The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

9 hours ago, kloubek said:

Talk that the contract could be just shy of a million? That'd be value, and gives him a chance to show he is worth more.

Would be stoked to see him play. But he won't be that element that "fixes" our d.

8 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I'm not sure if this site is credible or not but I read it here;

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors-july-5-2020/

That talk was 100% pure speculation, without even "a little birdy told me" source. As another poster pointed out, if Tram was willing to sign in that price range, he would almost certainly already be signed.

5 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

That talk was 100% pure speculation, without even "a little birdy told me" source. As another poster pointed out, if Tram was willing to sign in that price range, he would almost certainly already be signed.

Agree the comment was speculation. Though the source seems solid at least.

Tryamkin likely still wants to avoid the AHL so to fit him on the roster, something will have to change one way or another to move out bodies. As I said, he does little to solve our woes on D so changes are likely regardless. Benn becomes 100% expendable, so gotta find a suitor there. Shame he didn't work out.

5 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

As a recent father who works on contract.. my first priority would be getting a new contact to ensure i can provide for my new addition. 

Luckily for Nikita, it isn't a matter of finding a contract, it's about how much. Some hockey team in the world will want a player like him, it's not trying to find the best deal that suits him now and for future growth. So now I guess the question is does he want long term financial security or does he want to bank on himself on a short term deal with the goal to ear a bigger paycheque down the road.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

A young man and his wife starting a new family,.  I can’t think of a better place for new beginnings than this Country,  this Province, and this city in the Entire World right now.

Nik will play to stay..  

First contract I think is 2 years Theo,  close to what he was offered before he left.

Im pretty sure he will prove himself to be worth more than double that before he signs his UFA deal.

Yes, I agree. He played for Avto for a huge hometown discount. And they almost won it all last year. But now he needs to sign here and play for better NHL money for his young family.

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

A young man and his wife starting a new family,.  I can’t think of a better place for new beginnings than this Country,  this Province, and this city in the Entire World right now.

Nik will play to stay..  

First contract I think is 2 years Theo,  close to what he was offered before he left.

Im pretty sure he will prove himself to be worth more than double that before he signs his UFA deal.

Yes and no.

Sometimes you just want your family and friends around for support.  The grandparents coming over for help, being able to do baby hangouts with your friends who has similar age babies, etc... those are things money cannot buy.  

Nikita seems like a family-first kind of guy.... I wouldn't be surprised (nor would I blame him) if he felt it's best for wife and kids to remain in the KHL to be closer to home.  

Question...........

OK, Dumb question!

But several years ago someone said that Tryamkin's parents bought a house in Vancouver.

I took it to be BS, then a friend of mine brought it back up..........I said, well I really do not know?

Anyone want to laugh at me? Or is it true?

51 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Question...........

OK, Dumb question!

But several years ago someone said that Tryamkin's parents bought a house in Vancouver.

I took it to be BS, then a friend of mine brought it back up..........I said, well I really do not know?

That was BS, my friend :)

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Yes and no.

Sometimes you just want your family and friends around for support.  The grandparents coming over for help, being able to do baby hangouts with your friends who has similar age babies, etc... those are things money cannot buy.  

Nikita seems like a family-first kind of guy.... I wouldn't be surprised (nor would I blame him) if he felt it's best for wife and kids to remain in the KHL to be closer to home.  

That's partly true but his wife and child(ren) are going to need to be taken care of financially. I think his pay will be better here.

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Question...........

OK, Dumb question!

True story!  It was a duplex and they bought it together with Gaborik's parents.::D

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

That's partly true but his wife and child(ren) are going to need to be taken care of financially. I think his pay will be better here.

It reminds me of a quote from I believe from Ozzy and Harriet,

Paraphrasing... "Son, money doesn't always bring you happiness.  A man with $10 million isn't always going to be happier than a man with $9 million", lol.  

In any case, financially it makes more sense to come to the NHL, but it goes beyond just money.  Having your wife potentially go through postpartum depression without her regular support circle or having to move to another country using a different language, taking care of a young baby without parents, family, friends.... it's not a good situation for her, for the baby and even for Nikita.  

I mean it would be possible for the Canucks family/organization to help out, with Bo, Gaudette and a few others who are recently married and who know who else has babies and young kids... but the decision isn't just Nikita's alone.  Imagine telling the baby's grandparent that they can't see the baby every few days or weekly when babies are at their cutest.  Not letting your best friend's kids come over for regular playdates.  Making it really difficult for uncles, aunts, etc.... to be a part of the baby's life in its early stages.  

These are real consequences that has to be accounted for when moving overseas.  

Heck, whenever I tell my parents that my wife and I are planning to move to Japan in a few years.... I can almost see the pain in my parents eyes knowing that if/when we move, they will no longer be able to play with their grandchildren daily anymore.... that my parents are getting older now and that eventually they will only be able to see the grand kids a dozen more times, instead of all the time, before they will pass away.  

• Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Paraphrasing... "Son, money doesn't always bring you happiness.  A man with $10 million isn't always going to be happier than a man with $9 million", lol.  

In any case, financially it makes more sense to come to the NHL, but it goes beyond just money.  Having your wife potentially go through postpartum depression without her regular support circle or having to move to another country using a different language, taking care of a young baby without parents, family, friends.... it's not a good situation for her, for the baby and even for Nikita.  

I mean it would be possible for the Canucks family/organization to help out, with Bo, Gaudette and a few others who are recently married and who know who else has babies and young kids... but the decision isn't just Nikita's alone.  Imagine telling the baby's grandparent that they can't see the baby every few days or weekly when babies are at their cutest.  Not letting your best friend's kids come over for regular playdates.  Making it really difficult for uncles, aunts, etc.... to be a part of the baby's life in its early stages.  

Heck, whenever I tell my parents that my wife and I are planning to move to Japan in a few years.... I can almost see the pain in my parents eyes knowing that if/when we move, they will no longer be able to play with their grandchildren daily anymore.... that my parents are getting older now and that eventually they will only be able to see the grand kids a dozen more times, instead of all the time, before they will pass away.  

A lot of people have to move for work sometimes. Or education,  it's part of life. I've had to do the same when my kids were young, but not getting paid millions.  The Tryamkin's could afford to bring companions from home, nursemaid or close friend. Also Nik is super competitive and I believe he really wants to make a mark in his career.  And I believe he sees the biggest opportunity for advancement in his hockey career to be in the NHL. I think going back to the K would be a step back. He seems totally into his family and this move is best for them financially. Son's have to leave the village sometimes.  Time to cut the apron strings and make his mark.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Lancaster said:

I think if this was a major concern, he would've sign in the KHL already.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

8 hours ago, Lancaster said:

All good points, but you left two scenarios out. A) they don't have to leave it's their choice   B} they new the situation well in advance. Army personel leave home, I left home when i was 16 and not to the next Province over. My son emigrated to EuropeI see my grandchildren every 4-5 years. Life goes on. The good news is he is paid a relative fortune and should be set for life with wise investments

• Cheers 1