkin, Pedan, Larsen.. All look promising for next year. Also keeping an eye out for David Sheilds signed a PTO with Utica , he was buried in the St Louis System .. apparently been looking good under Coach TG.

To be fair, levelling their play for players like Edler, Tanev and Hamhuis still puts them at a pretty good level. For Weber, not so much. I would however move Tanev for Hamonic, although I'd more likely lean to moving someone from the left side like Edler to even out our left and right handed shots.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Every year we watch opposition teams lining up in front of the goalies as well as crashing into them.  Other than Biega, the dmen just stand beside them or try to control the puck away from the net.

I am soooooo hoping that this guy or Pedan will take care of that problem.

Could you imagine Marchand trying to face wash one of the Sedins with his glove with Tryamkin and Pedan on the ice?

12 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

To be fair, levelling their play for players like Edler, Tanev and Hamhuis still puts them at a pretty good level. For Weber, not so much. I would however move Tanev for Hamonic, although I'd more likely lean to moving someone from the left side like Edler to even out our left and right handed shots.

Not for ghe money Edler and Hamhuis has been paid.

Hamhuis started to drop off after he tried to stop Lucic in the SCFinal.. Ballsy effort,. But olay has diminished since..

Edler has not been physical since his suspension in the Worlds 2 years ago.. Seems like he is just playing into retirement..  Just my opinion.

Tanev has played at the pro level for 4 years now,. Still weighs the 180lbs he started with.. Opposing forwards usually dump and chase him into his corner and successfully drive him off the puck.

He has become a fan favorite, and shown less development.. Rarely shoots. I see him more of a 5th D , than a top 4 D.

42 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hamhuis started to drop off after he tried to stop Lucic in the SCFinal.. Ballsy effort,. But olay has diminished since..

Edler has not been physical since his suspension in the Worlds 2 years ago.. Seems like he is just playing into retirement..  Just my opinion.

Tanev has played at the pro level for 4 years now,. Still weighs the 180lbs he started with.. Opposing forwards usually dump and chase him into his corner and successfully drive him off the puck.

He has become a fan favorite, and shown less development.. Rarely shoots. I see him more of a 5th D , than a top 4 D.

Your evalulation of players is so off its funny

Edited by Gstank29

32 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

And whats your evaluation?

care to amuse me?

Edler's a decent all-around # 2 lacking a first pair (and preferably #1 or at least more dominant #2) partner. (He'd be a good 2B to a better 2A...or #1)

Tanev's a good cerebral #3 that would do well paired with a more physical guy. I actually think him and Sbisa would make a decent 2nd/shutdown pair (or one of Pedan/Tryamkin could work out down the line as well). Though again, a better, more dominant, physical partner would do wonders.

Hamhuis is a solid, cerebral #3 trending to a #4 with age.

Sbisa is a #4/#5 guy who is quick, relatively physical but needs a cerebral partner.

Hutton's a good, young #4 who is trending up quickly. He has an elite #3, 2nd pair anchor or maybe even #2D first pair ceiling.

Bartowski's a young, still improving #6/7 D with good skating and good ability to transition out of his own end. #5 ceiling.

Biega is a solid #6/7 journeyman

Weber is a #7/8 complimentary offensive guy. Injury fill in.

Therein lies the problem with our D. One 1st pair calibre D, some 3/4 guys one of whom is trending down with age and mercifully Hutton and then some bottom pair/borderline NHL'ers.

Our top 4, top 2 in particular, is laughable with nothing notable behind it to back it up.

Edited by J.R.
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Edler's a decent all-around # 2 lacking a first pair (and preferably #1 or at least more dominant #2) partner. (He'd be a good 2B to a better 2A.)

Tanev's a good cerebral #3 that would do well paired with a more physical guy. I actually think him and Sbisa would make a decent 2nd/shutdown pair (or one of Pedan/Tryamkin could work out down the line as well). Though again, a better, more dominant, physical partner would do wonders.

Sbisa is a #4/#5 guy who is quick, relatively physical but needs a cerebral partner.

Hutton's a good, young #4 who is trending up quickly. He has an elite #3, 2nd pair anchor or maybe even #2D first pair ceiling.

Bartowski's a young, still improving #6/7 D with good skating and good ability to transition out of his own end. #5 ceiling.

I think youve helped my opinion that Gstank seems to find "funny".

i just dont see our top Dmen as "Top" Dmen. 

Which may also stand to reason why Dallas saw Russell being far more attractive to pick up at TDL than Hamhuis.

i can not say that they are worthless,. But that same money for Hamhuis and Edler (10-11m) should have you a better pair .

17 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Well said JR
My only adjustment would be having Edler as a second pairing guy but preferably gone altogether. ::D 

I like Edler but if we could get him to waive and do something around Edler for Hamonic....in a HEARTBEAT.

Then you either re-sign Hamhuis (at a discount) or go after a Yandle, Goligoski etc, bring in Pedan, Tryamkin, draft Sergachev and it starts to look better :lol:

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think youve helped my opinion that Gstank seems to find "funny".

i just dont see our top Dmen as "Top" Dmen. 

Which may also stand to reason why Dallas saw Russell being far more attractive to pick up at TDL than Hamhuis.

i can not say that they are worthless,. But that same money for Hamhuis and Edler (10-11m) should have you a better pair .

Edler's a good #2 being paid as an ok #2 or good #3. Hamhuis was a good #2 being paid as a good #3 and just the last couple seasons has declined to 'only' being worth his contract.

They're not the problem. Neither is Tanev. The problem is a lack of additional top 2/top 4 guys around them and/or uncomplimentary partners/roles.

For instance, by their 'rank' Hamhuis/Tanev should probably be our 2nd pair but they lack any meaningful offense or physicality and aren't really complimentary partners. They're both better served by a meaner, more physical partner (a Mitchell/Bieksa type for example). Hutton arguably could play 2nd pair as well and at least bring some offense, but again, they'd lack physicality (note how well Hutton/Sbisa pair up).

So we have one first pair D and three second pair D who aren't a good fit with each other as our top 4 :picard:

And that's healthy! With injuries...:sick:

Edited by J.R.

lol at all of you that try to rate the canuck players, How the canuck management view our depth chart will be completely different from any other team. The fact that all of you express your opinions against each other is amusing to read...cheers!

9 minutes ago, SedinMadness said:

lol at all of you that try to rate the canuck players, How the canuck management view our depth chart will be completely different from any other team. The fact that all of you express your opinions against each other is amusing to read...cheers!

And what do you do?  Rate opinions?  LoL

at least "we here" have opinions, whether or not we agree or disagree dosent matter.. 

but the fact that you have no opinion on any topic here, sincerely means that YOU do not matter.

... And that, "WE" , find even more amusing.

Cheers.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

And what do you do?  Rate opinions?  LoL

at least "we here" have opinions, whether or not we agree or disagree dosent matter.. 

but the fact that you have no opinion on any topic here, sincerely means that YOU do not matter.

... And that, "WE" , find even more amusing.

Cheers.

Sammy boy, our opinions sometimes clash, but in the case of that poster...WE AGREE 100% 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sammy boy, our opinions sometimes clash, but in the case of that poster...WE AGREE 100% 

Have to laugh even more at his comment about "thinking we know more than management" LoL !

.. Management  is into its 3rd Coach and 2nd Gm in 3yrs..  ??(i might be a little off on that).

Obviously,  "management knows more than us (CDC). LoL

Edited by SilentSam

Just now, SilentSam said:

Have to laugh even more at his comment about "thinking we know more than management" LoL !

.. Management  is into its 3rd Coach and 2nd Gm in 3yrs..  ??(i might be a little off on that).

Obviously,  "management knows more than us". LoL

Our owner (and yes the team is his toy, so he can break it if he chooses) needs to keep his snout out of the hockey decisions.  I sure hope to see the big Russian Bear over here before this season ends.  Although, why would management give the fans want we want?  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Our owner (and yes the team is his toy, so he can break it if he chooses) needs to keep his snout out of the hockey decisions.  I sure hope to see the big Russian Bear over here before this season ends.  Although, why would management give the fans want we want?  

Yes, i too would love to see Mr. T over here before season end,.  As well as other D prospects we have, including the latest pick up of Philip Larsen.

hope Tryamkin can at least travel with the Nucks and get some needed medical advise for that injury he has been playing with.

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

:picard: Our proven number 2/3 is somehow a number 5.... You know that there are players that are top 4 defenceman that dont produce much offence right

Edited by Gstank29

1 hour ago, Gstank29 said:

:picard: Our proven number 2/3 is somehow a number 5.... You know that there are players that are top 4 defenceman that dont produce much offence right

You said it there Gstank.. " Our proven number 2/3"  ..   Anywhere else he would be demote to HAVE to play better... Oh hey, just saw Hamhuis deflect one in on his own net.. Not the first time this year is it?   

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

You said it there Gstank.. " Our proven number 2/3"  ..   Anywhere else he would be demote to HAVE to play better... Oh hey, just saw Hamhuis deflect one in on his own net.. Not the first time this year is it?   

Did I metion Hamhuis? No

He would be a number 3/4 on any team in the league. There is no way you can justify Tanev as a 5 (which is basically what Sbisa is)

3 hours ago, J.R. said:

Edler's a decent all-around # 2 lacking a first pair (and preferably #1 or at least more dominant #2) partner. (He'd be a good 2B to a better 2A...or #1)

Therein lies the problem with our D. One 1st pair calibre D, some 3/4 guys one of whom is trending down with age and mercifully Hutton and then some bottom pair/borderline NHL'ers.

Our top 4, top 2 in particular, is laughable with nothing notable behind it to back it up.

Wow according to that evaluation it sounds like it should be all sunshine and rainbows if that's actually what our D-corps looks like. In reality however defense has been this teams achilles' heel for 2 seasons. What gives?

I gave my opinion of our D earlier,.  I said I beleive Tanev to be a 5th D..  5th D in the term that yes, he could play the 2nd D line,. But more appropriate for him to play on the 3rd,.  Positioned to play on the 1st or 2nd if injuries there occur,. That way the disruption is minimal.. I haven't looked, . But I doubt if his stats are any better than Sbisa's..  And Sbisa can play a physical game, Tanev can not, and lacks it being powered off the puck in his own corners.. It's a weakness that is exploited often.That, besides the fact he has plateaued and rarely shoots, has my opinion of him as a 5th.  

You say 3/4??

You said to me:    "Your evalulation of players is so off its funny".   Wow big difference Gstank.

You quoted that to me after I had said Hamhuis's play has diminished since his ballsy effort to hip check Lucic into the bench in the SCup Final.  Hamhuis has become more apprehensive in his game since then,. Plays a deep defensive crease position always, rarely battles in corners.. Any easy, off comparison is the play of Biegga,.  Hamhuis used to play a great no gap game like Biegga.. Now Hamhuis plays to avoid injury, is apprehensive and is usually part of the crowd problem in the crease area.   .. And hey, he deflects another goal into his own net.

I will stick to my opinion,.  Until Tanev shows more, or is traded for the proper upgrade in the dependable 3/4 position.

Edited by SilentSam
Spell