The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 minute ago, hammertime said:

26 Tryamkin is over the hill be lucky to get league min. 

Yes, a 26 year old Dman is obviously over the hill. That is probably why the highest paid Dmen are the 20 year olds, and why most Dmen retire by the time they are 25. That is the way it works, right?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I hope Tryamkin is scouting Minnesota tapes.

Hairy watching the virus levels start to rise again in the U.S.  ..   I still think it’s better to write off this season and concentrate on the next.

• Wat 1

16 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Hairy watching the virus levels start to rise again in the U.S.  ..   I still think it’s better to write off this season and concentrate on the next.

Next season won't start before December or even January regardless of whether they finish this season or not.  It's not viable for the league to operate without fans in the stands and they hope by delaying the start to next season there will be a better chance at normalcy.

They project to lose 1 billion if this season isn't completed - it's a 5 billion dollar league.  They estimate they can get back 300M to 500M if they play those games.  It's still a considerable loss.  Players are sharing the losses through the 50/50 split of hockey related revenue.

Edited by mll

16 hours ago, mll said:

Next season won't start before December or even January regardless of whether they finish this season or not.  It's not viable for the league to operate without fans in the stands and they hope by delaying the start to next season there will be a better chance at normalcy.

They project to lose 1 billion if this season isn't completed - it's a 5 billion dollar league.  They estimate they can get back 300M to 500M if they play those games.  It's still a considerable loss.  Players are sharing the losses through the 50/50 split of hockey related revenue.

Poor ole billionaires.  What will they do??!!

• Huggy Bear 1

16 hours ago, mll said:

Everybody is losing.

trying to fight this pandemic by not respecting it could turn out to be something more than we could imagine.

If they are a few months away from a vaccine we should wait.  
Not respecting this virus for what it has done already will allow it to evolve.
Band aid safety isn’t the answer.

Viruses mutate.   

• Cheers 3

12 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Poor ole billionaires.  What will they do??!!

Players and owners are not the only ones affected but also all the behind the scenes workers - custodians, maintenance personnel, security staff etc.  Not all teams have made their hourly paid employees whole and several teams have cut back salaries, furloughed or even fired employees. 

Businesses beyond just hockey are also affected - hotels, food suppliers, broadcasters, media.  

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Everybody is losing.

trying to fight this pandemic by not respecting it could turn out to be something more than we could imagine.

If they are a few months away from a vaccine we should wait.  
Not respecting this virus for what it has done already will allow it to evolve.
Band aid safety isn’t the answer.

Viruses mutate.   

They are probably not just a few months away from a vaccine.

Also quite a few players have already been skating despite the NHL's recommendation to self-isolate.  

Gaudette found a rink in NJD where he has been skating for a while now.  Vegas players have apparently been skating together for a couple of months already - lots of them stayed in town.  In Sweden rinks are open and gatherings of up to 50 people are allowed.  Players are scrimmaging, puck battles and all. 

Pettersson's brother is training with his team Vaxjo - there's no self distancing.  Pettersson is likely spending time with his brother or friends so there's a risk of cross-contamination. 

Boeser drove to South Dakota with a few friends to attend a pro training camp.  He also confirmed that he will be skating with other NHLers at one of Minnesota's suburban rinks.  Minnesota based players typically train together in the off-season and play in the Beauty League.  

The NHL's phase 2 approach is so restrictive while they have more freedom if they make up their own arrangements.  In fact most teams are not setting up ice for phase 2 until much later because they don't expect all that many players to show up.  

There's likely no testing in those settings and it puts them more at risk than playing under the NHL's bubble.  Some players are possibly in full self-isolation but not all.  There will be a full scale player vote on the return to play plan.  

Whether there is a vaccine or not, I would prefer they cancel the playoffs and get ready for next season. Its just crazy to think of Playoff games in August. I love hockey as much as anyone but they have had a season cancelled for a lock out, a pandemic in 1918, and a shortened season that ended on time. There is still a lot of risk to players, coaching and training staff, broadcasters, team employees for something that is not essential. Start the season on time, with the benefit of a few more months of understanding this a bit better.

How is everyone going to feel if we make it to the finals only to have 5 or 6 guys come down with the virus and we cant compete because of it, or even worse one of our young players gets really sick and perishes? That could be any team. I am in the safety first group on this.

If they do return, regardless of how or where I may tune in to see how we do but once the Canucks get knocked out i wont watch another game. Summer is for Baseball, golf, even CFL football. I would have a hard time watching St Louis play Tampa Bay in Late August. I can see the other side though.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 6/7/2020 at 1:12 AM, mll said:

They are probably not just a few months away from a vaccine.

Also quite a few players have already been skating despite the NHL's recommendation to self-isolate.  

Gaudette found a rink in NJD where he has been skating for a while now.  Vegas players have apparently been skating together for a couple of months already - lots of them stayed in town.  In Sweden rinks are open and gatherings of up to 50 people are allowed.  Players are scrimmaging, puck battles and all. 

Pettersson's brother is training with his team Vaxjo - there's no self distancing.  Pettersson is likely spending time with his brother or friends so there's a risk of cross-contamination. 

Boeser drove to South Dakota with a few friends to attend a pro training camp.  He also confirmed that he will be skating with other NHLers at one of Minnesota's suburban rinks.  Minnesota based players typically train together in the off-season and play in the Beauty League.  

The NHL's phase 2 approach is so restrictive while they have more freedom if they make up their own arrangements.  In fact most teams are not setting up ice for phase 2 until much later because they don't expect all that many players to show up.  

There's likely no testing in those settings and it puts them more at risk than playing under the NHL's bubble.  Some players are possibly in full self-isolation but not all.  There will be a full scale player vote on the return to play plan.  

... as the curve in the USA rises sports and entertainment, become essential Lol.

Millionaires need there money more than ever I guess.

its an F’d up world.

Will be ZombieLand in the States,.  Canada will have to build a wall .

Edited by SilentSam

50 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

... as the curve in the USA rises sports and entertainment, become essential Lol.

its an F’d up world.

Yes, and the 1st Zombie will appear just as the Liberals finish taking all the guns away.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

its an F’d up world.

So they can pay their employees.

Suspending a 5 billion dollar league doesn't only impact owners and players.  Suspending a league means a lot of people are left without a source of revenue and are filing for unemployment.  With less income it also impacts tax revenue for the government which then affects the general population.

Teams don't need their arena workers.  Montreal laid off the staff that makes the ice for example.  Media is laying off their sports reporters.  Even the Canucks cut back staff salary.

Some millionaires are asset rich but not necessarily cash rich.  When their businesses lose money they often end up cutting staff.  Players/owners for the most part can do without the league resuming - not sure all the other employees and businesses affected can.

On 6/7/2020 at 7:14 PM, mikeyman109 said:

Whether there is a vaccine or not, I would prefer they cancel the playoffs and get ready for next season. Its just crazy to think of Playoff games in August. I love hockey as much as anyone but they have had a season cancelled for a lock out, a pandemic in 1918, and a shortened season that ended on time. There is still a lot of risk to players, coaching and training staff, broadcasters, team employees for something that is not essential. Start the season on time, with the benefit of a few more months of understanding this a bit better.

How is everyone going to feel if we make it to the finals only to have 5 or 6 guys come down with the virus and we cant compete because of it, or even worse one of our young players gets really sick and perishes? That could be any team. I am in the safety first group on this.

If they do return, regardless of how or where I may tune in to see how we do but once the Canucks get knocked out i wont watch another game. Summer is for Baseball, golf, even CFL football. I would have a hard time watching St Louis play Tampa Bay in Late August. I can see the other side though.

Whether they finish this season or not, next season won't start any earlier.  They are talking of January.  Some owners are against playing until they can have fans in the stands - it's not viable.   

Completing this season is about TV revenue - networks aren't going to pay the same amount for a truncated season and penalties are apparently pretty severe.  They make their money during the playoffs.

Doubt any of the rinks / practice facilities that players are currently using to train are spending that much on sanitisation or have such rigorous protocols as the NHL's.  Also doubt any of the players or the recreational skaters they are sharing the facilities with are getting tested.   The NHLs bubble is probably going to be safer than what players that are already skating are doing now.

All players will vote on the return to play proposal so maybe hockey won't return.  

Training camp hasn't even started.  Tampa-St Louis would likely be in November.   They have no intention to start next season before late December or even January.  Bettman suggested that next season could start with the Winter Classic.

Fwiw there are some discussions about adjusting the hockey season going forward - not just next season but ongoing.  In October there is competition with so many other major sports and revenue is a fair bit lower than the late winter months and spring.  The networks have apparently told the league that it would increase the ratings if their season were to start later.  February to August is apparently when there is the least competition.  

The league is set to lose so much money given the pandemic and pushing back the season might be a way to recoup part of their losses.  They have to negotiate a new TV deal in the US for 2021/22 and reconsidering the hockey season might be part of it.

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, mll said:

So they can pay their employees.

Suspending a 5 billion dollar league doesn't only impact owners and players.  Suspending a league means a lot of people are left without a source of revenue and are filing for unemployment.  With less income it also impacts tax revenue for the government which then affects the general population.

Teams don't need their arena workers.  Montreal laid off the staff that makes the ice for example.  Media is laying off their sports reporters.  Even the Canucks cut back staff salary.

Some millionaires are asset rich but not necessarily cash rich.  When their businesses lose money they often end up cutting staff.  Players/owners for the most part can do without the league resuming - not sure all the other employees and businesses affected can.

We are all affected by this mil, I’ve been off since Mar. 14.

My industry is somewhat border dependant.

Film and Television directly provided 3.5 billion  dollars to BC in tax revenue im 2018 alone.. 

Our industry, abroad and national has taken the stance of the great good through this time and isn’t pushing speculation of “its over” or “its safe” because we care.

my production and others changed protocols In early February before any other industries did.

Some people just do not know the lethality of a Virus,.  how it can change, who and how it reacts with differently genetically..

im cringing today watching how everyone seems to be acting liked nothing has happened.  .  When actually it still is.

I don’t live on my credit..  and I don’t feel sorry for those that do.. or the ones that feel they need to hug or shake hands with the same co workers every day.

People need to take this time to educate themselves, learn things to do with their hands,.  Change a tire ffs..  instead of You Tubing how to do it.

This “ Seven Eleven Society” is the weakness to all.

my rant of the day..  I feel better now :frantic:

200.gif

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

BC with zero Covid related death in the past three days. Not sure if  we are the first location out of the suggested cities to have achieved that milestone. 

The States are going to be a mess in a month.

Look at Nikita Zadorov.  He played about the same number of games as Tryamkin when he signed his second contract which paid him out 4.3 mil/2 years.  Zadorov was also younger when he signed it (players get more expensive with age, especially in the 20s). 

On 6/5/2020 at 2:38 PM, SilentSam said:

Yeah, if social distancing ever worked the riots put an end to that.

• Cheers 1