Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Fred65 said:

That's their job

Indeed. So perhaps not the best, unbiased source of information out there, eh...?

 

10 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Brings a smile to my face. One person that does actually know some thing about the subject but counter to the cheerleaders get the insults and bad mouthing. Because he doesn't agree with your position there's no need to resort to this. Just imagine every time you hit a sticking point in negotiations you resort to this tactic, there's be no negotiations :)

 

Perhaps that's why they get the 'bad mouthing' and not because of 'cheerleaders'.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My final thoughts on Tryamkin. 

I was intrigued when he was drafted and optimistic when he came over. 

I was dissapointed that he refused to sign a 2 way deal. I figured ok nux gave him a nice signing bonus and then he  played only  13 games to count as his first year of ELC. So he must be happy. 

 

Next year he was pretty good.  Big guy not great on breakouts not the best passer. Quite a few 200 foot icings.

But thought hey next year he could be even better.

 

Then he leaves for 3 freaking years.  Ok I guess I was wrong that he was happy with how the nux treated him. Now he resigns for another year in the KHL.

 

He's 26 this August. Will be 27 next August. 

 

Not a lot of guys have come out of the KHL at 27 and been great in the NHL. Like none.  

 

Sorry to say but that's the end of the dream that Nikita will become a great or even really good NHL defenceman  here.

 

Also. This Canuck team is on the rise with some great character guys. Which of them would want this guy as a teammate now?  I'm gonna say nobody.

Edited by fanfor42
Canucks have his rights until summer 22. Absolutely between now and then when the timing is right JB WILL trade his rights to the highest bidder.
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Todd Diamond back on the radio today. I'm sure there is a lot more new info to share since the last interview. Buddy should just start a podcast already. Imagine all that discussion over a maybe 5/6 Dman. In the words of Doug Heffernan : Get ovah ya self !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I agree Tryamkin made a big mistake leaving back 3 years ago, Im sure he regrets it.

 

ive had time to digest the KHL move. Tryamkin can’t sit around when he can be playing hockey, unfortunately its the KHL. Diamond did say Tryamkin was willing to come to Vancouver and train and practice. I have not heard if there’s an out clause, but I would be surprised but also happy if there was.

 

I still believe Canucks need Tryamkins size...it’s not easy to find a giant good skating Tryamkin player. 

 

I think Jimbo drop the ball by not communicating and hiding in a cave. You can’t leave people in the dark for months, you gotta at lest say that we haven’t forget and show some respect that the player matters to you. Its just common courtesy.......Is common courtesy a lost art? I do accidentally wonder if it is !

 

I heard Green talked to Tryamkin for over a hour a few months ago and they really got along. So bothsides do actually want this. Problem was the obvious cap ,and silence from Management. But to be totally fair to management you can’t have Tanev and Stecher in the middle of this playoff tournament knowing a Tryamkin signing is their being replaced next season.

 

i do think Tryamkin is a likable team mate so I have zero worry of him fitting in.

 

Anywho I do hope the Tryamkin Canuck dream isn’t fully dead.

 

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I agree Tryamkin made a big mistake leaving back 3 years ago, Im sure he regrets it.

 

ive had time to digest the KHL move. Tryamkin can’t sit around when he can be playing hockey, unfortunately its the KHL. Diamond did say Tryamkin was willing to come to Vancouver and train and practice. I have not heard if there’s an out clause, but I would be surprised but also happy if there was.

 

I still believe Canucks need Tryamkins size...it’s not easy to find a giant good skating Tryamkin player. 

 

I think Jimbo drop the ball by not communicating and hiding in a cave. You can’t leave people in the dark for months, you gotta at lest say that we haven’t forget and show some respect that the player matters to you. Its just common courtesy.......Is common courtesy a lost art? I do accidentally wonder if it is !

 

I did heard Green talked to Tryamkin for over a hour a few months ago and they really got along. So bothsides do actually want this. Problem was the obvious cap ,and silence from Management. But to be totally fair to management you can’t have Tanev and Stecher in the middle of this playoff tournament knowing a Tryamkin signing is their being replaced next season.

 

Anywho I do hope the Tryamkin Canuck dream isn’t fully dead.

You seem to be editorializating and projecting a bit there.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You seem to be editorializating and projecting a bit there.

You could be right... I’m just a CDC poster :D if you wanta get quality then look at my penthouse forum posts.

One time I was cleaning a pool in the Hollywood hills and the owner was around. She was an older woman, probably in her early 40’s.  She looked pretty good for her age in a way that money helps.  It was a hot day and I wasn’t wearing a shirt while I worked.  She sat inside the house watching me.  I first noticed her looking while I was getting chlorine she was in the kitchen looking out the window.  Later when I was cleaning the bugs out of the filter I spotted her looking at me from the sun room.” For more visit harryhammer.com

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2020 at 1:50 PM, KyGuy123 said:

The guy just had his first child with the mother and family there to help while he is away. With COVID and the new culture with the child I see no way he was coming over for next year. A one year contract is great news as clearly he wants back over when the situation suits his family better. 

 

Shows that we should be extremely grateful for Horvat's decision. He didn't travel across the world, but being anywhere other than home is a massive sacrifice for him to make for the team. It shows why he was the easy choice for the captaincy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So I haven't been following this situation with a magnifying glass, as I'm a little burnt out on the Tryamkin speculation, but from what I understand: (and please anyone correct me if I'm wrong) 

He wants more than 1 million, something like 1-2? Agent says the team doesn't have the cap space. So because of the contract demands + lack of cap space a deal can't be made. Is that correct?
 

Going on that, I think Tryamkin asking for a multi million dollar deal is a bit much. There's no guarantee he's a regular. We already have Jordie Benn making 2 Mill as a 7th D.

On the flip side, there's obviously a lack of cap space & its problematic. That's irrefutable. Whether you think its the end of the world or something that can be navigated is another matter & I'm open to both opinions. But its fair to say cap problems are handcuffing them in the bigger picture (and that's exasperated with COVID obviously, as it is for other teams). Its also fair to say some people saw this coming with some contracts they signed in the past.

 

I hope they can work something out at some point, but if they can't fit Tryamkin in then it is what it is. I don't think he's a top 4. He might not even be a regular. So I wouldn't be bending over backwards to bring him in. If he really wants to come here to play then sign a cheap-ish 1 year deal & show us what you can do. 
 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Covid has affected everybody at every level of life, and work.

Tryamkins situation is no different and needs no real analysis...   He has signed a one year contract with his home club and is presently training for the start of the 20/21 season of the KHL . Regular season begins in September and ends in late Feb.

 

He has taken this option to stay strong, and skate in games,  rather than wait in uncertainty,

 for the possibility to play in the NHL’s 20/21 season to begin in December.

The NHL also is plagued with uncertainty to finish this season , and start another.

 

So , hypothetically,   Tryamkin finishes his KHL season 2 and a half months after the the next (20/21) NHL season begins,..  

this,.  the season he was hoping to play in here..   and still has the potential to join us then.

 

Tryamkin will be game ready .. and will have given fair time and handling for Canucks management to prepare for his placement and arrival.    

Given the chaos Covid has created ,   Tryamkin has taken his best option in consideration of all parties involved,..

Including the Canucks.

 

 

14 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

You could be right... I’m just a CDC poster :D if you wanta get quality then look at my penthouse forum posts.

One time I was cleaning a pool in the Hollywood hills and the owner was around. She was an older woman, probably in her early 40’s.  She looked pretty good for her age in a way that money helps.  It was a hot day and I wasn’t wearing a shirt while I worked.  She sat inside the house watching me.  I first noticed her looking while I was getting chlorine she was in the kitchen looking out the window.  Later when I was cleaning the bugs out of the filter I spotted her looking at me from the sun room.” For more visit harryhammer.com

Oh my god Harry,..  I can not stop laughing!      Dare we start a new thread and all submit weekly samples on this topic ;)

 

and / or we infiltate all other Canuck Forum / Army sights with material  lol 

  • Hydration 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Covid has affected everybody at every level of life, and work.

Tryamkins situation is no different and needs no real analysis...   He has signed a one year contract with his home club and is presently training for the start of the 20/21 season of the KHL . Regular season begins in September and ends in late Feb.

 

He has taken this option to stay strong, and skate in games,  rather than wait in uncertainty,

 for the possibility to play in the NHL’s 20/21 season to begin in December.

The NHL also is plagued with uncertainty to finish this season , and start another.

 

So , hypothetically,   Tryamkin finishes his KHL season 2 and a half months after the the next (20/21) NHL season begins,..  

this,.  the season he was hoping to play in here..   and still has the potential to join us then.

 

Tryamkin will be game ready .. and will have given fair time and handling for Canucks management to prepare for his placement and arrival.    

Given the chaos Covid has created ,   Tryamkin has taken his best option in consideration of all parties involved,..

Including the Canucks.

 

 

Oh my god Harry,..  I can not stop laughing!      Dare we start a new thread and all submit weekly samples on this topic ;)

 

and / or we infiltate all other Canuck Forum / Army sights with material  lol 

I believe you hit the nail on the head.

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

 

So , hypothetically,   Tryamkin finishes his KHL season 2 and a half months after the the next (20/21) NHL season begins,..  

this,.  the season he was hoping to play in here..   and still has the potential to join us then.

Except he won’t be able to do that.  They normally have the 1st Dec deadline precisely to avoid a whole bunch of pros coming in mid season and joining NHL teams.  They will adjust it to make sure we don’t get flooded with KHL talent in the middle of the NHL season.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Provost said:

Except he won’t be able to do that.  They normally have the 1st Dec deadline precisely to avoid a whole bunch of pros coming in mid season and joining NHL teams.  They will adjust it to make sure we don’t get flooded with KHL talent in the middle of the NHL season.

 

 

I beleive they would have to push that date by 3 months , that takes it into March.

It would be wrong for the league not to allow teams access to the talent they have fairly acquired through the draft or College and have rights to NHL Clubs already.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I beleive they would have to push that date by 3 months , that takes it into March.

It would be wrong for the league not to allow teams access to the talent they have fairly acquired through the draft or College and have rights to NHL Clubs already.

Tryamkin is a RFA and has different rules than college players who are going to sign their 1st NHL contracts.  Podkolzin can join as soon as his KHL club releases him regardless of when that is because he will be signing an ELC.  Tryamkin is a RFA - different rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I beleive they would have to push that date by 3 months , that takes it into March.

It would be wrong for the league not to allow teams access to the talent they have fairly acquired through the draft or College and have rights to NHL Clubs already.

They currently stop teams from getting pro players injected partway through the year.... there is no response to believe they won’t continue to do it.

 

Not only is is disruptive, it is a way to circumvent the cap.  It is one thing getting kids from college or getting them on their first ELC (which is allowed), it is another thing getting dozens of fully fledged experienced pro players parachuted in mid season.

 

It is almost certain they will ensure the new deadline signing date is before the end of the KHL season to avoid it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we can close the book on the Tryamkin years for Vancouver.

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stawns said:

I think we can close the book on the Tryamkin years for Vancouver.

I can only hope he's done in Vancouver but you know the speculation and imaginary stories about his athletic prowess and hockey excellence will continue until next year when we finally relinquish his rights one way or another.

  • Vintage 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It ain't over til it's over.  

There's an ember there in them ashes.

  • Hydration 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This is a strange year with Covid  and everything. So buying time , having another year to decide on Tryamkin isn't a bad thing.

Edited by Beefcake
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

It ain't over til it's over.  

There's an ember there in them ashes.

I got to give it up to you and Sam. Stay strong. I still think he's a fat Myers with a tiny tiny tiny fraction of the hockey skill. In fact I'd be insulted if I was Myers.

 

We shall see.

 

He's the Shaquille O'Neill of rap, calling his own shots, getting high on his own stink, thinking he's awesome.

 

I deserve to get paid baby!

 

 

 

 

Edited by Gawdzukes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahahaha to the bitter end!

This season is so messed up anyways. 

 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.