6 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

You're not the only one.  Now if Benning can only find the cap space to sign hometown boy & RHD Brendan Dillon, to add to Myers & Tryamkin for next year's playoffs, we won't have to endure anymore nightmares where Vegas (or anyone else) runs over all our D and pins us in our own end for minutes at a time again!

I believe Dillon is a LHD, but I get what your point is.

9 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

You're not the only one.  Now if Benning can only find the cap space to sign hometown boy & RHD Brendan Dillon, to add to Myers & Tryamkin for next year's playoffs, we won't have to endure anymore nightmares where Vegas (or anyone else) runs over all our D and pins us in our own end for minutes at a time again!

Dillon is a Lefty and his speed isn't very good and will likely be exposed by that during his next contract. I would pass unless the term is shorter and cap hit under 4m

I don't know why Benning didn't resign Schenn last year - he melded well with Hughes in the last 5 games of the season.  Now he partners Hedman on Tampas 1st D pairing.  Go figure

Just now, Googlie said:

I don't know why Benning didn't resign Schenn last year - he melded well with Hughes in the last 5 games of the season.  Now he partners Hedman on Tampas 1st D pairing.  Go figure

there was interest from our side, he chose Tampa. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Robert Long said:

there was interest from our side, he chose Tampa. 

Ah - I didnt know that.  I just thought that JB felt with Myers' signing that he had the right D covered

16 hours ago, Googlie said:

Yup.  We wanted him to come back, but he chose the team best shot at winning lord Stanley even settled for a 2 way contract with tampa  at the bare minimum instead of a one way with us.  and more money.  Props to him I think he wants to win a cup after seeing his bro do it.

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1

16 hours ago, Googlie said:

Yup.  We wanted him to come back, but he chose the team best shot at winning lord Stanley even settled for a 2 way contract with tampa  at the bare minimum instead of a one way with us.  and more money.  Props to him I think he wants to win a cup after seeing his bro do it.

Official KHL announcement about the postponement of six regular season games.

Six regular season games involving Barys, which were scheduled to take place between Sep. 18 and Oct. 1, are postponed until a later date. The games affected are Barys vs Dinamo Riga (Sep. 18) and the next five road games at Severstal (Sep. 20), Metallurg (Sep. 22), Kunlun Red Star (Sep. 27), Vityaz (Sep. 29) and HC Sochi (Oct. 1).

Following preliminary positive tests for coronavirus involving 12 members of the playing and coaching staff, the team must undergo two weeks in quarantine.

The dates and times of the rearranged games will be confirmed by the KHL later, once a new schedule can be agreed with the clubs involved.

Edited by Hairy Kneel

28 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:
Official KHL announcement about the postponement of six regular season games.

Six regular season games involving Barys, which were scheduled to take place between Sep. 18 and Oct. 1, are postponed until a later date. The games affected are Barys vs Dinamo Riga (Sep. 18) and the next five road games at Severstal (Sep. 20), Metallurg (Sep. 22), Kunlun Red Star (Sep. 27), Vityaz (Sep. 29) and HC Sochi (Oct. 1).

Following preliminary positive tests for coronavirus involving 12 members of the playing and coaching staff, the team must undergo two weeks in quarantine.

The dates and times of the rearranged games will be confirmed by the KHL later, once a new schedule can be agreed with the clubs involved.

They need to start distributing that full proof Sputnik-V vaccine to the KHL players.

• Haha 1

On 9/16/2020 at 3:52 PM, Googlie said:

He averages 11 minutes a game during the playoffs and 12 and a half during the regular season. That's peanuts for defenseman.

He is still an extra defenseman but I might have liked him here over Benn. He did bring a solid physical presence here. Alas he chose the best chance to win the cup.

• Upvote 1

30+ mins of ice,  38 shifts,   ... Peters likes him.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

On 9/17/2020 at 5:18 PM, Junkyard Dog said:

He averages 11 minutes a game during the playoffs and 12 and a half during the regular season. That's peanuts for defenseman.

He is still an extra defenseman but I might have liked him here over Benn. He did bring a solid physical presence here. Alas he chose the best chance to win the cup.

... and with Tampa Bay, Schenn has been a 3rd pairing rock in the playoffs.  He hasn’t been on the ice for a single goal against at even strength for the whole playoffs.

8 minutes ago, Provost said:

... and with Tampa Bay, Schenn has been a 3rd pairing rock in the playoffs.  He hasn’t been on the ice for a single goal against at even strength for the whole playoffs.

Really is a shame we couldn't get him to stay but clearly he made the right choice for a chance at a cup.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

What a nice setup by Datsyuk in OT!  

“The wizard” still has magic Habs.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Provost said:

Overblown IMO.

If they viewed him as valuable, reliable or good they would play him more than 10:52 a game. Doesn't get scored on because he barely plays enough to warrant that. I don't think you could call that Schenn a 3rd pairing rock when he so little. A solid 3rd pair D should be able to play 17-20 minutes reliably.

They seem to have more faith in Rutta who just came into the lineup to take out Schenn and played 17 minutes his first playoff game and is playing now.

Just looking over KHL stats, through 8 games so far this season, among defensemen, Tryamkin is 7th in TOI/GP (23:29), 5th in shifts/GP (31), 7th in points (5), 7th in +/- (+5), 6th in hits (17), 2nd in blocked shots (22), 20th in PIM (6), and 21st in shots on goal (15).

EDIT: And from earlier today:

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 2

Tryamkin with 2 assists today. First was a rebound put in off a hard Tryamkin slap shot from the left point,  second goal was a tip off a strong snap shot by Tryamkin from the blue line and deflected in.

Coach Peter's has Tryamkin on the 2nd pp unit.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Thanks 2
  • Hydration 2