The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I think they have to figure out other pieces first.

They can’t have the extra million they would have to pay for Tryamkin to cost them one of Toffoli or Tanev.

It they sign Tryamkin before the 15th (KHL training camps) it probably means they have a good sense of not being able to sign Tanev/Stecher to a budget friendly deal.

Edited by Provost
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Provost said:

I think they have to figure out other pieces first.

They can’t have the extra million they would have to pay for Tryamkin to cost them one of Toffoli or Tanev.

It they sign Tryamkin before the 15th (KHL training camps) it probably means they have a good sense of not being able to sign Tanev/Stecher to a budget friendly deal.

For defence, I think Tryamkin, Rathbone & Barrie sign and Tanev & Stecher go. 

Hughes - Tryamkin

Edler - Myers

Rathbone - Barrie

Juolevi

Brisebois

• Upvote 1

Apparently Coach Green had communications with Tryamkin over the last while. (Theres a interview in the link)And I am glad that I am not the only one enamored with his physical gifts :P

Nastrovia!!!

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Hughes-________ ( Trade Virtanen + for top pairing D) We have Lind and Pod to take his place or even resign Leivo cheap for 1 year to bridge the gap. 

Edler-Myers

Tryamkin-Rafferty

Don't think we can afford to give up the assets to acquire a top 4RHD. Jake is a piece to that deal but in no way the main one imo.

I would do something like this:

Hughes-Myers(gets paid to play this kind of role)

Edler- Barrie(maybe signs here like hamhuis?)

Benn/OJ Tryamkin

Rafferty

Hope we sign him for at least 2 years. I am sure the agent will try to take him to UFA as early as possible though to give him more options potentially.

Either way the big Russian Tower on the back end would be a welcome addition!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Hope we sign him for at least 2 years. I am sure the agent will try to take him to UFA as early as possible though to give him more options potentially.

Either way the big Russian Tower on the back end would be a welcome addition!

1 year... 2 years takes him to UFA.  One year gives us a chance to see if he can play before committing.

• Cheers 2

59 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Apparently Coach Green had communications with Tryamkin over the last while. (Theres a interview in the link)And I am glad that I am not the only one enamored with his physical gifts :P

Nastrovia!!!

homer simpson lol GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Don't think we can afford to give up the assets to acquire a top 4RHD. Jake is a piece to that deal but in no way the main one imo.

I would do something like this:

Hughes-Myers(gets paid to play this kind of role)

Edler- Barrie(maybe signs here like hamhuis?)

Benn/OJ Tryamkin

Rafferty

Problem is Barrie will want at least $6 million and isn't good in his own end. The Canucks problem isn't scoring it is keeping the puck out of the net. We need to give to get. Only way we are going to become an elite team is if we have a D core. We have Hughes and Myers (Long term) after that everyone could potentially be gone after next season. Stecher/Tanev/ Fanta this year & Edler + Benn next year. I see Rathbone making the team by then on our second pairing.

Hughes- _______ Brenden Dillon, Severson,Pulock,Parayko, 

Rathbone-Myers

Juolevi?-Tryamkin?

It is easy to fill our 5/6 guys with different ones, I just put Juolevi and Tryamkin for arguments sake. We really need that guy to play next to Hughes

Edited by Outsiders
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I agree, pass on Barrie. Hughes makes him redundant.  We need D to stop goals and  yet chip in some. 

Hughes>Barrie

Save that 6M for something else.

$6 million?

We’ll be lucky to get under the salary cap let alone have an extra $6 million to play with.

If we can re-sign two of Markstrom, Tanev, and Toffoli while re-signing our RFAs, that would be considered a huge offseason for Benning.

We will be very quiet in the free agent market this offseason.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

I’m guessing 2 years  (1.75 and 2.75)

... and a new home in the best place to be during a pandemic,.  even if it’s a little “skunky” ;)

... I’m pretty sure he signs for 4 years after that.

..and to all of those hormonal tweeters out there...

arnold schwarzenegger middle finger GIF by Cheezburger

It’s almost time that we see Tryamkin signed. He’ll be critical to our defense next year. It’s just a shame we have to wait until ... December?... until he’s able to play for the Canucks at the start of the season. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Slegr said:

It’s almost time that we see Tryamkin signed. He’ll be critical to our defense next year. It’s just a shame we have to wait until ... December?... until he’s able to play for the Canucks at the start of the season. 

Has it been confirmed he’s not eligible for playoffs?

4 minutes ago, Slegr said:

In the interview Diamond says if Tryamkin signed in the  KHL the timing would be bad for us, in that we would probably lose him in free agency.  As a UFA.

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Has it been confirmed he’s not eligible for playoffs?

The interviewer and his agent spoke like it was a fact that he couldn’t start until start of next season, so I’m just assuming these playoffs are a no-go. It’s a shame though, especially since Benn is likely leaving the team for a period when his child is born, and will likely have to quarantine before coming back. Plus, we know how quickly our defence can get decimated.

• Cheers 1