The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

19 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Not a chance IMO. Maybe on a 6 year deal :lol: but 1-2 years (which is FAR more likely IMO) he's looking at $1.5-$2.5 IMO.

Even that seems high.   What if he doesn't fit in or is unhappy - the team has changed and there's no guarantee that he'll perform under Green.  With the salary cap being tight I wouldn't offer more than 1.075M - the amount that can be buried in the AHL.  

Also the KHL just introduced a salary cap and players have to take paycuts.  The highest earner is Shipachyov at 1.75M.  3rd is Andrighetto at ~1.3M.  

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
3 minutes ago, mll said:

Even that seems high.   What if he doesn't fit in or is unhappy - the team has changed and there's no guarantee that he'll perform under Green.  With the salary cap being tight I wouldn't offer more than 1.075M - the amount that can be buried in the AHL.  

Also the KHL just introduced a salary cap and players have to take paycuts.  The highest earner is Shipachyov at 1.75M.  3rd is Andrighetto at ~1.3M.  

All fair points. Either way, there's like zero chance he's getting $3m or anything near it IMO.

3 hours ago, aGENT said:

All fair points. Either way, there's like zero chance he's getting $3m or anything near it IMO.

Why are comparisons being made to the “Cap” in the KHL?

This upcoming season’s Cap of 900 million rubles ( 13m usd)  was a decision made to implement before Christmas.

It’s the rough estimate money that has previously been paid out to players by teams over the years already.

Its being implemented to stop the back pocket payouts and create an even surface for the KHL to survive..  its also in place so that the KHL can talk with the NHL about having the same contractual agreements it has with other Euro leagues.

Tryamkin will make what is fair value to his game in the NHL.

This nattering over a million dollar difference on a prospect to us is ridiculous..    let’s look at the other end of the scale and where the money problem exists..

Eriksson Edler Bartschi Luongo..   this list goes on..    especially if you want to talk about WHAT a player is worth. 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Why are comparisons being made to the “Cap” in the KHL?

Ummm... because the player is able to decide where to sign and how much money he could make in each league is relevant to that decision?

Not sure how that is difficult to process.  There is also a false narrative that he could make the same or more in the KHL

He is probably in line for a $500-600k salary in the KHL, so anything we offer even with escrow and taxes is going to be more.

No one knows what a fair NHL contract will be since we don’t know how they are going to deal with the cap.  Signing a 1 year NHL deal between 1-2 million also puts him in line for a raise if he shows he can play.

The comment about a million dollars not meaning anything is just silly.  Overpaying players by a million is how you get into cap trouble.  His contract has nothing to do with other dead cap on the. Poke and you don’t pay him more because of it.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

Off Tryamkin topic, but KHL cap is so funny, Putins favorite teams ST Petersburg SKA and Moscow CSKA dont really have a Cap or it’s not enforced , but all the other teams do have to obey cap restrictions. I could be wrong tho.

back to Tryamkin posts, vintage C set a trap with his Kings Nikita post. Watch out for Vintage C he does have a sense of humor. + to VC.  I myself almost fell for his trap.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, Provost said:

Ummm... because the player is able to decide where to sign and how much money he could make in each league is relevant to that decision?

Not sure how that is difficult to process.  There is also a false narrative that he could make the same or more in the KHL

He is probably in line for a $500-600k salary in the KHL, so anything we offer even with escrow and taxes is going to be more.

No one knows what a fair NHL contract will be since we don’t know how they are going to deal with the cap.  Signing a 1 year NHL deal between 1-2 million also puts him in line for a raise if he shows he can play.

The comment about a million dollars not meaning anything is just silly.  Overpaying players by a million is how you get into cap trouble.  His contract has nothing to do with other dead cap on the. Poke and you don’t pay him more because of it.

..  and previously being offered 2m for 2 yrs by Benning with the Canucks is irrelevant then?

Edited by SilentSam
10 hours ago, Provost said:

Sure ,  Tryamkin should by all means be adjusting his next contract because of how Eriksson, Luongo, and Bartschi have panned out.

A short term contract with this player is going to have us paying far more for his services in a year than 3 mil.

BTW.  He was making 750 - 900 usd in the KHL on his previous 3 year.

Edited by SilentSam
6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Sure ,  Tryamkin should by all means be adjusting his next contract because of how Eriksson, Luongo, and Bartschi have panned out.

A short term contract with this player is going to have us paying far more for his services in a year than 3 mil.

Yes. And after taxes, that 750 - 900 was the equivalent of 1.4 - 1.7M here. And since he was offered 2M per year several years ago, of course paying him 1M per year now would be totally reasonable.

Since, as everybody knows, due to natural deterioration in skill levels from aging, 26 year old defensemen are  typically worth about half of what they were worth as 21 year olds, right? (Sarcasm)

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, SilentSam said:

No. Tryamkin should not be getting overpaid for his next contract just because Eriksson and Baertschi are getting overpaid... which was your argument.  

"This nattering over a million dollar difference on a prospect to us is ridiculous..    let’s look at the other end of the scale and where the money problem exists..

Eriksson Edler Bartschi Luongo"

I am aware of what he was earning on his last contract.  He won't be earning that on his next one with the KHL cap unless he is one of the top salaries in the KHL where on;y 20 guys are making more than a million dollars.

I want Tryamkin to sign, but we legitimately don't know if he can play in this league at all.  He showed potential but wasn't very good in his last go around.  The league has pushed out most of the big D since then in favour of smaller and faster guys, and he since has also played in a low tempo league that isn't comparable to the NHL.  He didn't increase his value by leaving.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Provost said:

No. Tryamkin should not be getting overpaid for his next contract just because Eriksson and Baertschi are getting overpaid... which was your argument.  

"This nattering over a million dollar difference on a prospect to us is ridiculous..    let’s look at the other end of the scale and where the money problem exists..

Eriksson Edler Bartschi Luongo"

I am aware of what he was earning on his last contract.  He won't be earning that on his next one with the KHL cap unless he is one of the top salaries in the KHL where on;y 20 guys are making more than a million dollars.

I want Tryamkin to sign, but we legitimately don't know if he can play in this league at all.  He showed potential but wasn't very good in his last go around.  The league has pushed out most of the big D since then in favour of smaller and faster guys, and he since has also played in a low tempo league that isn't comparable to the NHL.  He didn't increase his value by leaving.

Nice twist Provost..  my intent there was to say that you are expecting Tryamkin to compensate for money being thrown away elsewhere.

I will leave you with your opinion on D men size,.  I hope you see a team in playoff contention full of rug rats one day,.  Perhaps then you will see the value of strength on a Defence with size that dosent wear down.

ps. I know you haven’t watched Tryamkin play over the past 3 years,.  

I’ll leave you with the analytic department.

9B7E8470-0C98-4FC5-857C-AFB30874A8F8.jpeg

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yes. And after taxes, that 750 - 900 was the equivalent of 1.4 - 1.7M here. And since he was offered 2M per year several years ago, of course paying him 1M per year now would be totally reasonable.

Since, as everybody knows, due to natural deterioration in skill levels from aging, 26 year old defensemen are  typically worth about half of what they were worth as 21 year olds, right? (Sarcasm)

26 Tryamkin is over the hill be lucky to get league min. 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, hammertime said:

26 Tryamkin is over the hill be lucky to get league min. 

Yes, a 26 year old Dman is obviously over the hill. That is probably why the highest paid Dmen are the 20 year olds, and why most Dmen retire by the time they are 25. That is the way it works, right?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I hope Tryamkin is scouting Minnesota tapes.

Hairy watching the virus levels start to rise again in the U.S.  ..   I still think it’s better to write off this season and concentrate on the next.

16 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Hairy watching the virus levels start to rise again in the U.S.  ..   I still think it’s better to write off this season and concentrate on the next.

Next season won't start before December or even January regardless of whether they finish this season or not.  It's not viable for the league to operate without fans in the stands and they hope by delaying the start to next season there will be a better chance at normalcy.

They project to lose 1 billion if this season isn't completed - it's a 5 billion dollar league.  They estimate they can get back 300M to 500M if they play those games.  It's still a considerable loss.  Players are sharing the losses through the 50/50 split of hockey related revenue.

Edited by mll
16 hours ago, mll said:

Next season won't start before December or even January regardless of whether they finish this season or not.  It's not viable for the league to operate without fans in the stands and they hope by delaying the start to next season there will be a better chance at normalcy.

They project to lose 1 billion if this season isn't completed - it's a 5 billion dollar league.  They estimate they can get back 300M to 500M if they play those games.  It's still a considerable loss.  Players are sharing the losses through the 50/50 split of hockey related revenue.

Poor ole billionaires.  What will they do??!!

• Huggy Bear 1
16 hours ago, mll said:

Everybody is losing.

trying to fight this pandemic by not respecting it could turn out to be something more than we could imagine.

If they are a few months away from a vaccine we should wait.  
Not respecting this virus for what it has done already will allow it to evolve.
Band aid safety isn’t the answer.

Viruses mutate.   

• Hydration 3
12 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Poor ole billionaires.  What will they do??!!

Players and owners are not the only ones affected but also all the behind the scenes workers - custodians, maintenance personnel, security staff etc.  Not all teams have made their hourly paid employees whole and several teams have cut back salaries, furloughed or even fired employees. 

Businesses beyond just hockey are also affected - hotels, food suppliers, broadcasters, media.  

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Everybody is losing.

trying to fight this pandemic by not respecting it could turn out to be something more than we could imagine.

If they are a few months away from a vaccine we should wait.  
Not respecting this virus for what it has done already will allow it to evolve.
Band aid safety isn’t the answer.

Viruses mutate.   

They are probably not just a few months away from a vaccine.

Also quite a few players have already been skating despite the NHL's recommendation to self-isolate.  

Gaudette found a rink in NJD where he has been skating for a while now.  Vegas players have apparently been skating together for a couple of months already - lots of them stayed in town.  In Sweden rinks are open and gatherings of up to 50 people are allowed.  Players are scrimmaging, puck battles and all. 

Pettersson's brother is training with his team Vaxjo - there's no self distancing.  Pettersson is likely spending time with his brother or friends so there's a risk of cross-contamination. 

Boeser drove to South Dakota with a few friends to attend a pro training camp.  He also confirmed that he will be skating with other NHLers at one of Minnesota's suburban rinks.  Minnesota based players typically train together in the off-season and play in the Beauty League.  

The NHL's phase 2 approach is so restrictive while they have more freedom if they make up their own arrangements.  In fact most teams are not setting up ice for phase 2 until much later because they don't expect all that many players to show up.  

There's likely no testing in those settings and it puts them more at risk than playing under the NHL's bubble.  Some players are possibly in full self-isolation but not all.  There will be a full scale player vote on the return to play plan.  

Whether there is a vaccine or not, I would prefer they cancel the playoffs and get ready for next season. Its just crazy to think of Playoff games in August. I love hockey as much as anyone but they have had a season cancelled for a lock out, a pandemic in 1918, and a shortened season that ended on time. There is still a lot of risk to players, coaching and training staff, broadcasters, team employees for something that is not essential. Start the season on time, with the benefit of a few more months of understanding this a bit better.

How is everyone going to feel if we make it to the finals only to have 5 or 6 guys come down with the virus and we cant compete because of it, or even worse one of our young players gets really sick and perishes? That could be any team. I am in the safety first group on this.

If they do return, regardless of how or where I may tune in to see how we do but once the Canucks get knocked out i wont watch another game. Summer is for Baseball, golf, even CFL football. I would have a hard time watching St Louis play Tampa Bay in Late August. I can see the other side though.

• Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Huggy Bear 1