The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Actually Edler for Hamonic would solve a lot of problems.   If Hutton-Hamonic was the first pairing, they would complement each other pretty well.  As a second or shut-down pairing, Sbisa-Tanev might work, especially if Tanev can work his stabilizing magic and let Sbisa be the physical guy.  A third pairing of Pedan-Larsen would be pretty inexperienced, but at least their skill sets add up to a decent whole.  Alternatively Biega on the right side would add a bit more nastiness and experience, not to mention familiarity with Pedan from Utica.  This is not a world-beating lineup, but it's a lot more balanced than what we've got now.  Note that I'm leaving Hamhuis and Tryamkin out of the picture but probably one of them will be here.  If they land Tryamkin, Hamhuis may be off to greener pastures but if not, he could well be back.  We have such a log-jam at LD, though, that finding a place for Hammer means letting some of the younger guys go.  I really don't want to see Pedan exposed to waivers.

Apparently you've been reading my posts :P

16 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Actually Edler for Hamonic would solve a lot of problems.   If Hutton-Hamonic was the first pairing, they would complement each other pretty well.  As a second or shut-down pairing, Sbisa-Tanev might work, especially if Tanev can work his stabilizing magic and let Sbisa be the physical guy.  A third pairing of Pedan-Larsen would be pretty inexperienced, but at least their skill sets add up to a decent whole.  Alternatively Biega on the right side would add a bit more nastiness and experience, not to mention familiarity with Pedan from Utica.  This is not a world-beating lineup, but it's a lot more balanced than what we've got now.  Note that I'm leaving Hamhuis and Tryamkin out of the picture but probably one of them will be here.  If they land Tryamkin, Hamhuis may be off to greener pastures but if not, he could well be back.  We have such a log-jam at LD, though, that finding a place for Hammer means letting some of the younger guys go.  I really don't want to see Pedan exposed to waivers.

If Hammer comes back, we certainly do have a logjam at LD: Hutton, Sbisa, Edler, Hammer, Pedan, Tryamkin. Someone's got to go. Can we carry two extra dman with the big club? 

On RD we've got: Larsen, Tanev, Biega. 

It's not looking very good. lol. we may be up for first overall next year (poor draft year to tank in...). 

34 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

If Hammer comes back, we certainly do have a logjam at LD: Hutton, Sbisa, Edler, Hammer, Pedan, Tryamkin. Someone's got to go. Can we carry two extra dman with the big club? 

On RD we've got: Larsen, Tanev, Biega. 

It's not looking very good. lol. we may be up for first overall next year (poor draft year to tank in...). 

If you get first overall pick , you get first shot at a superstar. Every year has at least one great player, its the clubs job to find that player

HF Ranking Spring 2016

16. (17) Nikita Tryamkin, D, 6.5D
Drafted 3rd round, 66th overall, 2014

Nikita Tryamkin is now in his fourth season with Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg and has continually shown signs of progress. The next step is to get the hulking Russian over to North America so he can learn to play on the smaller ice-surface. Tryamkin is a pretty good bet to receive an entry-level contract this summer and if that happens he is sure to be suiting up for the Utica Comets next season. Still a few years away from an NHL job, the Canucks will be hoping Tryamkin can evolve into a punishing shut-down defender

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 2:29 PM, SilentSam said:

I think the only bright spots on our D this year are  Hutton, Biegga, Bartowski, Sbisa, and even Pedan for the lone game he appeared in (on D).

Everyone else has leveled their play,. Including Tanev, who might be worth dealing to NYI for Hamonic if possible or Florida for rights to RFA Gudbranson.

time for the re-vamp to help our forward core .. Tryamkin, Pedan, Larsen.. All look promising for next year. Also keeping an eye out for David Sheilds signed a PTO with Utica , he was buried in the St Louis System .. apparently been looking good under Coach TG.

I agree with your assessment of Tanev. The issue is whether he has peaked or not or whether his play could elevate further in a different pairing. What is the safest way to deal with him. My take is as your's move him if you can get another RD like Hamonic. The down side risk is greater with Tanev by far. Opposing teams play the body on Tanev almost at every opportunity. Can he stand up to that physical play in CUP play and through his career. We won't even talk about injury or shot blocking knocking him out of games.

Many Canuck fans want to move Edler and that will always be an option. If Van was to get Hamonic as 1RD then there is potential for Hutton to inherit 1LD which allows Edler to drop to 2LD with less TOI and a more defensive game. It keeps his size on the d-core which has been a chronic problem in Vancouver. This might not happen next fall but could develop over the season. There is no doubt that the d-core is the biggest team problem and that the group will be in flux next year.

A deal giving up Tanev and possibly Hansen for Hamonic is outside the box. Such a deal boosts the d-core and even allows Benning some flexibility at the Draft. IMHO Van needs a 1C and 1D prospect. The issue is Van could be taking #3 - #6 and if BPA is an option it becomes more viable if Hamonic was a done deal.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:

Ryan Biech ‏@ryanbiech  5m5 minutes ago

#Canucks prospect Nikita Tryamkin's KHL season is over - let the speculation begin!

What was the consensus on him coming over to play in Utica...? Would the Comets have to sign him?

Even if his (hopefully not too serious) arm/shoulder injury keeps him sidelined for a month or so, he`s be nice to have in the Comets back pocket come playoff time. It would also give coaches time to work with him, show him video, get acclimated to North America etc...

Edited by J.R.

20 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Is there any indication if he actually wants to try playing in North America?

Well it's getting old now, but when drafted in the summer of 2014 he was quoted as follows:

“The (KHL) money is not an issue,” Tryamkin said with Chibisov translating. “Coming to the NHL is the next step in (my) career. It’s the best league in the world.

“I want to come.”

http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/06/28/canucks-can-draft-russians-again-and-they-get-a-huge-one/

At the time I also remember seeing a quote in which he said he intended to honour his contract with Avtomobilist, which at the time had two more seasons.

btw, as has previously been mentioned contracts in the KHL run through April 30, so even though his season is over it would require co-operation from that KHL team for him to be available before then.

Edited by tyhee
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, wshdrvvn said:

best case scenario IMO, sign a contract that starts next year and a PTO with Utica for the remainder of this year.  barring the severity of his reported injury.

Wish some of our useless sports media in this town would do some digging in this regard...

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, canuckpuckluck15 said:

If you get first overall pick , you get first shot at a superstar. Every year has at least one great player, its the clubs job to find that player

yes. but first overall doesn't guarantee a superstar player. sounds to me like 2017 is one of those draft years where there's no clear consensus of the number overall player. not like this year where it's been Matthews that's clearly gonna be the number one pick in the draft. 

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Wish some of our useless sports media in this town would do some digging in this regard...

The Big Russian Bear will be on our team come September.  He's a competitor, and these guys want to compete against the best. We are going to have three Russian Bears on our blue line soon:  Tryamkin, Padan, and Sergachev.  Three BIG, mean, tough, and nasty dudes.  

Just now, Alflives said:

The Big Russian Bear will be on our team come September.  He's a competitor, and these guys want to compete against the best. We are going to have three Russian Bears on our blue line soon:  Tryamkin, Padan, and Sergachev.  Three BIG, mean, tough, and nasty dudes.  

:wub:

• Upvote 1

Hearing the plan if signed is to have Tryamkin report to the #Canucks - not the Comets in Utica.

VAN sources say the #Caucks are trying to sign defenseman Nikita Tryamkin but are dealing with some cap issues.

Edited by Mackcanuck