The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

51 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Has anyone heard any details about Tryamkin’s new deal? I.e how much he’s getting paid? Or whether there are any out-clauses?

Just that it's a one year deal. So it sounds temporary, I hope Diamond put an out clause in there. Which can be recouped when he signs a NHL contract. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

"He's not coming back......"

No one is offering him the 2 million that the Canucks were willing to.

It will come down to what the best business decision make sense for him. That has to be considered Vancouver. I doubt any other market would be hyping a 5/6 D man like this.

• Huggy Bear 1

6 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Tryamkins value increased after last nights game.  Minny goals from D and crowded crease.  The Vcr crease should be a no go zone for opponents not a stopping point for a chat  :lol:

Coupla tire fires again last night. 

18 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Tryamkins value increased after last nights game.  Minny goals from D and crowded crease.  The Vcr crease should be a no go zone for opponents not a stopping point for a chat  :lol:

Seen some more tire fires in our zone. Minny forwards skating around our zone with ease. Our crease area looks like a playland line up.

• Cheers 1

On 7/29/2020 at 10:26 AM, SilentSam said:

This just tweeted regarding Podolzkins team in the KHL..

makes a guy wonder if a “bubble” mentality is not used,.  and could ruin the Entire 2020 21 season in the KHL.

Rick Dhaliwal (@DhaliwalSports) Tweeted:
Source ins Russia tells me that #Canucks draft pick Vasily Podkolzin's team has shut down training camp for a while due to covid 19 concerns.

Podkolzin is healthy and has not tested positive.

Average age in the study was 49. Not many NHLers playing at age 49. No control for overall cardio fitness to begin with. If you are more fit do you resist the disease (and cardio) damage more successfully. In addition, there was no control for people having heart anomalies  (or not) prior to infection. Did covid cause the damage or did these people already have anomalies and were therefor more susceptible to damage. The studies are a long way from being definitive on anything.

On 8/4/2020 at 4:55 AM, Ray_Cathode said:

Average age in the study was 49. Not many NHLers playing at age 49. No control for overall cardio fitness to begin with. If you are more fit do you resist the disease (and cardio) damage more successfully. In addition, there was no control for people having heart anomalies  (or not) prior to infection. Did covid cause the damage or did these people already have anomalies and were therefor more susceptible to damage. The studies are a long way from being definitive on anything.

Uh yeah...

The evidence of what covid does is not as shallow as you push.  

I don't even support masks and other such crap...but I don't deny the evidence we actually have lol (yeah...i'm sure all the corpses that died from covid had those bodily issues before).

On 8/4/2020 at 4:55 AM, Ray_Cathode said:

it's not about them getting sick, it's about them spreading it to people who will.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

On 7/30/2020 at 4:49 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

Just that it's a one year deal. So it sounds temporary, I hope Diamond put an out clause in there. Which can be recouped when he signs a NHL contract. 

Most likely no NHL season next year so him staying in the KHL made the most sense. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/31/2020 at 1:49 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

Diamond is probably not his KHL agent.  The KHL banned a long list of NHL agents from doing business there earlier this year.  Contracts are likely also not done in English.  Probably will have to wait until 2021/22 for him to possibly play for the Canucks.

8 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Most likely no NHL season next year so him staying in the KHL made the most sense. 

I'm sure the league must be thinking about what a regular season might look like.  I really haven't.

Would a regular season be dependent on an effective vaccine?  Or, could they do it somehow in a bubble or series of bubbles? Could fans attend?  It's hard to imagine an 82 game season + a full set of playoffs without a vaccine.  I think the most optimistic reports suggest that a vaccine may be available early in the new year.

So far, the bubble seems to be working very well.  Zero positive tests as far as I know.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Diamond is probably not his KHL agent.  The KHL banned a long list of NHL agents from doing business there earlier this year.  Contracts are likely also not done in English.  Probably will have to wait until 2021/22 for him to possibly play for the Canucks.

It's a 1 year contract so end of March at the earliest.  I hardly think Tryamkin is the savior of the Canucks D anyways.

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

It's a 1 year contract so end of March at the earliest.  I hardly think Tryamkin is the savior of the Canucks D anyways.

He is a RFA and there's a signing deadline for RFAs - he can't join past a certain date once the NHL season is underway.  In the past it was 1 December for an October start date.

• Thanks 1

One thing that stood out for me in game 5 was the Tanev winning goal. Stalock  never saw the shot, why ? well Minny had Spurgeon out trying to clear the crease,  a task he just not up to. He's a diminutive D unable to hold his own in the crease ( good offense ) but crap at clearing the crease. That goal is not scored on the ST L  defense. Hello Tryamkin, :)

Edited by Fred65
  • Haha 1