Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D


Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Hosjes said:

Everyone talking about Canucks buying out his khl contract are seemingly forgetting aquillinis dont want to be wasting any $$$ right now everyone trying not to spend any extra dead money

They saved a bunch today when Jim dozed off for 40 minutes

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Hosjes said:

Everyone talking about Canucks buying out his khl contract are seemingly forgetting aquillinis dont want to be wasting any $$$ right now everyone trying not to spend any extra dead money

He can buy out his own contract with his own money.

The most his buy out would cost is 2/3rds of his money owed on his contract.

His contract has been reported as 900,000. Usd.

So at the beginning of his season it would have cost him the most at 600k.

The buy out is probably around 400k right now.

The Canuck franchise can have nothing to do with it.. legally, or otherwise. That would be tampering.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Sid,.  The KHL has an out clause for him, I just hope his agent specified this possible scenario to his KHL Club..

I copied and pasted this from the KHL Regulations, and from my earlier post here.

Yeah, sorry, I wasn’t really clear there. You’re right that every KHL contract has a form of “out clause” by virtue of the termination agreement, where the player pays 2/3 of remaining salary (or 1/3 for older guys), to break their deals.

 

But AFAIK, the KHL also allows for “out clauses” to be written into contracts, with a negotiated fee, or in some cases, no fee at all, required for the KHL player to break their deal and leave for the NHL.

 

I’m not 100% on whether or not this is still the case. The KHL has, like the NHL, agreements and regulations that change and get renegotiated, so I’m not sure how they currently operate around player specific “out clauses” written into contracts.

 

You can read about one here from a few years ago:

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/professional/sobotka-can-t-get-out-of-khl-contract/article_b6c2ec14-cb80-5f1b-ad44-5e549afe38f7.html
 

Kinda shady situations where Sobotka has his deal renegotiated and he signed it without realizing his out clause (which was included in the first version) had been removed, without his knowledge.

 

I believe Sobotka fired his agent shortly after this happened.

 

So a player can have an out clause written into his deal that allows him to bypass the standard termination agreement and fees, and simply just bolt when he wants to go back to the NHL, without being on the hook for any money.

 

I don’t think Tryamkin has this type of out clause, however.

 

But he certainly has the right to pursue termination, under the KHL agreement you cited. I’m just not sure he’d be willing to shell out the money for that.

 

And I’m not sure the NHL club is allowed to pay it for him. They were allowed to do that stuff in the good old days, but I think now, it might be considered circumvention for an NHL team to cover the termination fees for a KHL player they plan to sign. It’d be kind of like giving the player extra money off the books.

 

EDIT: The last paragraph above is indeed the case. NHL teams can’t help out with termination fees. It is circumvention. The article I linked makes this clear near the end.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Certainly that 400K would be affordable, if Tryamkin were leaving the KHL to sign a $2-3M contract with the Canucks. He’d still make more money for the year, even paying that fee out of his own pocket. It will be interesting to see what he does (and what the Canucks do), but it’s conceivable that he could be signed for opening day of the Canucks’ 2020-21 season. He’d just need to come up with that ~400K termination fee, which he’d make back (and more) fairly quickly. It would appear to be in his financial interest to do this, if the Canucks decide to bring him back.

 

Still, I’m not sure if he’ll do it or not. I have a feeling he might just finish out the deal, even if it doesn’t make the most sense, financially speaking. Tryamkin seems to be a guy who believes in honouring his commitments, and I could see him completing the full KHL season, before making his next move.

Agree on that and there's also the fact that if he terminates in KHL and join NHL for camp and a season start 1/1 2021 he's in for a VERY long season all in all, not sure that's a good approach. Not sure what the Canucks' take is either, maybe they've already written him off until 21/22.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

He can buy out his own contract with his own money.

The most his buy out would cost is 2/3rds of his money owed on his contract.

His contract has been reported as 900,000. Usd.

So at the beginning of his season it would have cost him the most at 600k.

The buy out is probably around 400k right now.

The Canuck franchise can have nothing to do with it.. legally, or otherwise. That would be tampering.

Why would it be tampering? The NHL doesn't have any agreements with the KHL. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Why would it be tampering? The NHL doesn't have any agreements with the KHL. 

Bettman would make up some rule then slap a retroactive fine on Vancouver, following precedent.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Bettman would make up some rule then slap a retroactive fine on Vancouver, following precedent.

Probably would, but it’s not tampering.

 

how do you think player acquisitions happen in La Liga where there are exit clauses that are mandatory and the player has to pay it?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Why would it be tampering? The NHL doesn't have any agreements with the KHL. 

Boud’s I read this last night at a late hour,.  Re-reading it this morning, realizing it’s date, and it’s a dated agreement,

i am probably mistaken with that comment, cheers.

5F00AC23-223F-4C95-9E66-4E74AD5A7BB8.png

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Tram and his agent is just going to wait until the Canucks rights expire. 

Then if he's not in a KHL contract he will sign with another NHL team.

Time to move on. Stop clinging onto false hope he's coming back. 

 

 

 

Almost 30 mins of ice today,  Peters is bringing the best out of him..    and I think Datsyk could easily fit in Tryamkins Duffle bag.

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Tram and his agent is just going to wait until the Canucks rights expire. 

Then if he's not in a KHL contract he will sign with another NHL team.

Time to move on. Stop clinging onto false hope he's coming back. 

 

I don’t think it’s false hope when you put together the comments from his agent, him and benning, while he may not come back it looks like an olive branch has been extended both ways and both sides were looking to work constructively to find a solution that fits for both parties.

 

I think that come the end of the KHL season we have a fair shot of landing him on a decent contract 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

I don’t think it’s false hope when you put together the comments from his agent, him and benning, while he may not come back it looks like an olive branch has been extended both ways and both sides were looking to work constructively to find a solution that fits for both parties.

 

I think that come the end of the KHL season we have a fair shot of landing him on a decent contract 

What has happened with Tram is best for Tram and the Canucks...to me it looks like both sides are on the same page and working together.

However, time will tell.

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pete M said:

What has happened with Tram is best for Tram and the Canucks...to me it looks like both sides are on the same page and working together.

However, time will tell.

That’s how I read it as well.

 

doesnt mean we will be able to sign him but I think we are in the best possible place to given everything 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It’s more about eligibility. RFAs that don’t sign a new NHL SPC (standard player contract) before December 1st are not eligible to play in the NHL that season.

 

Of course, with COVID-19, that December 1st deadline will likely be pushed back a couple months, since the season won’t even be started yet in early December. I haven’t heard anything about what the new date might be. But I suspect Tryamkin won’t be finished his KHL season in time, regardless. 
 

So he can sign after his 2020-21 KHL season finishes. But he probably won’t be eligible to play in the NHL until the 2021-22 season.

 

EDIT: I suppose with an out clause he could potentially leave his KHL team mid season, before the RFA signing deadline, and sign an new contract with Vancouver and join the team. That’s probably what you were asking, lol. Sorry, I’m tired and missed that. So yeah, that could work, if he had an out clause and negotiated a 2020-21 NHL SPC before the deadline.

Yes haha the bolded part is what I was asking :lol: Hopefully they'll move the deadline due to the adjusted schedule, but I could still see him wanting to finish out what he started with his teammates this year which can't be mad at... Catch 22 really in that scenario.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

Yes haha the bolded part is what I was asking :lol: Hopefully they'll move the deadline due to the adjusted schedule, but I could still see him wanting to finish out what he started with his teammates this year which can't be mad at... Catch 22 really in that scenario.

It's what a character guy would do, so, yes, we can't complain if he fulfills his obligations

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I sure hope the possibility of an out clause comes to fruition for this year.

Honestly, the fact we didn’t land on a contract with this guy when we could have a couple of months ago hurt more than losing Tanev and Stecher to unrestricted free agency.

I’ll be so pumped when we bring Tryamkin back.

  • Like 2
  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...