The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Tram and his agent is just going to wait until the Canucks rights expire. 

Then if he's not in a KHL contract he will sign with another NHL team.

Time to move on. Stop clinging onto false hope he's coming back. 

I don’t think it’s false hope when you put together the comments from his agent, him and benning, while he may not come back it looks like an olive branch has been extended both ways and both sides were looking to work constructively to find a solution that fits for both parties.

I think that come the end of the KHL season we have a fair shot of landing him on a decent contract 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

I don’t think it’s false hope when you put together the comments from his agent, him and benning, while he may not come back it looks like an olive branch has been extended both ways and both sides were looking to work constructively to find a solution that fits for both parties.

I think that come the end of the KHL season we have a fair shot of landing him on a decent contract 

What has happened with Tram is best for Tram and the Canucks...to me it looks like both sides are on the same page and working together.

However, time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

What has happened with Tram is best for Tram and the Canucks...to me it looks like both sides are on the same page and working together.

However, time will tell.

That’s how I read it as well.

doesnt mean we will be able to sign him but I think we are in the best possible place to given everything 

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It’s more about eligibility. RFAs that don’t sign a new NHL SPC (standard player contract) before December 1st are not eligible to play in the NHL that season.

Of course, with COVID-19, that December 1st deadline will likely be pushed back a couple months, since the season won’t even be started yet in early December. I haven’t heard anything about what the new date might be. But I suspect Tryamkin won’t be finished his KHL season in time, regardless. 

So he can sign after his 2020-21 KHL season finishes. But he probably won’t be eligible to play in the NHL until the 2021-22 season.

EDIT: I suppose with an out clause he could potentially leave his KHL team mid season, before the RFA signing deadline, and sign an new contract with Vancouver and join the team. That’s probably what you were asking, lol. Sorry, I’m tired and missed that. So yeah, that could work, if he had an out clause and negotiated a 2020-21 NHL SPC before the deadline.

Yes haha the bolded part is what I was asking :lol: Hopefully they'll move the deadline due to the adjusted schedule, but I could still see him wanting to finish out what he started with his teammates this year which can't be mad at... Catch 22 really in that scenario.

59 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

Yes haha the bolded part is what I was asking :lol: Hopefully they'll move the deadline due to the adjusted schedule, but I could still see him wanting to finish out what he started with his teammates this year which can't be mad at... Catch 22 really in that scenario.

It's what a character guy would do, so, yes, we can't complain if he fulfills his obligations

• Cheers 1

I sure hope the possibility of an out clause comes to fruition for this year.

Honestly, the fact we didn’t land on a contract with this guy when we could have a couple of months ago hurt more than losing Tanev and Stecher to unrestricted free agency.

I’ll be so pumped when we bring Tryamkin back.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I sure hope the possibility of an out clause comes to fruition for this year.

Honestly, the fact we didn’t land on a contract with this guy when we could have a couple of months ago hurt more than losing Tanev and Stecher to unrestricted free agency.

I’ll be so pumped when we bring Tryamkin back.

If there was an out clause, we would've heard about it already. The only way I believe is if he buys out his own contract.

Both sides were uncertain about when the next season would begin. This way Tryamkin gets paid now. The good news is that there is interest from his side and there still seems to be. He will come over next year with Podkolzin, so they can make each other feel more comfortable being here.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

What is the issue? Russian season is finished by the time nhl season starts. He can sign then

the issue is that he is an RFA, as such normally they have to sign prior to December 1st in order to play that season. In a normal situation the KHL season would finish in March and he wouldn't be able to play in the NHL until the following season - that is why we didn't see him this year. 

However this season depending on when the NHL season starts and what date they use for the RFA deadline he might be able to come over, however if that's before the end of the KHL it would be 21-22 season when he would feature

That’s not an issue at all then

Due to the extenuating circumstances they will change the dates to fit this new NHL schedule and so many RFA’s get an opportunity to sign. 

6 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

the issue is that he is an RFA, as such normally they have to sign prior to December 1st in order to play that season. In a normal situation the KHL season would finish in March and he wouldn't be able to play in the NHL until the following season - that is why we didn't see him this year. 

However this season depending on when the NHL season starts and what date they use for the RFA deadline he might be able to come over, however if that's before the end of the KHL it would be 21-22 season when he would feature

• Cheers 1

Nikita racking up those minutes.  Third time this season he has racked up north of 25 minutes.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/123119/nikita-tryamkin

According to eliteprospects Nikita wearing the "A" again and is on pace to match his totals in his first year back in the KHL with 25 points and 109 PIMS and subsequently tallied two 11 point seasons afterwards.  Nikita growing confidence again and looking like a good player to have in a years time.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Nikita racking up those minutes.  Third time this season he has racked up north of 25 minutes.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/123119/nikita-tryamkin

According to eliteprospects Nikita wearing the "A" again and is on pace to match his totals in his first year back in the KHL with 25 points and 109 PIMS and subsequently tallied two 11 point seasons afterwards.  Nikita growing confidence again and looking like a good player to have in a years time.

Really good that he’s becoming a minute muncher in the KHL, if we get him back over here be good to have someone able to just eat up the TOI doing the hard work