The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

33 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats impressive ice time for any mens league. I wonder if we'll see all of Hogs, Podz, and Nik later this year.... man that would be awesome. Not sure what has to happen cap-wise to make that possible but it would be great to see. 

Hogs, Podz, Nik, and The Professor (please return to Vancouver).

Add some Roozky cheerleaders: Ginger, MaryAnn, Katja (Gravity's Rainbow).

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

Not so sure.  He frees up $3.5, but we are already over by $1.5, so there is net room of just $2 million.  Hogz' ELC is $890, and Podz would be the same, so some other juggling (waivers, etc) would be needed to sign Tram.  I dont know, but am assuming, that the cap hit isn't prorated for those late signings.   

Why would you assume that?

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

Not so sure.  He frees up $3.5, but we are already over by $1.5, so there is net room of just $2 million.  Hogz' ELC is $890, and Podz would be the same, so some other juggling (waivers, etc) would be needed to sign Tram.  I dont know, but am assuming, that the cap hit isn't prorated for those late signings.   

Performance bonuses also have to be covered in LTIR.  There's no banked cap space so they would need to be under the cap by the full cap hit including the performance bonuses that are still attainable.  Hoglander has 200K in performance bonus.  Podkolzin will likely get 850K - Rathbone and Gaudette did.  They could argue to give him less than 850K for this season as it's unlikely that he hits the targets in just a few weeks.   

It seems unlikely that Tryamkin's season will be over by the RFA signing deadline - it will be a quarter into the season per the CBA MOU.     

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

can't see it with Sutter this year without that dreaded prospect/pick overpayment. Pearson and Benn maybe tho, at 1/2 retained each with "future considerations" and the payment someone maybe takes them. 

Just curious if anyone has done the math based on a no-trade scenario. 

I think a contender with a hole or injury at 3c would be quite happy to add a pro-rated, 50% retained Sutter and would actually return assets.

Of course that's assuming we don't need him ourselves at that point.

Same goes for the other two. Those guys, prorated and/or with retention have actual value on expiring, 'rental' deals at the TDL.

Edited by aGENT

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

I think a contender with a hole or injury at 3c would be quite happy to add a pro-rated, 50% retained Sutter and would actually return assets.

Same goes for the other two. Those guys, prorated and/or with retention have actual value on expiring, 'rental' deals at the TDL.

normally I'd agree with you, but covid cap / losses have put us into the upside down when it comes to trades for the next year or so. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

normally I'd agree with you, but covid cap / losses have put us into the upside down when it comes to trades for the next year or so. 

Right now, sure. Not on expiring deals at the TDL for a team with an injury/hole.

Liked every year with contending teams up against the cap, they'll have injuries etc either allow them to bank space or IRL that will allow them to go 'over'.

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Right now, sure. Not on expiring deals at the TDL for a team with an injury/hole.

Liked every year with contending teams up against the cap, they'll have injuries etc either allow them to bank space or IRL that will allow them to go 'over'.

It would be interesting if Benning did trade Pearson to make a place for two rookies... I wonder if we'd have to be out of a playoff spot for that to happen? 

57 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

It would be interesting if Benning did trade Pearson to make a place for two rookies... I wonder if we'd have to be out of a playoff spot for that to happen? 

Pearson... Likely.

Benn and, depending on how Gaudette does, Sutter, I could see.

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

Before we look at anything for forwards, we only show six D on our roster, and that includes Rathbone. Buying out Baertschi only gets us back about 1.6 on cap - pretty much what we are over. Adding a D, say Rafferty or Juolevi will cost 900k that we don’t have. Sending Louie to the minors will get that. That leaves no room for young forwards as we will still have fourteen on the roster after buying out Baertschi and demoting Eriksson. If we still have Ferland on the LTIR, maybe we’ll be able to add them after the start of the season - if we demote one of the other young guys, say MacEwen - but I don’t think the Canucks wish to do that.

4 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Before we look at anything for forwards, we only show six D on our roster, and that includes Rathbone. Buying out Baertschi only gets us back about 1.6 on cap - pretty much what we are over. Adding a D, say Rafferty or Juolevi will cost 900k that we don’t have. Sending Louie to the minors will get that. That leaves no room for young forwards as we will still have fourteen on the roster after buying out Baertschi and demoting Eriksson. If we still have Ferland on the LTIR, maybe we’ll be able to add them after the start of the season - if we demote one of the other young guys, say MacEwen - but I don’t think the Canucks wish to do that.

As for the D, I doubt Benning is done yet FWIW. We're also probably not going to have a full 23 man 'official' roster to save cap and take advantage of the likely extra 'black ace' capacity that will likely be aloud. That's likely to include at least a couple of Juolevi, Rafferty, Rathbone, Brisebois etc.

As for making cap room for forwards, trading any of Pearson, Sutter or Benn towards the TDL easily covers that.

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

As for the D, I doubt Benning is done yet FWIW. We're also probably not going to have a full 23 man 'official' roster to save cap and take advantage of the likely extra 'black ace' capacity that will likely be aloud. That's likely to include at least a couple of Juolevi, Rafferty, Rathbone, Brisebois etc.

As for making cap room for forwards, trading any of Pearson, Sutter or Benn towards the TDL easily covers that.

I doubt Benn is tradeable, Sutter is way too expensive at 4.375 million - can’t see anyone wanting him without a sweetener or retention. Pearson, they will be reluctant to trade because he kills penalties - especially if we dump Eriksson. 

2 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I doubt Benn is tradeable, Sutter is way too expensive at 4.375 million - can’t see anyone wanting him without a sweetener or retention. Pearson, they will be reluctant to trade because he kills penalties - especially if we dump Eriksson. 

We're talking trade deadline here Ray.

Edited by aGENT
  • Thanks 1

Tryamkin is putting together a real nice season in the KHL.  If he comes over after next season, he would be a huge upgrade over Benn.

We will for sure have Hughes, Schmidt, Joulevi after next season.  Most likely re-sign Edler, and likely protect Myers from Seattle.  Assuming Tryamkin comes over, the guys competing for the 7 spot would be Rathbone, Rafferty, Chatfield, Brisebois, Saunter.  I really like the size, mobiility and potential of the D that we have in our franchise.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BCNate said:

Tryamkin is putting together a real nice season in the KHL.  If he comes over after next season, he would be a huge upgrade over Benn.

We will for sure have Hughes, Schmidt, Joulevi after next season.  Most likely re-sign Edler, and likely protect Myers from Seattle.  Assuming Tryamkin comes over, the guys competing for the 7 spot would be Rathbone, Rafferty, Chatfield, Brisebois, Saunter.  I really like the size, mobiility and potential of the D that we have in our franchise.

Myers will likely be exposed.  Every team has to leave exposed at least 1 D (and 2 Fs) who have played 40 games or 70 games over the past 2 seasons and who are still under contract for 2021/22.  Only Myers and Nate Schmidt qualify.  Edler and Benn are UFAs and prospects like Brisebois, Raffferty etc might not reach the game threshold.  It's not yet known if they will pro-rate the game requirements due to the shortened seasons.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mll said:

Myers will likely be exposed.  Every team has to leave exposed at least 1 D (and 2 Fs) who have played 40 games or 70 games over the past 2 seasons and who are still under contract for 2021/22.  Only Myers and Nate Schmidt qualify.  Edler and Benn are UFAs and prospects like Brisebois, Raffferty etc might not reach the game threshold.  It's not yet known if they will pro-rate the game requirements due to the shortened seasons.  

At this stage yes,  you are absolutely correct.  Depending on the season that Myers has,  Benning can either choose to expose him,  or bring in someone else to expose or resign Benn to expose him.

I’m seeing Maple Leafs defender Mikko Lehtonen just terminated his contract with Jokerit in hopes of joining the Leafs. It’s time big Tryamkin did the same thing with his KHL club. It should give him enough time to fly to North America, quarantine and start prepping for camp, with a genuine shot to make top 6 on this club. We need this guy, and hopefully he realizes the time is now to make it happen. Enough waiting.

• Cheers 2