Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

A young man and his wife starting a new family,.  I can’t think of a better place for new beginnings than this Country,  this Province, and this city in the Entire World right now.

Nik will play to stay..  

First contract I think is 2 years Theo,  close to what he was offered before he left.

Im pretty sure he will prove himself to be worth more than double that before he signs his UFA deal.

Yes, I agree. He played for Avto for a huge hometown discount. And they almost won it all last year. But now he needs to sign here and play for better NHL money for his young family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

A young man and his wife starting a new family,.  I can’t think of a better place for new beginnings than this Country,  this Province, and this city in the Entire World right now.

Nik will play to stay..  

First contract I think is 2 years Theo,  close to what he was offered before he left.

Im pretty sure he will prove himself to be worth more than double that before he signs his UFA deal.

Yes and no.

Sometimes you just want your family and friends around for support.  The grandparents coming over for help, being able to do baby hangouts with your friends who has similar age babies, etc... those are things money cannot buy.  

 

Nikita seems like a family-first kind of guy.... I wouldn't be surprised (nor would I blame him) if he felt it's best for wife and kids to remain in the KHL to be closer to home.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question...........

 

OK, Dumb question!

 

But several years ago someone said that Tryamkin's parents bought a house in Vancouver.

 

I took it to be BS, then a friend of mine brought it back up..........I said, well I really do not know?

 

Anyone want to laugh at me? Or is it true?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Question...........

 

OK, Dumb question!

 

But several years ago someone said that Tryamkin's parents bought a house in Vancouver.

 

I took it to be BS, then a friend of mine brought it back up..........I said, well I really do not know?

 

Anyone want to laugh at me? Or is it true?

That was BS, my friend :)

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lancaster said:

Yes and no.

Sometimes you just want your family and friends around for support.  The grandparents coming over for help, being able to do baby hangouts with your friends who has similar age babies, etc... those are things money cannot buy.  

 

Nikita seems like a family-first kind of guy.... I wouldn't be surprised (nor would I blame him) if he felt it's best for wife and kids to remain in the KHL to be closer to home.  

That's partly true but his wife and child(ren) are going to need to be taken care of financially. I think his pay will be better here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Question...........

 

OK, Dumb question!

 

But several years ago someone said that Tryamkin's parents bought a house in Vancouver.

 

I took it to be BS, then a friend of mine brought it back up..........I said, well I really do not know?

 

Anyone want to laugh at me? Or is it true?

True story!  It was a duplex and they bought it together with Gaborik's parents.::D

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

That's partly true but his wife and child(ren) are going to need to be taken care of financially. I think his pay will be better here.

It reminds me of a quote from I believe from Ozzy and Harriet,

Paraphrasing... "Son, money doesn't always bring you happiness.  A man with $10 million isn't always going to be happier than a man with $9 million", lol.  

 

In any case, financially it makes more sense to come to the NHL, but it goes beyond just money.  Having your wife potentially go through postpartum depression without her regular support circle or having to move to another country using a different language, taking care of a young baby without parents, family, friends.... it's not a good situation for her, for the baby and even for Nikita.  

 

I mean it would be possible for the Canucks family/organization to help out, with Bo, Gaudette and a few others who are recently married and who know who else has babies and young kids... but the decision isn't just Nikita's alone.  Imagine telling the baby's grandparent that they can't see the baby every few days or weekly when babies are at their cutest.  Not letting your best friend's kids come over for regular playdates.  Making it really difficult for uncles, aunts, etc.... to be a part of the baby's life in its early stages.  

These are real consequences that has to be accounted for when moving overseas.  

Heck, whenever I tell my parents that my wife and I are planning to move to Japan in a few years.... I can almost see the pain in my parents eyes knowing that if/when we move, they will no longer be able to play with their grandchildren daily anymore.... that my parents are getting older now and that eventually they will only be able to see the grand kids a dozen more times, instead of all the time, before they will pass away.  

 

  • Huggy Bear 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You almost make it sound like sacrifices need to be made to earn those millions...

  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Lancaster said:

It reminds me of a quote from I believe from Ozzy and Harriet,

Paraphrasing... "Son, money doesn't always bring you happiness.  A man with $10 million isn't always going to be happier than a man with $9 million", lol.  

 

In any case, financially it makes more sense to come to the NHL, but it goes beyond just money.  Having your wife potentially go through postpartum depression without her regular support circle or having to move to another country using a different language, taking care of a young baby without parents, family, friends.... it's not a good situation for her, for the baby and even for Nikita.  

 

I mean it would be possible for the Canucks family/organization to help out, with Bo, Gaudette and a few others who are recently married and who know who else has babies and young kids... but the decision isn't just Nikita's alone.  Imagine telling the baby's grandparent that they can't see the baby every few days or weekly when babies are at their cutest.  Not letting your best friend's kids come over for regular playdates.  Making it really difficult for uncles, aunts, etc.... to be a part of the baby's life in its early stages.  

These are real consequences that has to be accounted for when moving overseas.  

Heck, whenever I tell my parents that my wife and I are planning to move to Japan in a few years.... I can almost see the pain in my parents eyes knowing that if/when we move, they will no longer be able to play with their grandchildren daily anymore.... that my parents are getting older now and that eventually they will only be able to see the grand kids a dozen more times, instead of all the time, before they will pass away.  

 

A lot of people have to move for work sometimes. Or education,  it's part of life. I've had to do the same when my kids were young, but not getting paid millions.  The Tryamkin's could afford to bring companions from home, nursemaid or close friend. Also Nik is super competitive and I believe he really wants to make a mark in his career.  And I believe he sees the biggest opportunity for advancement in his hockey career to be in the NHL. I think going back to the K would be a step back. He seems totally into his family and this move is best for them financially. Son's have to leave the village sometimes.  Time to cut the apron strings and make his mark.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lancaster said:

It reminds me of a quote from I believe from Ozzy and Harriet,

Paraphrasing... "Son, money doesn't always bring you happiness.  A man with $10 million isn't always going to be happier than a man with $9 million", lol.  

 

In any case, financially it makes more sense to come to the NHL, but it goes beyond just money.  Having your wife potentially go through postpartum depression without her regular support circle or having to move to another country using a different language, taking care of a young baby without parents, family, friends.... it's not a good situation for her, for the baby and even for Nikita.  

 

I mean it would be possible for the Canucks family/organization to help out, with Bo, Gaudette and a few others who are recently married and who know who else has babies and young kids... but the decision isn't just Nikita's alone.  Imagine telling the baby's grandparent that they can't see the baby every few days or weekly when babies are at their cutest.  Not letting your best friend's kids come over for regular playdates.  Making it really difficult for uncles, aunts, etc.... to be a part of the baby's life in its early stages.  

These are real consequences that has to be accounted for when moving overseas.  

Heck, whenever I tell my parents that my wife and I are planning to move to Japan in a few years.... I can almost see the pain in my parents eyes knowing that if/when we move, they will no longer be able to play with their grandchildren daily anymore.... that my parents are getting older now and that eventually they will only be able to see the grand kids a dozen more times, instead of all the time, before they will pass away.  

 

I think if this was a major concern, he would've sign in the KHL already.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lancaster said:

It reminds me of a quote from I believe from Ozzy and Harriet,

Paraphrasing... "Son, money doesn't always bring you happiness.  A man with $10 million isn't always going to be happier than a man with $9 million", lol.  

 

In any case, financially it makes more sense to come to the NHL, but it goes beyond just money.  Having your wife potentially go through postpartum depression without her regular support circle or having to move to another country using a different language, taking care of a young baby without parents, family, friends.... it's not a good situation for her, for the baby and even for Nikita.  

 

I mean it would be possible for the Canucks family/organization to help out, with Bo, Gaudette and a few others who are recently married and who know who else has babies and young kids... but the decision isn't just Nikita's alone.  Imagine telling the baby's grandparent that they can't see the baby every few days or weekly when babies are at their cutest.  Not letting your best friend's kids come over for regular playdates.  Making it really difficult for uncles, aunts, etc.... to be a part of the baby's life in its early stages.  

These are real consequences that has to be accounted for when moving overseas.  

Heck, whenever I tell my parents that my wife and I are planning to move to Japan in a few years.... I can almost see the pain in my parents eyes knowing that if/when we move, they will no longer be able to play with their grandchildren daily anymore.... that my parents are getting older now and that eventually they will only be able to see the grand kids a dozen more times, instead of all the time, before they will pass away.  

 

All good points, but you left two scenarios out. A) they don't have to leave it's their choice   B} they new the situation well in advance. Army personel leave home, I left home when i was 16 and not to the next Province over. My son emigrated to EuropeI see my grandchildren every 4-5 years. Life goes on. The good news is he is paid a relative fortune and should be set for life with wise investments

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got this funny feeling Canucks tentatively signed Tryamkin this week, but aren’t finalizing it until end of playoffs  so they don’t shake Stecher’s confidence. He has scored enough own goals this year - he doesn’t need any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slegr said:

I got this funny feeling Canucks tentatively signed Tryamkin this week, but aren’t finalizing it until end of playoffs  so they don’t shake Stecher’s confidence. He has scored enough own goals this year - he doesn’t need any more.

Seems to be a lot of Russian players signing right now. Romanov, Sorokin, Kaprizov etc.

 

Hopefully we can keep that streak going.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Seems to be a lot of Russian players signing right now. Romanov, Sorokin, Kaprizov etc.

 

Hopefully we can keep that streak going.

This signing period really only affects ELCs I believe in that they can burn that first year of ELC. We could sign Tryamkin at any time basically, he just won't be available to play for this play-in/playoffs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think his KHL team training camp opens tomorrow, the clock is ticking if he hadn’t signed here yet.

 

No Rathbone or Tryamkin signing yet... we probably need to have one or both of these guys as cheaper replacements next season.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Provost said:

I think his KHL team training camp opens tomorrow, the clock is ticking if he hadn’t signed here yet.

 

No Rathbone or Tryamkin signing yet... we probably need to have one or both of these guys as cheaper replacements next season.

 

 

Sautner, Brisebois, Rafferty, Chatfield Juolevi, Woo.

 

While I'd certainly welcome both, we don't 'need' either. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Sautner, Brisebois, Rafferty, Chatfield Juolevi, Woo.

 

While I'd certainly welcome both, we don't 'need' either. 

None of those guys is a great bet to be NHL regulars, never mind solid top 4 D men.  That is the equivalent of our forward prospect depth 5 years ago when guys like you were slavering over the thought of getting Cassels, Gaunce, and Jensen into our lineup to make up Cup contenders.

Rafferty is the best of the bunch and he is 25 years old with 2 NHL games under his belt.  He is still a long shot to be a difference maker at all.  The rest will be lucky to stick in the NHL at all at this point in their development, we can just hope they take strides over the next few years.

Rathbone is thought of well outside this market as a possible 2nd pairing upside.  Tryamkin is a legit 3rd pairing NHL D now, and maybe can even be a little better.  They would immediately be above anyone in your dog's breakfast of a prospect list in the depth chart.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Provost said:

Rathbone is thought of well outside this market as a possible 2nd pairing upside.  Tryamkin is a legit 3rd pairing NHL D now, and maybe can even be a little better.  They would immediately be above anyone in your dog's breakfast of a prospect list in the depth chart.

Maybe except for someone like Woo who's still pretty green, but it's far from a forgone conclusion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.