7 minutes ago, Provost said:

It will be interesting if they come up with a memorandum of agreement about pro-rating the games requirement this year for a shortened season.  There may not be a lot more than 40 games this season.  Word is they are looking at a 40-60 game range.  Certainly worth paying attention to in order to keep him under the threshold, which should be pretty easy.  Slot in Rathbone for some games, or Benn into that spot for a few while playing Rafferty on the other side. (or whatever other cheap veteran we end up picking up).

Less than 40 games does not equate to exemption.  Among the unprotected players at least 1 D has to have 40/70 games but all the other Ds exposed can have less.  

1 minute ago, CaptKirk888 said:

Ok, thanks for the clarification. 

CapFriendly has an expansion simulator where they list all the players available/exempt for expansion:   https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle

The exposure requirements are shown at the top of the list - at least 2F and 1D marked in green need to be left exposed.

11 hours ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Till what date do we hold Tryamkin's rights till?

But now you're mine FOREVER - crazy girl | Meme Generator

17 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Loui was useful last season as a 12th/13th forward, which is where Green played him. 

Bo’s line played well for long stretches when Loui was there. 

I’d argue that MacEwan and Bailey would have been more useful in that situation from the start of last season.

• Like 2
  • Hydration 2

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I’d argue that MacEwan and Bailey would have been more useful in that situation from the start of last season.

& I'd front the fritter & coffee to fully fuel your fine argument!

• Haha 1

On 10/20/2020 at 6:08 PM, Googlie said:

I'm not so sure.  It would be a different looking line, more of a dump and chase, with Mac or Bailey doing the chasing and digging.  Bo has talked about how with LE on their line both he and Tanner can get behind the goal line to make plays, knowing that Loui, being so defensively aware, had them covered.  Not sure that dynamic is there (yet) with Mac or Bailey.

Ofc Bailey's speed bails him out many times.  I saw a lot of him in the Utica games, and he sure backs in the defensemen when he is in on a rush.  His 3 hat tricks in 4 games in 5 nights was awesome to see!!

Yeah, I give Eriksson credit that the guys playing with him immediately knew they could trust that he would back them up. They also knew his limitation to provide much more at this point, so there is a downside, but at least he's dependable and defensively responsible. MacEwen and Bailey were more unpredicatable in both good and bad ways.

But this is the Tryamkin thread. Good to see he's still working hard, blocking shots, and doing the things that can get you good minutes.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 6:08 PM, Googlie said:

I'm not so sure.  It would be a different looking line, more of a dump and chase, with Mac or Bailey doing the chasing and digging.  Bo has talked about how with LE on their line both he and Tanner can get behind the goal line to make plays, knowing that Loui, being so defensively aware, had them covered.  Not sure that dynamic is there (yet) with Mac or Bailey.

Ofc Bailey's speed bails him out many times.  I saw a lot of him in the Utica games, and he sure backs in the defensemen when he is in on a rush.  His 3 hat tricks in 4 games in 5 nights was awesome to see!!

Your talking about what they bring in comparison  at THAT moment,.  I’m talking about the valuable ice time and learning curve they would have already have received in THOSE moments,.  And how far ahead they would be presently by replacing Eriksson last season.

nice to see NT wearing the C..

shows how much he is trusted.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 3
  • Hydration 1

I hope Canuck can get Nikita the big number #8 here when NHL starts up again. Does he have a khl out clause? So he can come over soon.

Trym is playing hockey right now reguardless and thats good. Its better then him sitting for 8 months waiting to play. Hes game ready when hes call to play for Canucks.

Go Canucks Go

14 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I'm glad they made sure to say acting captain. Otherwise it's going to be another gong show when they "strip" him of the captaincy.

It will be anyways, you know you can count on the "realistic fans".

I see that Free Agent Oscar Fantenberg just signed with a KHL Team 2 months into the regular season.

Hopeful that Tryamkin is allowed the same kind of time courtesy as an RFA to join the Canucks when / if his regular season ends Feb / Mar.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

On 10/28/2020 at 7:55 PM, SilentSam said:

He has an NHL coach and the ice size in the KHL has been gradually getting to normal North American standards rather than Euro sizes.

It is all leading into his skill set, so he will have a great year.  Hopefully not so much that he decides to stay there after this season.

If we can sign him to a 2-3 year deal at $2 million per, that would give us a chance to see what he brings and not have to give him up to free agency after a year.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Following this guy from my armchair has been quite the journey.  I’ve gone from thinking he’d be a rock on our blue line, to being bummed out by him leaving, thinking he was likely washing out in the K.  I really thought for awhile he’d plateaued and the team had kind of passed him by... but with the flat cap and a good season... 

Now I hope he’s committed to a proper run in the nhl.  A real американские горки of emotions with this guy.  

• Hydration 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

Following this guy from my armchair has been quite the journey.  I’ve gone from thinking he’d be a rock on our blue line, to being bummed out by him leaving, thinking he was likely washing out in the K.  I really thought for awhile he’d plateaued and the team had kind of passed him by... but with the flat cap and a good season... 

Now I hope he’s committed to a proper run in the nhl.  A real американские горки of emotions with this guy.  

Haha!  So true!  So true!!:lol:

• Hydration 1

I have to be honest, I am hoping that he gets used as a sweetener for a trade of one of our bad contract.  I just was soured on him after he decided to go home after just one season and not being willing to report to Utica as well.  Seems to have a bad attitude.  Just my thought for what its worthy. B)