26 players just reportedly tested positive  for covid. Ctv news reported. 

Not sure but I think all players testing positive should not play this playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

26 players just reportedly tested positive  for covid. Ctv news reported. 

Not sure but I think all players testing positive should not play this playoffs. 

That’s where it’s going to backfire and mess up the quality of the “playoffs” this season , if this gets off the ground..

I mean seriously,  is it so hard not to realize that the last 2 remaining teams might only be able to dress 10 decent players without it be coming the year of “the emergency call up player” Cup?

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

That’s where it’s going to backfire and mess up the quality of the “playoffs” this season , if this gets off the ground..

I mean seriously,  is it so hard not to realize that the last 2 remaining teams might only be able to dress 10 decent players without it be coming the year of “the emergency call up player” Cup?

Here's my question why would a professional athlete risk his career for maybe a weeks, 2 or 3 games, and end up with Covid repercussions for life? They haven't as of today been able to measure the long lasting effects of the respiratory problems. If it's me, or mine, or as an agent I'd recommend stay at home until they have a treatment or vaccine 

• Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Here's my question why would a professional athlete risk his career for maybe a weeks, 2 or 3 games, and end up with Covid repercussions for life? They haven't as of today been able to measure the long lasting effects of the respiratory problems. If it's me, or mine, or as an agent I'd recommend stay at home until they have a treatment or vaccine 

With you 100% Fred.

..  the NHL is creating a high risk tournament .

It’s unfortunate.   If I played at that level I would bow out until the next season starts.

The PA and NHL could be working out many better things for the future of the game at this time..

Owners in cities with low attendance should be given pragmatic solutions to relocate ..

Quebec deserves a team back.

Another out west...  

portland,  Frisco, Oakland , Diego..

Seattle is going to go off so well,  looking forward to that.

Fighting this Pandemic is just flailing stupidity.

11 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

From the Podz thread: me and SID

HK: It would be cool to have Podz and Tryamkin add their perestroika to the club. They can tell Russian jokes to each other in the dressing room.

SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
I’m more looking forward to their glasnost, personally

HK: I'm hoping Podz owns the means of production and Tryamkin can end the exploitation and oppression of our proletarian defense.

SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
Well said, comrade! Our players have nothing to lose but their chains! Forward to victory!

• Haha 1

On 6/30/2020 at 1:47 PM, SilentSam said:

Zamboni driver for the Conn Smythe Trophy

woot

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

21 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

The title is wrong: he sings the Soviet national athem - same music but different text with the current Russian one.

From Rick Dhaliwal twitter of June 29th:

----We may be getting closer to finding out about defenseman Nikita Tryamkin’s future in Vancouver.
With the CBA and return to play discussions moving forward that should provide the spark needed for GM Jim Benning's holding pattern to be cleared for landing and try and get Tryamkin signed for the 2021 season.
Once there is some clarity on the cap look for the Canucks and Tryamkin's camp to try and work out a 1 or 2 year deal.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

From Rick Dhaliwal twitter of June 29th:

That's some good news, if accurate.

I've long held faith & hope on this kid returning. Then if we could sign Rathbone & get solid development seasons for he, OJ & Woo..suddenly our blueline-youth is starting to show promising signs.

• Hydration 3
  • Vintage 1

I think they have to figure out other pieces first.

They can’t have the extra million they would have to pay for Tryamkin to cost them one of Toffoli or Tanev.

It they sign Tryamkin before the 15th (KHL training camps) it probably means they have a good sense of not being able to sign Tanev/Stecher to a budget friendly deal.

Edited by Provost
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Provost said:

I think they have to figure out other pieces first.

They can’t have the extra million they would have to pay for Tryamkin to cost them one of Toffoli or Tanev.

It they sign Tryamkin before the 15th (KHL training camps) it probably means they have a good sense of not being able to sign Tanev/Stecher to a budget friendly deal.

For defence, I think Tryamkin, Rathbone & Barrie sign and Tanev & Stecher go. 

Hughes - Tryamkin

Edler - Myers

Rathbone - Barrie

Juolevi

Brisebois

• Upvote 1

Hughes-________ ( Trade Virtanen + for top pairing D) We have Lind and Pod to take his place or even resign Leivo cheap for 1 year to bridge the gap. 

Edler-Myers

Tryamkin-Rafferty

Apparently Coach Green had communications with Tryamkin over the last while. (Theres a interview in the link)And I am glad that I am not the only one enamored with his physical gifts :P

Nastrovia!!!

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Hughes-________ ( Trade Virtanen + for top pairing D) We have Lind and Pod to take his place or even resign Leivo cheap for 1 year to bridge the gap. 

Edler-Myers

Tryamkin-Rafferty

Don't think we can afford to give up the assets to acquire a top 4RHD. Jake is a piece to that deal but in no way the main one imo.

I would do something like this:

Hughes-Myers(gets paid to play this kind of role)

Edler- Barrie(maybe signs here like hamhuis?)

Benn/OJ Tryamkin

Rafferty

Hope we sign him for at least 2 years. I am sure the agent will try to take him to UFA as early as possible though to give him more options potentially.

Either way the big Russian Tower on the back end would be a welcome addition!

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Hope we sign him for at least 2 years. I am sure the agent will try to take him to UFA as early as possible though to give him more options potentially.

Either way the big Russian Tower on the back end would be a welcome addition!

1 year... 2 years takes him to UFA.  One year gives us a chance to see if he can play before committing.

• Hydration 2