The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I don't get why there are so many detractors on Tryamkin getting resigned. He's a free asset.  He wants to play here. He checks what we need as a physical presence we SO desperately need.  We keep signing bottom feeder UFAs that don't pan out. Our defense looks like a tire fire against bigger teams in our zone. Especially when their tired in the second game of BTB games. Our defense looks pathetic getting the crease cleared or getting the the puck out our zone. I think most of this negative  rhetoric is being made up by anti Canuck journalism.  Teams that would pile over each other to get his rights. If I'm a Toronto fan of course I'd fuel that narrative.  If offered I'm sure JB would be, and has been offered a substantial amount  to acquire Tryamkin's rights. Bashing a 3rd round free asset because of where he's from? Some fans swallowing that tripe is mind boggling. 

• Cheers 4

On 6/2/2020 at 7:16 PM, wildcam said:

Woo is only 20 years old so he will need 2-3 yrs..

Rafferty  - could fill # 5 D position if Stetcher is traded.... Stetcher RFA will demand 4 yrs X 2.8 million.....Rafferty NHL salary is 750,000

Rathbone -  will be a top 4 D man but is still in college and has not decided if he will sign pro contract....Rathbone might need 25-35 games in Utica but transition should be fast..

Tryamkin 6'8, 27 -  He has to prove himself and we need to sign him to a friendly contract 2 yrs X 1.5----1.8 million show me deal..

Juolevi 6'3, 22 - Injuries have slowed his development..Only player 18 games last season 13 points...  This season GP 45 -- PTS 25  Juolevi missed another 13 games with knee acting up in early November missing some games but finished off okay.. I See Juolevi playing in NHL within 15 months, # 4 D man..

ehhhhhhh..  Tryamkin is 25 .. 26 at the end of August.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I don't get why there are so many detractors on Tryamkin getting resigned. He's a free asset.  He wants to play here. He checks what we need as a physical presence we SO desperately need.  We keep signing bottom feeder UFAs that don't pan out. Our defense looks like a tire fire against bigger teams in our zone. Especially when their tired in the second game of BTB games. Our defense looks pathetic getting the crease cleared or getting the the puck out our zone. I think most of this negative  rhetoric is being made up by anti Canuck journalism.  Teams that would pile over each other to get his rights. If I'm a Toronto fan of course I'd fuel that narrative.  If offered I'm sure JB would be, and has been offered a substantial amount  to acquire Tryamkin's rights. Bashing a 3rd round free asset because of where he's from? Some fans swallowing that tripe is mind boggling. 

I just think he's a goof for walking away from the NHL when he did. If he turns into something still then great but as a athletic competitor I'm not that enthused regarding that choice.

14 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I just think he's a goof for walking away from the NHL when he did. If he turns into something still then great but as a athletic competitor I'm not that enthused regarding that choice.

who else can we get to do what he can, clearing the crease and hitting, for free on the cheap?

Edited by Hairy Kneel

I think JB could get a reasonable contract out of Diamond. By his social media Tryamkin has a definite connection and affinity here, plus Diamond has to understand there is a Covid 19 factor in our cap.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

I'm not sure ... I think it's still a big mystery as to what he will bring. Is he interested in signing for cheap, like 1-2 mil?

I think he'll get 3 mil/season.  Just what I think he'll command. 

8 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I think he'll get 3 mil/season.  Just what I think he'll command. 

Not a chance IMO. Maybe on a 6 year deal :lol: but 1-2 years (which is FAR more likely IMO) he's looking at $1.5-$2.5 IMO.

Edited by aGENT

19 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Not a chance IMO. Maybe on a 6 year deal :lol: but 1-2 years (which is FAR more likely IMO) he's looking at $1.5-$2.5 IMO.

Even that seems high.   What if he doesn't fit in or is unhappy - the team has changed and there's no guarantee that he'll perform under Green.  With the salary cap being tight I wouldn't offer more than 1.075M - the amount that can be buried in the AHL.  

Also the KHL just introduced a salary cap and players have to take paycuts.  The highest earner is Shipachyov at 1.75M.  3rd is Andrighetto at ~1.3M.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Even that seems high.   What if he doesn't fit in or is unhappy - the team has changed and there's no guarantee that he'll perform under Green.  With the salary cap being tight I wouldn't offer more than 1.075M - the amount that can be buried in the AHL.  

Also the KHL just introduced a salary cap and players have to take paycuts.  The highest earner is Shipachyov at 1.75M.  3rd is Andrighetto at ~1.3M.  

All fair points. Either way, there's like zero chance he's getting $3m or anything near it IMO.

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

All fair points. Either way, there's like zero chance he's getting $3m or anything near it IMO.

Why are comparisons being made to the “Cap” in the KHL?

This upcoming season’s Cap of 900 million rubles ( 13m usd)  was a decision made to implement before Christmas.

It’s the rough estimate money that has previously been paid out to players by teams over the years already.

Its being implemented to stop the back pocket payouts and create an even surface for the KHL to survive..  its also in place so that the KHL can talk with the NHL about having the same contractual agreements it has with other Euro leagues.

Tryamkin will make what is fair value to his game in the NHL.

This nattering over a million dollar difference on a prospect to us is ridiculous..    let’s look at the other end of the scale and where the money problem exists..

Eriksson Edler Bartschi Luongo..   this list goes on..    especially if you want to talk about WHAT a player is worth. 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Why are comparisons being made to the “Cap” in the KHL?

Ummm... because the player is able to decide where to sign and how much money he could make in each league is relevant to that decision?

Not sure how that is difficult to process.  There is also a false narrative that he could make the same or more in the KHL

He is probably in line for a $500-600k salary in the KHL, so anything we offer even with escrow and taxes is going to be more.

No one knows what a fair NHL contract will be since we don’t know how they are going to deal with the cap.  Signing a 1 year NHL deal between 1-2 million also puts him in line for a raise if he shows he can play.

The comment about a million dollars not meaning anything is just silly.  Overpaying players by a million is how you get into cap trouble.  His contract has nothing to do with other dead cap on the. Poke and you don’t pay him more because of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Off Tryamkin topic, but KHL cap is so funny, Putins favorite teams ST Petersburg SKA and Moscow CSKA dont really have a Cap or it’s not enforced , but all the other teams do have to obey cap restrictions. I could be wrong tho.

back to Tryamkin posts, vintage C set a trap with his Kings Nikita post. Watch out for Vintage C he does have a sense of humor. + to VC.  I myself almost fell for his trap.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Provost said:

Ummm... because the player is able to decide where to sign and how much money he could make in each league is relevant to that decision?

Not sure how that is difficult to process.  There is also a false narrative that he could make the same or more in the KHL

He is probably in line for a $500-600k salary in the KHL, so anything we offer even with escrow and taxes is going to be more.

No one knows what a fair NHL contract will be since we don’t know how they are going to deal with the cap.  Signing a 1 year NHL deal between 1-2 million also puts him in line for a raise if he shows he can play.

The comment about a million dollars not meaning anything is just silly.  Overpaying players by a million is how you get into cap trouble.  His contract has nothing to do with other dead cap on the. Poke and you don’t pay him more because of it.

..  and previously being offered 2m for 2 yrs by Benning with the Canucks is irrelevant then?

Edited by SilentSam

10 hours ago, Provost said:

Sure ,  Tryamkin should by all means be adjusting his next contract because of how Eriksson, Luongo, and Bartschi have panned out.

A short term contract with this player is going to have us paying far more for his services in a year than 3 mil.

BTW.  He was making 750 - 900 usd in the KHL on his previous 3 year.

Edited by SilentSam

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Sure ,  Tryamkin should by all means be adjusting his next contract because of how Eriksson, Luongo, and Bartschi have panned out.

A short term contract with this player is going to have us paying far more for his services in a year than 3 mil.

Yes. And after taxes, that 750 - 900 was the equivalent of 1.4 - 1.7M here. And since he was offered 2M per year several years ago, of course paying him 1M per year now would be totally reasonable.

Since, as everybody knows, due to natural deterioration in skill levels from aging, 26 year old defensemen are  typically worth about half of what they were worth as 21 year olds, right? (Sarcasm)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SilentSam said:

No. Tryamkin should not be getting overpaid for his next contract just because Eriksson and Baertschi are getting overpaid... which was your argument.  

"This nattering over a million dollar difference on a prospect to us is ridiculous..    let’s look at the other end of the scale and where the money problem exists..

Eriksson Edler Bartschi Luongo"

I am aware of what he was earning on his last contract.  He won't be earning that on his next one with the KHL cap unless he is one of the top salaries in the KHL where on;y 20 guys are making more than a million dollars.

I want Tryamkin to sign, but we legitimately don't know if he can play in this league at all.  He showed potential but wasn't very good in his last go around.  The league has pushed out most of the big D since then in favour of smaller and faster guys, and he since has also played in a low tempo league that isn't comparable to the NHL.  He didn't increase his value by leaving.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Provost said:

No. Tryamkin should not be getting overpaid for his next contract just because Eriksson and Baertschi are getting overpaid... which was your argument.  

"This nattering over a million dollar difference on a prospect to us is ridiculous..    let’s look at the other end of the scale and where the money problem exists..

Eriksson Edler Bartschi Luongo"

I am aware of what he was earning on his last contract.  He won't be earning that on his next one with the KHL cap unless he is one of the top salaries in the KHL where on;y 20 guys are making more than a million dollars.

I want Tryamkin to sign, but we legitimately don't know if he can play in this league at all.  He showed potential but wasn't very good in his last go around.  The league has pushed out most of the big D since then in favour of smaller and faster guys, and he since has also played in a low tempo league that isn't comparable to the NHL.  He didn't increase his value by leaving.

Nice twist Provost..  my intent there was to say that you are expecting Tryamkin to compensate for money being thrown away elsewhere.

I will leave you with your opinion on D men size,.  I hope you see a team in playoff contention full of rug rats one day,.  Perhaps then you will see the value of strength on a Defence with size that dosent wear down.

ps. I know you haven’t watched Tryamkin play over the past 3 years,.  

I’ll leave you with the analytic department.

9B7E8470-0C98-4FC5-857C-AFB30874A8F8.jpeg

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yes. And after taxes, that 750 - 900 was the equivalent of 1.4 - 1.7M here. And since he was offered 2M per year several years ago, of course paying him 1M per year now would be totally reasonable.

Since, as everybody knows, due to natural deterioration in skill levels from aging, 26 year old defensemen are  typically worth about half of what they were worth as 21 year olds, right? (Sarcasm)

26 Tryamkin is over the hill be lucky to get league min. 

• Haha 2
  • Wat 2