The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

13 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Nikita racking up those minutes.  Third time this season he has racked up north of 25 minutes.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/123119/nikita-tryamkin

According to eliteprospects Nikita wearing the "A" again and is on pace to match his totals in his first year back in the KHL with 25 points and 109 PIMS and subsequently tallied two 11 point seasons afterwards.  Nikita growing confidence again and looking like a good player to have in a years time.

Why is a 3rd pairing or worse plug getting that much ice time? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, UKNuck96 said:

Really good that he’s becoming a minute muncher in the KHL, if we get him back over here be good to have someone able to just eat up the TOI doing the hard work 

If he can play 25 minutes a night then 18 minutes would be a breeze for him.

On 10/13/2020 at 6:28 PM, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

That’s not an issue at all then

Due to the extenuating circumstances they will change the dates to fit this new NHL schedule and so many RFA’s get an opportunity to sign. 

For Tryamkin RFA doesn't matter, he is already on the team's reserve roster, a special roster. See at cap friendly, it has to do with KHL players coming back, he is exempt from time. If he bought out his current contract he could sign at any time of the year.

4 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Really good that he’s becoming a minute muncher in the KHL, if we get him back over here be good to have someone able to just eat up the TOI doing the hard work 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

If he can play 25 minutes a night then 18 minutes would be a breeze for him.

playing 25 minutes a night when the opposition's top offensive player is linden vey is a hell of a lot different than playing in the nhl. 

being ground down by real competition changes everything. 

3 minutes ago, tas said:

playing 25 minutes a night when the opposition's top offensive player is linden vey is a hell of a lot different than playing in the nhl. 

Tryamkin is the one doing the grinding down not the other way around. ;)

• Cheers 1

grinding comes in many forms. quick forwards who battle hard, shifting back and forth along the wall, forcing tryamkin (or whoever) to constantly stop and start and change directions while battling the whole time is a total energy drain. 

8 minutes ago, tas said:

grinding comes in many forms. quick forwards who battle hard, shifting back and forth along the wall, forcing tryamkin (or whoever) to constantly stop and start and change directions while battling the whole time is a total energy drain. 

Good thing he speaks softly and carries a big stick.

The way he defends with his stick allows him to exert less energy.

I also think you’re underestimating the level of play in the KHL. It’s the second toughest league in the world. It’s not like he’s out there for a leisurely skate.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

We really need to sign this guy to join us next season!! He could be a solid addition to our D, looks to be getting more ice time and he as the former NHL coach coaching him so that might be a good for his development to hear from a coach who has lots of NA hockey coaching.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Good thing he speaks softly and carries a big stick.

The way he defends with his stick allows him to exert less energy.

I also think you’re underestimating the level of play in the KHL. It’s the second toughest league in the world. It’s not like he’s out there for a leisurely skate.

I'm just saying, he's playing the equivalent of 25 minutes a night against, at very best (and I'm being generous), an average nhl 4th line. certainly nothing to sneeze at, but troy stecher looks like quinn hughes in the k.

7 hours ago, tas said:

Yes it is different, however the fact he is able to play 25 mins a night on larger ice is also telling in itself.

not expecting him to play that much in the NHL but it’s a good sign of his development and a good indication that he is a reliable defender 

12 hours ago, canuckledraggin said:

Still amazed that he is about to join the Canucks at the perfect time.

I give the man credit. He did it his way and he's about to get paid.

Has there been any news to this effect, or is this just speculation?

I haven’t seen anything suggesting that a Tryamkin return is imminent.

Would make a tonne of sense, however. There’s basically a hole right now on the D order that looks tailor made for a player like Nik.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Has there been any news to this effect, or is this just speculation?

I haven’t seen anything suggesting that a Tryamkin return is imminent.

Would make a tonne of sense, however. There’s basically a hole right now on the D order that looks tailor made for a player like Nik.

Yeah it would be great if Tram was able to negotiate his KHL contract to allow him to jump ship to the NHL. With him on the team, if OJ can avoid injuries the defense looks completely rebuilt. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I did read something that 69% of games have been effected by Covid this season in the KHL..

there is still the possibility that their attempt at the 20-21 season may be canceled before February.

So the question would become does his contract end with the cancelled season?

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

So the question would become does his contract end with the cancelled season?

And could he come over if the KHL season is canceled? 

Would be huge for the Canucks if we can get him signed. He'd help the defensive corps, for sure. 

He would not be a Tanev replacement, but who else we got that would come close to being a defensive defenseman, like the Tanman.