The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Yah, just imagine not taking Benning at his word when Benning would know what he said, meant and was doing, but that runs counter to all the negative nelllies and their continual put downs.

so I expect to never see another post criticizing J.B. on this forum, amirite?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

Hmmm. 
I’ll wait to hear the other side of the story, not just the agent.  
BUT 

I could be wrong.  Lol.  

It’s not like the KHL would just pass him by.  There was no need for this contract urgency on his end.    
If the Canucks could sign him to something fair, pretty sure they would.   
Let Stetcher walk if needed.  

Training camp in the KHL is starting now and they have a salary cap in place. No guarantee that his team would have a spot for him later in the season.

He is at risk of being without a contract depending on how the Canucks' off-season plays out.  The belief is that it's going to be much harder to move unwanted contracts because of the flat cap.  Also some teams might no longer be willing to spend to the cap until there's more normalcy and they can have fans back in the stands.  Owners are going to lose considerable money next year and they might not want to compound their losses and decide to impose an internal cap.  

It's unclear where every team stands and what was a possible trade a few months ago might not be available anymore.  We don't know yet how teams are approaching their spending for next season.  Not every owner is necessarily cash rich vs asset rich.  Some unexpected players could become available and teams probably want to retain some flexibility.

It's perfectly reasonable for him to return back for another season.  He needs some guarantee which the Canucks where not in position to offer him right now.  His side is a bit upset because they wanted to sign but will try again next year.

From the Canucks point of view it also makes sense. They don't know yet if they can move the contracts they want to move.  Tryamkin would be a nice add but he was not a priority over Toffoli, Markstrom and even Tanev.  They first need to figure out how much cap they have available. 

Edited by mll
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

Hmmm. 
I’ll wait to hear the other side of the story, not just the agent.  
BUT 

I could be wrong.  Lol.  

It’s not like the KHL would just pass him by.  There was no need for this contract urgency on his end.    
If the Canucks could sign him to something fair, pretty sure they would.   
Let Stetcher walk if needed.  

You can be right about the rest, even if he did take a hit in the K by losing some bargaining leverage. Yeah, no kidding his agent is pissed, there goes his extra commission lol.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

The Caps the problem coming back to bite them, this from Tryamkins agent Todd Diamond

The cap issue has changed due to Covid. There were projections of a pretty big jump of the cap this coming season prior to this. This would've given more breathing room, plus more flexibility in moving contracts. There was no indication of a flat cap on a few months ago. So of course plans have had to change and things are still changing.

We signed vets to insulate the prospects and to give them competition (not the LE signing though, that was for a different reason IMO) and simply the team has surged back up much quicker than expected (with the help of nailing many picks that were ready to jump start the new core). This IMO is clearly showing that the system Benning had to develop the prospects (on top of drafting them) is working extremely well.

So yes there is work to be done to make everything fit now, but the situation isn't dire and there are many teams that are facing this issue, not just us. Even cap floor teams like Ottawa are going to feel this crunch as they weren't likely drawing much revenue, so even their internal cap will take a hit. The cap issue that we are seeing is a league-wide problem (unfortunately for this year's batch of UFAs and RFAs).

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

My take on Tryamkin: He should not have left in 2017. By leaving the organization, he runs the risk of losing quality development time in the NHL and he also lost his spot as the team is definitely signing or drafting other players to replace his spot in the line up. Now he plans for a return, the team have already made other plans and this just adds the extra hurdle for him to return. If he had stayed in Vancouver, and followed the instructions of the coaching and conditioning staff, he may have developed into a top 4 Defenseman by now (or he may not). However, by returning home, he has given up his spot and now it is hard for him to take it back. If the feud was really between him and Willie, then he really should've stuck around as Willie is gone immediately after the 2016-17 season.

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

My take on Tryamkin: He should not have left in 2017. By leaving the organization, he runs the risk of losing quality development time in the NHL and he also lost his spot as the team is definitely signing or drafting other players to replace his spot in the line up. Now he plans for a return, the team have already made other plans and this just adds the extra hurdle for him to return. If he had stayed in Vancouver, and followed the instructions of the coaching and conditioning staff, he may have developed into a top 4 Defenseman by now (or he may not). However, by returning home, he has given up his spot and now it is hard for him to take it back. If the feud was really between him and Willie, then he really should've stuck around as Willie is gone immediately after the 2016-17 season.

You're right that the situation is likely his own doing by going back. But we don't really know the true reason for his return as it was also hinted as family reasons as well and family should always come first (which is a character thing which is also shown in him honouring his contracts). However both sides seemed to want to make it work and without all the uncertainty of what's going on right now, I believe it would've happened already.

6 hours ago, Fred65 said:

That's their job

Indeed. So perhaps not the best, unbiased source of information out there, eh...?

10 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Brings a smile to my face. One person that does actually know some thing about the subject but counter to the cheerleaders get the insults and bad mouthing. Because he doesn't agree with your position there's no need to resort to this. Just imagine every time you hit a sticking point in negotiations you resort to this tactic, there's be no negotiations :)

Perhaps that's why they get the 'bad mouthing' and not because of 'cheerleaders'.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

My final thoughts on Tryamkin. 

I was intrigued when he was drafted and optimistic when he came over. 

I was dissapointed that he refused to sign a 2 way deal. I figured ok nux gave him a nice signing bonus and then he  played only  13 games to count as his first year of ELC. So he must be happy. 

Next year he was pretty good.  Big guy not great on breakouts not the best passer. Quite a few 200 foot icings.

But thought hey next year he could be even better.

Then he leaves for 3 freaking years.  Ok I guess I was wrong that he was happy with how the nux treated him. Now he resigns for another year in the KHL.

He's 26 this August. Will be 27 next August. 

Not a lot of guys have come out of the KHL at 27 and been great in the NHL. Like none.  

Sorry to say but that's the end of the dream that Nikita will become a great or even really good NHL defenceman  here.

Also. This Canuck team is on the rise with some great character guys. Which of them would want this guy as a teammate now?  I'm gonna say nobody.

Edited by fanfor42
Canucks have his rights until summer 22. Absolutely between now and then when the timing is right JB WILL trade his rights to the highest bidder.
  • Cheers 1

Todd Diamond back on the radio today. I'm sure there is a lot more new info to share since the last interview. Buddy should just start a podcast already. Imagine all that discussion over a maybe 5/6 Dman. In the words of Doug Heffernan : Get ovah ya self !

I agree Tryamkin made a big mistake leaving back 3 years ago, Im sure he regrets it.

ive had time to digest the KHL move. Tryamkin can’t sit around when he can be playing hockey, unfortunately its the KHL. Diamond did say Tryamkin was willing to come to Vancouver and train and practice. I have not heard if there’s an out clause, but I would be surprised but also happy if there was.

I still believe Canucks need Tryamkins size...it’s not easy to find a giant good skating Tryamkin player. 

I think Jimbo drop the ball by not communicating and hiding in a cave. You can’t leave people in the dark for months, you gotta at lest say that we haven’t forget and show some respect that the player matters to you. Its just common courtesy.......Is common courtesy a lost art? I do accidentally wonder if it is !

I heard Green talked to Tryamkin for over a hour a few months ago and they really got along. So bothsides do actually want this. Problem was the obvious cap ,and silence from Management. But to be totally fair to management you can’t have Tanev and Stecher in the middle of this playoff tournament knowing a Tryamkin signing is their being replaced next season.

i do think Tryamkin is a likable team mate so I have zero worry of him fitting in.

Anywho I do hope the Tryamkin Canuck dream isn’t fully dead.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I agree Tryamkin made a big mistake leaving back 3 years ago, Im sure he regrets it.

ive had time to digest the KHL move. Tryamkin can’t sit around when he can be playing hockey, unfortunately its the KHL. Diamond did say Tryamkin was willing to come to Vancouver and train and practice. I have not heard if there’s an out clause, but I would be surprised but also happy if there was.

I still believe Canucks need Tryamkins size...it’s not easy to find a giant good skating Tryamkin player. 

I think Jimbo drop the ball by not communicating and hiding in a cave. You can’t leave people in the dark for months, you gotta at lest say that we haven’t forget and show some respect that the player matters to you. Its just common courtesy.......Is common courtesy a lost art? I do accidentally wonder if it is !

I did heard Green talked to Tryamkin for over a hour a few months ago and they really got along. So bothsides do actually want this. Problem was the obvious cap ,and silence from Management. But to be totally fair to management you can’t have Tanev and Stecher in the middle of this playoff tournament knowing a Tryamkin signing is their being replaced next season.

Anywho I do hope the Tryamkin Canuck dream isn’t fully dead.

You seem to be editorializating and projecting a bit there.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You seem to be editorializating and projecting a bit there.

You could be right... I’m just a CDC poster :D if you wanta get quality then look at my penthouse forum posts.

One time I was cleaning a pool in the Hollywood hills and the owner was around. She was an older woman, probably in her early 40’s.  She looked pretty good for her age in a way that money helps.  It was a hot day and I wasn’t wearing a shirt while I worked.  She sat inside the house watching me.  I first noticed her looking while I was getting chlorine she was in the kitchen looking out the window.  Later when I was cleaning the bugs out of the filter I spotted her looking at me from the sun room.” For more visit harryhammer.com

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2020 at 1:50 PM, KyGuy123 said:

The guy just had his first child with the mother and family there to help while he is away. With COVID and the new culture with the child I see no way he was coming over for next year. A one year contract is great news as clearly he wants back over when the situation suits his family better. 

Shows that we should be extremely grateful for Horvat's decision. He didn't travel across the world, but being anywhere other than home is a massive sacrifice for him to make for the team. It shows why he was the easy choice for the captaincy. 

So I haven't been following this situation with a magnifying glass, as I'm a little burnt out on the Tryamkin speculation, but from what I understand: (and please anyone correct me if I'm wrong) 

He wants more than 1 million, something like 1-2? Agent says the team doesn't have the cap space. So because of the contract demands + lack of cap space a deal can't be made. Is that correct?

Going on that, I think Tryamkin asking for a multi million dollar deal is a bit much. There's no guarantee he's a regular. We already have Jordie Benn making 2 Mill as a 7th D.

On the flip side, there's obviously a lack of cap space & its problematic. That's irrefutable. Whether you think its the end of the world or something that can be navigated is another matter & I'm open to both opinions. But its fair to say cap problems are handcuffing them in the bigger picture (and that's exasperated with COVID obviously, as it is for other teams). Its also fair to say some people saw this coming with some contracts they signed in the past.

I hope they can work something out at some point, but if they can't fit Tryamkin in then it is what it is. I don't think he's a top 4. He might not even be a regular. So I wouldn't be bending over backwards to bring him in. If he really wants to come here to play then sign a cheap-ish 1 year deal & show us what you can do. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Covid has affected everybody at every level of life, and work.

Tryamkins situation is no different and needs no real analysis...   He has signed a one year contract with his home club and is presently training for the start of the 20/21 season of the KHL . Regular season begins in September and ends in late Feb.

He has taken this option to stay strong, and skate in games,  rather than wait in uncertainty,

for the possibility to play in the NHL’s 20/21 season to begin in December.

The NHL also is plagued with uncertainty to finish this season , and start another.

So , hypothetically,   Tryamkin finishes his KHL season 2 and a half months after the the next (20/21) NHL season begins,..  

this,.  the season he was hoping to play in here..   and still has the potential to join us then.

Tryamkin will be game ready .. and will have given fair time and handling for Canucks management to prepare for his placement and arrival.    

Given the chaos Covid has created ,   Tryamkin has taken his best option in consideration of all parties involved,..

Including the Canucks.

14 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

You could be right... I’m just a CDC poster :D if you wanta get quality then look at my penthouse forum posts.

One time I was cleaning a pool in the Hollywood hills and the owner was around. She was an older woman, probably in her early 40’s.  She looked pretty good for her age in a way that money helps.  It was a hot day and I wasn’t wearing a shirt while I worked.  She sat inside the house watching me.  I first noticed her looking while I was getting chlorine she was in the kitchen looking out the window.  Later when I was cleaning the bugs out of the filter I spotted her looking at me from the sun room.” For more visit harryhammer.com

Oh my god Harry,..  I can not stop laughing!      Dare we start a new thread and all submit weekly samples on this topic ;)

and / or we infiltate all other Canuck Forum / Army sights with material  lol 

• Cheers 4

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Covid has affected everybody at every level of life, and work.

Tryamkins situation is no different and needs no real analysis...   He has signed a one year contract with his home club and is presently training for the start of the 20/21 season of the KHL . Regular season begins in September and ends in late Feb.

He has taken this option to stay strong, and skate in games,  rather than wait in uncertainty,

for the possibility to play in the NHL’s 20/21 season to begin in December.

The NHL also is plagued with uncertainty to finish this season , and start another.

So , hypothetically,   Tryamkin finishes his KHL season 2 and a half months after the the next (20/21) NHL season begins,..  

this,.  the season he was hoping to play in here..   and still has the potential to join us then.

Tryamkin will be game ready .. and will have given fair time and handling for Canucks management to prepare for his placement and arrival.    

Given the chaos Covid has created ,   Tryamkin has taken his best option in consideration of all parties involved,..

Including the Canucks.

Oh my god Harry,..  I can not stop laughing!      Dare we start a new thread and all submit weekly samples on this topic ;)

and / or we infiltate all other Canuck Forum / Army sights with material  lol 

I believe you hit the nail on the head.

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Except he won’t be able to do that.  They normally have the 1st Dec deadline precisely to avoid a whole bunch of pros coming in mid season and joining NHL teams.  They will adjust it to make sure we don’t get flooded with KHL talent in the middle of the NHL season.