The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

5 hours ago, BoKnows said:

That's to no fault of his own

At 4.5 per or more if he resigns , it would be nice to have someone with more playoff experience .

Hes not built to last playoff hockey, even in regular season he has been targeted in games to hit and upset the D balance of a game.

Something his accumulated injuries have done for years. Upset the balance.

Honestly a D man who has never registered more than 30 hits a season, usually well below that mark.

Its time to change that accumulative set back and part ways with this player.

He will do fine somewhere else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

At 4.5 per or more if he resigns , it would be nice to have someone with more playoff experience .

Hes not built to last playoff hockey, even in regular season he has been targeted in games to hit and upset the D balance of a game.

Something his accumulated injuries have done for years. Upset the balance.

Honestly a D man who has never registered more than 30 hits a season, usually well below that mark.

Its time to change that accumulative set back and part ways with this player.

He will do fine somewhere else.

I feel like his term and price tag would also not be favourable for us.  We don't need to pay a 35/36 year old Tanev $5.25M+

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, qwijibo said:

I’m a little confused by your valuations.  A 1st for Boeser seems realistic (not top 10, but beyond that, definitely ). But a big young 40 point top 2/3 D plus a high 2nd seems like a massive overpay by Buffalo.  I’d think even straight up would be a stretch considering how much teams value D compared to wingers 

Your right Q,.  But I do think Boeser may top Risto..  perhaps it’s a future interest?  
Buffalo makes the 2022 playoffs?

There is something a mess about Buffalo, I can not understand why there GM is still there.

Oreilly left a huge hole.

Botterhill might be feeling pressure next season to make playoffs ,.  I beleive they haven’t appeared for 7 years.

i see an opportunity.

12 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

As long as Toffoli is resigned then:

Boeser + Stecher rights

for

Savard + J Anderson rights

I’d do that for Josh Anderson alone.

beast.  
The other power forward I wouldn’t mind trying to pry from Dallas is the big Finnish player,  Roope Hintz.

moster hockey in his first playoff/ rookie season.

He and Petterson speak pickled herring ;)

49 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Your right Q,.  But I do think Boeser may top Risto..  perhaps it’s a future interest?  
Buffalo makes the 2022 playoffs?

There is something a mess about Buffalo, I can not understand why there GM is still there.

Oreilly left a huge hole.

Botterhill might be feeling pressure next season to make playoffs ,.  I beleive they haven’t appeared for 7 years.

i see an opportunity.

right now i think Risto has more value than Boes, JB would probably have to add

• Cheers 1

The latest news about the KHL season is that it is still going ahead as scheduled starting September.

Would Tryamkin really decide to not play for an extra 4 months in order to wait for an NHL contract?

It doesn’t really seem promising to

me at this point.

1 hour ago, Provost said:

The latest news about the KHL season is that it is still going ahead as scheduled starting September.

Would Tryamkin really decide to not play for an extra 4 months in order to wait for an NHL contract?

It doesn’t really seem promising to

me at this point.

Didn't the KHL and NHL work on a transfer agreement? Perhaps Tryamkin could sign a contract with an out clause for when the NHL is ready. Or he could sign here and start getting paid more than he would in the KHL to simply train and prepare for the start of the season. It's not like we are going to wait and sign him just before the season starts.

This doesn't seem like it would detrimental towards us signing him.

10 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Didn't the KHL and NHL work on a transfer agreement? Perhaps Tryamkin could sign a contract with an out clause for when the NHL is ready. Or he could sign here and start getting paid more than he would in the KHL to simply train and prepare for the start of the season. It's not like we are going to wait and sign him just before the season starts.

This doesn't seem like it would detrimental towards us signing him.

The KHL isn’t going to sign players with an option to leave just before their playoffs start.  If they did, it would be dozens of guys and not just Tryamkin and that would be too disruptive.

If he hasn’t signed before whatever the revised Dec 1st deadline will be, he wouldn’t be eligible to play in the NHL.

Not many players would bail on their team near the end of the season.

He doesn’t get paid to train, he wouldn’t be drawing a paycheque until the NHL season started.... IF it starts depending on a 2nd wave of virus and further closures.

The NHL doesn’t look like it will have it’s cap issues/escrow sorted out in the very near future.  His KHL team isn’t likely going to wait until their season is starting  before settling their roster, especially now that there are cap considerations for the first time.

3 hours ago, stawns said:

right now i think Risto has more value than Boes, JB would probably have to add

Yup.  D & Forwards of similiar ability (taking account of health of each player) - you're generally going to always find the D will hold more value than a F.  Might be different is said F was a Center.

28 minutes ago, Provost said:

The KHL isn’t going to sign players with an option to leave just before their playoffs start.  If they did, it would be dozens of guys and not just Tryamkin and that would be too disruptive.

If he hasn’t signed before whatever the revised Dec 1st deadline will be, he wouldn’t be eligible to play in the NHL.

Not many players would bail on their team near the end of the season.

He doesn’t get paid to train, he wouldn’t be drawing a paycheque until the NHL season started.... IF it starts depending on a 2nd wave of virus and further closures.

The NHL doesn’t look like it will have it’s cap issues/escrow sorted out in the very near future.  His KHL team isn’t likely going to wait until their season is starting  before settling their roster, especially now that there are cap considerations for the first time.

Yeah, it’s going to be interesting to see how patient Tryamkin can be. Hopefully he has become disillusioned enough by the KHL and Russia after being left off the Russian Olympic team and his role somewhat declining once it was established he wasn’t planning to extend his KHL contract. He has hopefully come to fully realize his future is the NHL and his patience in the coming weeks will ultimately pay off for him and for us.

• Cheers 1

If Benning and the NHL screw this thing up, I will be so mad.

Benning should sign Tryamkin to a 4 year contract at 3.25 Million per year and get it done

My view is he is at least a #4 Dman, and if he does not demand a NTC, he would be able to be moved

to a team like Boston or Washington, if he did not work out here....I do not see the risk

Certainly, no more risk than Eriksson, Beagle, Roussel or Myers have been

Remember that with escrow, the actual cap number is not the actual payday number, and is only a cap number , which is more a Team Cap Ceiling and floor calculation

To me, with Tryamkin being able to play both sides, he would be competing with Juolevi, Rathbone, Rafferty and Woo

It either makes him expendable or it makes one of them expendable...…………….

Is that something that should matter to us?

With Edler and Tanev being 30 ish…...something has to give with our young Dman………..that, or Benning and the Canucks are in a whole lot of trouble in 2 years

So Benning.....$hit or get off the pot!

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Benning should sign Tryamkin to a 4 year contract at 3.25 Million per year and get it done

My view is he is at least a #4 Dman, and if he does not demand a NTC, he would be able to be moved

to a team like Boston or Washington, if he did not work out here....I do not see the risk

Remember that with escrow, the actual cap number is not the actual payday number, and is only a cap number , which is more a Team Cap Ceiling and floor calculation

To me, with Tryamkin being able to play both sides, he would be competing with Juolevi, Rathbone, Rafferty and Woo

With Edler and Tanev being 30 ish…...something has to give with our young Dman………..that, or Benning and the Canucks are in a whole lot of trouble in 2 years

Why does he deserves a long term big money deal?   He has proven nothing.  

In fact, even you said he would be competing with a bunch of guys who haven’t even made the NHL yet.  

If Benn is overpaid as a 6-7, what would Tryamkin be at way more money and term?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I’m curious. What exactly do you think the NHL would go to “screw this up”?  This is between the Canucks and Tryamkin’s agent 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

I’m curious. What exactly do you think the NHL would go to “screw this up”?  This is between the Canucks and Tryamkin’s agent 

IMO, the longer the NHL takes to announce the Cap for the 2020-2021 season, the more they pressure those teams that have cap issues and need to make decisions

Personally, I think the NHL has dropped the ball, in this regard

The longer they wait, the shorter time frame Gm's will have to massage their line ups, and make deals...……..there will be mistakes made because of this...…...

I think it is foolish to wait...……….

Just now, janisahockeynut said:

IMO, the longer the NHL takes to announce the Cap for the 2020-2021 season, the more they pressure those teams that have cap issues and need to make decisions

Personally, I think the NHL has dropped the ball, in this regard

The longer they wait, the shorter time frame Gm's will have to massage their line ups, and make deals...……..there will be mistakes made because of this...…...

I think it is foolish to wait...……….

They need to factor in whether or not the league will be able to get the playoffs in (and avoid massive penalties from the tv networks).  That revenue (or lack there of) will impact the cap.  They’re not waiting on it to make things difficult for GM’s.  They simply can’t calculate it until they know if the return to play plan will actually work 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Why does he deserves a long term big money deal?   He has proven nothing.  

In fact, even you said he would be competing with a bunch of guys who haven’t even made the NHL yet.  

If Benn is overpaid as a 6-7, what would Tryamkin be at way more money and term?

Well, you and I disagree on that one big fellow

IMO, those that do not agree with me, usually argue about Tryamkin's last season and usually talk about his first half

Where as his second half was much different, and he was put in a bigger role because of injuries

IMO, he played at a much better , and changed the way oppositions attacked the Canucks during that time

People conveniently use the former instead of the latter.....this confuses me, as I think he proved himself during that period

Furthermore, Those who disagree with me, will quote things such as Tryamkin sat in the KHL, which just shows the ignorance of some

The truth is, Tryamkin played in a rotation, and was an all-star in a league that is very political, and where manipulation is rampant

So, IMO, the bottom line from Tryamkin's KHL days, was and is a that he was a dominant defensive Dman, with superior size

Something that he had shown in his short NHL career, as a rookie (Something that everybody seems to forget~!)

My final point would be, that as Tryamkin has aged, he has grown, and prioritized his life better....IMO, I would bet his wife would too!

So, as a Russian, he has proven everything Radulov had proven.....and you do not see his contract being small...……….

IMO. this Tryamkin argument is exhausting!

• Cheers 3

14 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

They need to factor in whether or not the league will be able to get the playoffs in (and avoid massive penalties from the tv networks).  That revenue (or lack there of) will impact the cap.  They’re not waiting on it to make things difficult for GM’s.  They simply can’t calculate it until they know if the return to play plan will actually work 

Well, ok then....

Maybe they should announce measures that would work either way

So like...….extending UFA contracts long enough that this pause does not affect their dealing or trades

To me, it just seems they are flying by the seat of their arse on this one...…...

For example...….maybe they should explain to us fans, just how the expiring contracts will be handled, if the season is prolonged

Maybe they should tell us that teams will have some time after the season ends to either resign the players, or trade them

To me, they look like they just don't know...………….that looks bad on the league IMO

And handcuffs franchises

9 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Well, you and I disagree on that one big fellow

IMO, those that do not agree with me, usually argue about Tryamkin's last season and usually talk about his first half

Where as his second half was much different, and he was put in a bigger role because of injuries

IMO, he played at a much better , and changed the way oppositions attacked the Canucks during that time

People conveniently use the former instead of the latter.....this confuses me, as I think he proved himself during that period

Furthermore, Those who disagree with me, will quote things such as Tryamkin sat in the KHL, which just shows the ignorance of some

The truth is, Tryamkin played in a rotation, and was an all-star in a league that is very political, and where manipulation is rampant

So, IMO, the bottom line from Tryamkin's KHL days, was and is a that he was a dominant defensive Dman, with superior size

Something that he had shown in his short NHL career, as a rookie (Something that everybody seems to forget~!)

My final point would be, that as Tryamkin has aged, he has grown, and prioritized his life better....IMO, I would bet his wife would too!

So, as a Russian, he has proven everything Radulov had proven.....and you do not see his contract being small...……….

IMO. this Tryamkin argument is exhausting!

Hahah

yeah i could see how that would be exhausting assuming every thing I could say.  

Im wondering, if he has proven so much, and is so fantastic, why do you having him competing for a spot against all the hopeful rookies?

someone getting signed to 3.5x4 is walking into a guaranteed top 4 spot.