The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

...YEAH...why would you want to keep your best defensive D man that just had a great season playing with Hughes.....

lol

Anybody including Peter Puck would have a great season playing with Hughes,.  except you.  :towel:

Edited by SilentSam
1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If we get rid of Tanev we need to replace him. Otherwise we are gonna be worse off next year.

So either we trade Boeser/Virtanen for a top 4 RD or sign one in UFA.

Boeser for Ristolienen and a 2nd.

or 

Boeser for a First round pick..

and then Tanev and Boesers cap hit serves purpose to Toffoli and Petriangelo.

23 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

or 

I’m a little confused by your valuations.  A 1st for Boeser seems realistic (not top 10, but beyond that, definitely ). But a big young 40 point top 2/3 D plus a high 2nd seems like a massive overpay by Buffalo.  I’d think even straight up would be a stretch considering how much teams value D compared to wingers 

18 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

or 

Would be putting faith in youngsters to succeed. I am not opposed to trading Boeser/Virtanen for a D when one of the youngsters prove ready but perhaps we won't have that luxury. I do really like Risto

Peaches would be a pipe dream. My pipe dream would be to get two compliance buyouts, use them on Eriksson and Myers, sign Peaches, Tofu, and Tanman. 

• Hydration 1
27 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

or 

As long as Toffoli is resigned then:

Boeser + Stecher rights

for

Savard + J Anderson rights

• Hydration 1
  • Wat 1
4 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

Boeser + Stecher rights

for

You must really value Savard and Anderson or don't value Boeser that much.

3 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

You must really value Savard and Anderson or don't value Boeser that much.

I value them all, but Savard is a slightly younger, cheaper, bigger, grittier and more offensive version of Tanev, with playoff experience.

Anderson is built for the playoffs (6'3", 220lb), good friend of Horvat's and would be a great addition on Horvat's line. He is RFA earning $1.85m currently, has had a down year so will be able to be signed for low $, I am not concerned about the down year, he has serious skills and is gritty AF.

I don't want to lose Boeser, but I would do it for those two guys and only if Toffoli is resigned because I feel that Toffoli can fill the role that Boeser plays on the Canucks top line.

Miller Pettersson Toffoli

Pearson Horvat Anderson

Virtanen Gaudette MacEwen

Roussel Beagle Motte

Sutter

Hughes Savard

Edler Myers

Benn Tryamkin

Rafferty

Markstrom

Demko

Edited by BigTramFan
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
14 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

I value them all, but Savard is a slightly younger, cheaper, bigger, grittier and more offensive version of Tanev, with playoff experience.

Anderson is built for the playoffs (6'3", 220lb), good friend of Horvat's and would be a great addition on Horvat's line. He is RFA earning $1.85m currently, has had a down year so will be able to be signed for low $, I am not concerned about the down year, he has serious skills and is gritty AF.

I don't want to lose Boeser, but I would do it for those two guys and only if Toffoli is resigned because I feel that Toffoli can fill the role that Boeser plays on the Canucks top line.

Pearson Horvat Anderson

Roussel Beagle Motte

Sutter

Hughes Savard

Edler Myers

Benn Tryamkin

Rafferty

Markstrom

Demko

Down year? Anderson sustained a major season ending injury and has had an injury plagued season. He had surgery back in March and the estimated recovery was 4-6 months. We might want to stay clear of that. He's also 26. Savard is also a UFA in 2021, so we'd have him for a year, and is only a year younger than Tanev at 29. 

Personally I think we can do a lot better and younger considering we're giving up a core piece, we need to get a core piece back

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2
1 hour ago, BigTramFan said:

Pearson Horvat Anderson

Roussel Beagle Motte

Sutter

Hughes Savard

Edler Myers

Benn Tryamkin

Rafferty

Markstrom

Demko

Whoa..that's my kinda team! Interesting ideas man

5 hours ago, BoKnows said:

That's to no fault of his own

At 4.5 per or more if he resigns , it would be nice to have someone with more playoff experience .

Hes not built to last playoff hockey, even in regular season he has been targeted in games to hit and upset the D balance of a game.

Something his accumulated injuries have done for years. Upset the balance.

Honestly a D man who has never registered more than 30 hits a season, usually well below that mark.

Its time to change that accumulative set back and part ways with this player.

He will do fine somewhere else.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

At 4.5 per or more if he resigns , it would be nice to have someone with more playoff experience .

Hes not built to last playoff hockey, even in regular season he has been targeted in games to hit and upset the D balance of a game.

Something his accumulated injuries have done for years. Upset the balance.

Honestly a D man who has never registered more than 30 hits a season, usually well below that mark.

Its time to change that accumulative set back and part ways with this player.

He will do fine somewhere else.

I feel like his term and price tag would also not be favourable for us.  We don't need to pay a 35/36 year old Tanev $5.25M+

• Hydration 1
12 hours ago, qwijibo said:

I’m a little confused by your valuations.  A 1st for Boeser seems realistic (not top 10, but beyond that, definitely ). But a big young 40 point top 2/3 D plus a high 2nd seems like a massive overpay by Buffalo.  I’d think even straight up would be a stretch considering how much teams value D compared to wingers 

Your right Q,.  But I do think Boeser may top Risto..  perhaps it’s a future interest?  
Buffalo makes the 2022 playoffs?

There is something a mess about Buffalo, I can not understand why there GM is still there.

Oreilly left a huge hole.

Botterhill might be feeling pressure next season to make playoffs ,.  I beleive they haven’t appeared for 7 years.

i see an opportunity.

12 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Boeser + Stecher rights

for

I’d do that for Josh Anderson alone.

beast.  
The other power forward I wouldn’t mind trying to pry from Dallas is the big Finnish player,  Roope Hintz.

moster hockey in his first playoff/ rookie season.

He and Petterson speak pickled herring ;)

49 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Your right Q,.  But I do think Boeser may top Risto..  perhaps it’s a future interest?  
Buffalo makes the 2022 playoffs?

There is something a mess about Buffalo, I can not understand why there GM is still there.

Oreilly left a huge hole.

Botterhill might be feeling pressure next season to make playoffs ,.  I beleive they haven’t appeared for 7 years.

i see an opportunity.

right now i think Risto has more value than Boes, JB would probably have to add

• Hydration 1

The latest news about the KHL season is that it is still going ahead as scheduled starting September.

Would Tryamkin really decide to not play for an extra 4 months in order to wait for an NHL contract?

It doesn’t really seem promising to

me at this point.

1 hour ago, Provost said:

The latest news about the KHL season is that it is still going ahead as scheduled starting September.

Would Tryamkin really decide to not play for an extra 4 months in order to wait for an NHL contract?

It doesn’t really seem promising to

me at this point.

Didn't the KHL and NHL work on a transfer agreement? Perhaps Tryamkin could sign a contract with an out clause for when the NHL is ready. Or he could sign here and start getting paid more than he would in the KHL to simply train and prepare for the start of the season. It's not like we are going to wait and sign him just before the season starts.

This doesn't seem like it would detrimental towards us signing him.

10 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Didn't the KHL and NHL work on a transfer agreement? Perhaps Tryamkin could sign a contract with an out clause for when the NHL is ready. Or he could sign here and start getting paid more than he would in the KHL to simply train and prepare for the start of the season. It's not like we are going to wait and sign him just before the season starts.

This doesn't seem like it would detrimental towards us signing him.

The KHL isn’t going to sign players with an option to leave just before their playoffs start.  If they did, it would be dozens of guys and not just Tryamkin and that would be too disruptive.

If he hasn’t signed before whatever the revised Dec 1st deadline will be, he wouldn’t be eligible to play in the NHL.

Not many players would bail on their team near the end of the season.

He doesn’t get paid to train, he wouldn’t be drawing a paycheque until the NHL season started.... IF it starts depending on a 2nd wave of virus and further closures.

The NHL doesn’t look like it will have it’s cap issues/escrow sorted out in the very near future.  His KHL team isn’t likely going to wait until their season is starting  before settling their roster, especially now that there are cap considerations for the first time.