The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

I hope Canuck can get Nikita the big number #8 here when NHL starts up again. Does he have a khl out clause? So he can come over soon.

Trym is playing hockey right now reguardless and thats good. Its better then him sitting for 8 months waiting to play. Hes game ready when hes call to play for Canucks.

Go Canucks Go

On 10/28/2020 at 7:55 PM, SilentSam said:

He has an NHL coach and the ice size in the KHL has been gradually getting to normal North American standards rather than Euro sizes.

It is all leading into his skill set, so he will have a great year.  Hopefully not so much that he decides to stay there after this season.

If we can sign him to a 2-3 year deal at $2 million per, that would give us a chance to see what he brings and not have to give him up to free agency after a year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Following this guy from my armchair has been quite the journey.  I’ve gone from thinking he’d be a rock on our blue line, to being bummed out by him leaving, thinking he was likely washing out in the K.  I really thought for awhile he’d plateaued and the team had kind of passed him by... but with the flat cap and a good season... 

Now I hope he’s committed to a proper run in the nhl.  A real американские горки of emotions with this guy.  

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

Following this guy from my armchair has been quite the journey.  I’ve gone from thinking he’d be a rock on our blue line, to being bummed out by him leaving, thinking he was likely washing out in the K.  I really thought for awhile he’d plateaued and the team had kind of passed him by... but with the flat cap and a good season... 

Now I hope he’s committed to a proper run in the nhl.  A real американские горки of emotions with this guy.  

Haha!  So true!  So true!!:lol:

• Cheers 1

I have to be honest, I am hoping that he gets used as a sweetener for a trade of one of our bad contract.  I just was soured on him after he decided to go home after just one season and not being willing to report to Utica as well.  Seems to have a bad attitude.  Just my thought for what its worthy. B)

7 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I have to be honest, I am hoping that he gets used as a sweetener for a trade of one of our bad contract.  I just was soured on him after he decided to go home after just one season and not being willing to report to Utica as well.  Seems to have a bad attitude.  Just my thought for what its worthy. B)

The club did not set him up for success, nothing about a bad attitude at all. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, J-P said:

Until we have other players who can do this I continue to wait for NT to return... Also note the casual way NT leans in to the hit and dismisses any follow ups.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czSBUMHSenQ

That was great and all but I can't help wondering if at this point he is the LD man that would slot in on our third paring.  We have a lot of LD prospects; some very good prospects.  I can think of a few guys we have that I think will be better and higher than him in the pecking order.  I don't think Green will play him on the right side even though he plays on the right side sometimes in the KHL.  OJ, Rathbone and maybe Brezzer, Sautner or maybe Teves (bit of a long shot I know Ha, Ha) could be vying for the last pairing LD.  I maybe wrong but this is how I see it.  Glade those decisions are not being made by me.  B) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-P said:

Until we have other players who can do this I continue to wait for NT to return... Also note the casual way NT leans in to the hit and dismisses any follow ups.

Thanks I needed that. I remember that game. IMO Tryamkin didn't get much team support when he was frequently swarmed in the early games of that season. Not that he appeared to need it. If/when he comes back it will be a much different team and better suited for his game. He has the ability to be a 2nd pairing d-man. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, dpn1 said:

That was great and all but I can't help wondering if at this point he is the LD man that would slot in on our third paring.  We have a lot of LD prospects; some very good prospects.  I can think of a few guys we have that I think will be better and higher than him in the pecking order.  I don't think Green will play him on the right side even though he plays on the right side sometimes in the KHL.  OJ, Rathbone and maybe Brezzer, Sautner or maybe Teves (bit of a long shot I know Ha, Ha) could be vying for the last pairing LD.  I maybe wrong but this is how I see it.  Glade those decisions are not being made by me.  B) 

He plays predominately on the right side in the KHL IIRC.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, dpn1 said:

work process GIF

.. not much in that.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, J-P said:

This was likely my favorite moment in that whole Willie coached season, Tryamkin making it look easy to knock the tough guy team Ducks around.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1