The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

14 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Calling it right now..they're making a mistake.

Lock this kid in, if you can.

3-5 yrs, at 2.75 to 3 mill. Do it.

I agree, but I understand Tryamkin's thinking.

Sign him on a 1 year deal. You dont want a guy thats uncomfortable, stressed and out of place. If his wife unhappy his play will suffer.

Let them come over and get accustomed to our beautiful province. They wont want to change teams if they have just gotten used to Vancouver and North America as a whole

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Look at Nikita Zadorov.  He played about the same number of games as Tryamkin when he signed his second contract which paid him out 4.3 mil/2 years.  Zadorov was also younger when he signed it (players get more expensive with age, especially in the 20s). 

There's a point when they haven't negatively affected their potential that they can still get a good increase. As they get past their mid-twenties then they start to get paid based more on NHL performance vs potential. And of course this current situation is not normal, so there's that.

14 hours ago, qwijibo said:

That sounds way more plausible than some of the silly suggestions/speculation here about both those players. No way Tram would sign a $1M contract, nor can I imagine him agreeing to a long term contract for $2 - 3M/year. Nor would Tanev, at this point in his career, sign a one year deal.

• Cheers 2

What if the players union and owners organized a reduction in pay for one season? The top 50% of higher paid players take a 10-20 wage cut for one season till we get over covid losses.

Sign all our bottom players at covid rates. Till revenues are figured out.

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2020 at 6:17 PM, D-Money said:

Absolute no to Tanev on a multi-year deal. Unless it's at one hell of a discount.

...YEAH...why would you want to keep your best defensive D man that just had a great season playing with Hughes.....

lol

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

...YEAH...why would you want to keep your best defensive D man that just had a great season playing with Hughes.....

lol

To be fair, Tanev is on the wrong side of 30 and has only played 70 games in a season once.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

55 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

lol

1) Always injured

2) Aging

3) His numbers away from Hughes were not good

I'd argue that almost any D-man would have had a great season playing with Hughes. He's the most talented offensive blue-liner in the history of the franchise. We may even get veteran RHDs lining up for cheap 1-year deals to play with him and boost their stats.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

lol

Anybody including Peter Puck would have a great season playing with Hughes,.  except you.  :towel:

Edited by SilentSam

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If we get rid of Tanev we need to replace him. Otherwise we are gonna be worse off next year.

So either we trade Boeser/Virtanen for a top 4 RD or sign one in UFA.

Boeser for Ristolienen and a 2nd.

or 

Boeser for a First round pick..

and then Tanev and Boesers cap hit serves purpose to Toffoli and Petriangelo.

23 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

or 

I’m a little confused by your valuations.  A 1st for Boeser seems realistic (not top 10, but beyond that, definitely ). But a big young 40 point top 2/3 D plus a high 2nd seems like a massive overpay by Buffalo.  I’d think even straight up would be a stretch considering how much teams value D compared to wingers 

18 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

or 

Would be putting faith in youngsters to succeed. I am not opposed to trading Boeser/Virtanen for a D when one of the youngsters prove ready but perhaps we won't have that luxury. I do really like Risto

Peaches would be a pipe dream. My pipe dream would be to get two compliance buyouts, use them on Eriksson and Myers, sign Peaches, Tofu, and Tanman. 

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

or 

As long as Toffoli is resigned then:

Boeser + Stecher rights

for

Savard + J Anderson rights

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

You must really value Savard and Anderson or don't value Boeser that much.

I value them all, but Savard is a slightly younger, cheaper, bigger, grittier and more offensive version of Tanev, with playoff experience.

Anderson is built for the playoffs (6'3", 220lb), good friend of Horvat's and would be a great addition on Horvat's line. He is RFA earning $1.85m currently, has had a down year so will be able to be signed for low $, I am not concerned about the down year, he has serious skills and is gritty AF.

I don't want to lose Boeser, but I would do it for those two guys and only if Toffoli is resigned because I feel that Toffoli can fill the role that Boeser plays on the Canucks top line.

Miller Pettersson Toffoli

Pearson Horvat Anderson

Virtanen Gaudette MacEwen

Roussel Beagle Motte

Sutter

Hughes Savard

Edler Myers

Benn Tryamkin

Rafferty

Markstrom

Demko

Edited by BigTramFan
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

I value them all, but Savard is a slightly younger, cheaper, bigger, grittier and more offensive version of Tanev, with playoff experience.

Anderson is built for the playoffs (6'3", 220lb), good friend of Horvat's and would be a great addition on Horvat's line. He is RFA earning $1.85m currently, has had a down year so will be able to be signed for low $, I am not concerned about the down year, he has serious skills and is gritty AF.

I don't want to lose Boeser, but I would do it for those two guys and only if Toffoli is resigned because I feel that Toffoli can fill the role that Boeser plays on the Canucks top line.

Pearson Horvat Anderson

Roussel Beagle Motte

Sutter

Hughes Savard

Edler Myers

Benn Tryamkin

Rafferty

Markstrom

Demko

Down year? Anderson sustained a major season ending injury and has had an injury plagued season. He had surgery back in March and the estimated recovery was 4-6 months. We might want to stay clear of that. He's also 26. Savard is also a UFA in 2021, so we'd have him for a year, and is only a year younger than Tanev at 29. 

Personally I think we can do a lot better and younger considering we're giving up a core piece, we need to get a core piece back

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, BigTramFan said:

Pearson Horvat Anderson

Roussel Beagle Motte

Sutter

Hughes Savard

Edler Myers

Benn Tryamkin

Rafferty

Markstrom

Demko

Whoa..that's my kinda team! Interesting ideas man