The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

On 6/15/2020 at 12:10 AM, Ray_Cathode said:

The blank period on this thread occurred when he was playing with the Canucks and thus no longer a prospect - this is the PROSPECT thread, he would have been transferred to the active player thread. Nobody discussed him on the prospect thread then because he wasn’t one, but there was a ton of discussion on his active thread when he was contributing to the team.

I thought it was the same thread that gets moved from Prospects to Roster Players sub-forum? I could be wrong...

3 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

That seems a bit excessive to me. Solitary confinement with no internet access should be sufficient.

Sounds like social distancing lol...  I don’t think any of us have  grown any softer for it ;)

11 hours ago, Vanuckles said:

I thought it was the same thread that gets moved from Prospects to Roster Players sub-forum? I could be wrong...

You are wrong, bad luck, joint the the enormous club of those occasionally wrong.  I am old enough and wrong enough to be a founding member... of course I could be wrong about that...

• Haha 2
On 6/16/2020 at 4:25 PM, WiDeN said:

You sound like you need a hug and a brisk walk. 

Oh yeah, just thought of something while thinking about Tryamkin’s active player thread, once he got out of what’s his name, the coach’s doghouse. The comments on Tryamkin got more and more positive and glowing up until the where he decided not to come back and be badly coached. At that point he suddenly became substandard, without talent, too soft for his size, a lousy passer, couldn’t skate, didn’t stand up for his teammates, and on and on and on... ‘Hell hath no fury like that of a woman scorned’ - describes about half of cdc at that point. As far as I can see, nobody knows what went on between player and management, all I care about is can he play. 

Edited by Ray_Cathode
  • Thanks 2
  • Hydration 2

It’s good to see Tryamkin is being patient so far and not signing with KHL. It must be a bit frustrating to him that he’ll need to wait until probably November at the earliest to play NHL hockey when the KHL is starting training camp shortly. That’s a long time not to be playing. 
He’ll be just what the doctor ordered after he win our first cup in October and our free agents sign lucrative deals with other clubs.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, Slegr said:

It’s good to see Tryamkin is being patient so far and not signing with KHL. It must be a bit frustrating to him that he’ll need to wait until probably November at the earliest to play NHL hockey when the KHL is starting training camp shortly. That’s a long time not to be playing. 
He’ll be just what the doctor ordered after he win our first cup in October and our free agents sign lucrative deals with other clubs.

I can’t see him waiting for a league that isn’t even aiming on playing until January probably.

Why not get almost an entire KHL season under his belt and join us 20 games into our season.

Unless the NHL announces the cap and next seasons details in the next week, guys are going to just have to go sign KHL deals.

9 hours ago, Provost said:

I can’t see him waiting for a league that isn’t even aiming on playing until January probably.

Why not get almost an entire KHL season under his belt and join us 20 games into our season.

Unless the NHL announces the cap and next seasons details in the next week, guys are going to just have to go sign KHL deals.

The KHL has black listed several NHL agents because they don't want them trying to bring players over to the NHL.  Would be surprised if the KHL will allow out clauses in the middle of the season.  They have a salary cap now and losing a good player is going to hurt their end of season and playoffs.  He's RFA so he has to sign by the new 1 December date - the KHL season will likely not be done by that new date unless the NHL starts so much later than January.  

38 minutes ago, mll said:

The KHL has black listed several NHL agents because they don't want them trying to bring players over to the NHL.  Would be surprised if the KHL will allow out clauses in the middle of the season.  They have a salary cap now and losing a good player is going to hurt their end of season and playoffs.  He's RFA so he has to sign by the new 1 December date - the KHL season will likely not be done by that new date unless the NHL starts so much later than January.  

He wouldn't be leaving mid season, that is the entire point.  That December deadline will obviously be pushed to significantly later if the NHL season is starting 3 months later.... just pushing it equally means March 1st.  Any KHL player on a team not in the playoffs would have their season done by then.

11 minutes ago, Provost said:

He wouldn't be leaving mid season, that is the entire point.  That December deadline will obviously be pushed to significantly later if the NHL season is starting 3 months later.... just pushing it equally means March 1st.  Any KHL player on a team not in the playoffs would have their season done by then.

I understand your argument but it hinges on his team missing the playoffs.  Any team in the playoffs won't be done by that date.   With the discussions of changing the season's calendar there might always be a long gap between the end of his KHL season and the start of the NHLs.

There might be options to play at the Worlds next year though rather than just wait like now.   The NHL season will still be underway so they won't get the NHLers - maybe the opportunity for him to make the team.  Less likely he could take a AHL contract to bridge the gap, if his team is in the playoffs and misses the NHL's RFA signing deadline.  The AHL can add players at the  TDL no?  That would be much later than the new 1 December (likely 1 March) deadline.  

1 hour ago, Tracksuit said:

I sure would like to see him signed.

but with the cluster f of bad contracts and pending ufas/Rfas It doesn’t look good. 

huh?

• Hydration 2
19 minutes ago, stawns said:

huh?

Didn't you know? We're chok-a-blok full of 7 year long dead weight contracts that are going to force us to trade Pettersson because we won't be able to afford to re-sign him.

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, stawns said:

I always get a kick out of the people who think JB is the only GM in the league who has ever signed a bad contract.  Though he's given out a couple of questionable ones, I think he's done a pretty good job managing things.  Ironically, the covid situation might actually benefit the Canucks in the long run by keeping Petey and Hughes at a reasonable cap hit 

Huh?

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Didn't you know? We're chok-a-blok full of 7 year long dead weight contracts that are going to force us to trade Pettersson because we won't be able to afford to re-sign him.

Quick go on the defensive use some poor sarcasm and try to deflect. 
We won’t be able to resign the players that ADD and actually contribute  because we DO have dead weight contracts,

but I guess you rather have Erickson bear Sutter And even Myers  than A toffoli tanev markstrom stecher JV Or tryamkin.
We won’t be able to afford All of them because of the BAD Contracts JB has handed out Sorry if the truth hurts your ego. 

5 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

Quick go on the defensive use some poor sarcasm and try to deflect. 
We won’t be able to resign the players that ADD and actually contribute  because we DO have dead weight contracts,

but I guess you rather have Erickson bear Sutter And even Myers  than A toffoli tanev markstrom stecher JV Or tryamkin.
We won’t be able to afford All of them because of the BAD Contracts JB has handed out Sorry if the truth hurts your ego. 

We certainly can afford them, Panicky Pollyanna.

• Haha 3