The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On 11/29/2020 at 11:47 PM, Boudrias said:

Now the rumour is that the season doesn't start until Feb.1st. Try will be in prime shape when he shifts over. 

He'll still miss the RFA signing deadline - it's a quarter into the season per the CBA MOU.  A February start date would have the deadline at the end of that month.   The playoffs can't start later than mid-May as they have to be completed by mid-July given the Summer Olympics.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, mll said:

He'll still miss the RFA signing deadline - it's a quarter into the season per the CBA MOU.  A February start date would have the deadline at the end of that month.   The playoffs can't start later than mid-May as they have to be completed by mid-July given the Summer Olympics.  

Avto's last regular season game is listed as Feb 27, and playoffs make it likely @ mid March. I don't think Avto looks to do much damage in the playoffs. Their number one goalie Kovar seems to have lost an edge since coming back from an injury last year.  As well, Coach Peters is still adjusting to the new league. 

I don't think Avto's addressed their forward situation this year either. Dawes is gone and Datsyuk is trying his best as captain, at 42 years of age. Avto still seems to soft up front. Comparatively, Salavat has a relentless forecheck and helped them edge out a 1-0 win over Tryamkins squad yesterday. 

Tryamkin doesn't look like he's having as much fun, Avto is on a 6 game losing streak. I did like his one shift yesterday he nailed 2 Salavat players on the same shift.

Struggling on the PP, 0-5 yesterday, I think Tryamkin is worth a shot at net front prescence, Nobody could move him. Plus I would activate him more l, give him the green light to carry it into the offensive zone more, rather than just dumping it in. He dumps it in out of habit and many times has open ice in front of him. 

He's only on a one year contract, I hope Diamond put in a buyout clause. Maybe a reporter could ask him.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Avto's last regular season game is listed as Feb 27, and playoffs make it likely @ mid March. I don't think Avto looks to do much damage in the playoffs. Their number one goalie Kovar seems to have lost an edge since coming back from an injury last year.  As well, Coach Peters is still adjusting to the new league. 

I don't think Avto's addressed their forward situation this year either. Dawes is gone and Datsyuk is trying his best as captain, at 42 years of age. Avto still seems to soft up front. Comparatively, Salavat has a relentless forecheck and helped them edge out a 1-0 win over Tryamkins squad yesterday. 

Tryamkin doesn't look like he's having as much fun, Avto is on a 6 game losing streak. I did like his one shift yesterday he nailed 2 Salavat players on the same shift.

Struggling on the PP, 0-5 yesterday, I think Tryamkin is worth a shot at net front prescence, Nobody could move him. Plus I would activate him more l, give him the green light to carry it into the offensive zone more, rather than just dumping it in. He dumps it in out of habit and many times has open ice in front of him. 

He's only on a one year contract, I hope Diamond put in a buyout clause. Maybe a reporter could ask him.

Back in May the Russian Federation blacklisted several NHL agents from doing work in Russia including Milstein and Theofanos.  The speculation is that these agents are encouraging players to leave for North America.  Don't think Diamond was on the list back in May and don't know if it's been expanded since.  Still given that issue I'd be surprised if they included an out-clause.   Tryamkin might also prefer to play at the Worlds and sign with Vancouver for 2021/22 with a full training camp.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

On 11/29/2020 at 2:53 PM, Chickenspear said:

We do have a current backlog of LHD on the roster atm, plus Juolevi and Rathbone possibly pushing for spots this season. Edler and Benn off the books after this season may open up a better opportunity for him to step in at that time, and we'll also have some time to see what we have in our up and coming D-corps, make some moves for picks if need be.

Tryamkin has mostly played RD as in here: 

12 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Lots of things have been addressed earlier in this thread, but somehow they keep coming back up! Would be nice to have him back in the lineup though (it would be nice for a lot of things to happen, mind you).

I'll take the end of Covid for $500 Alex.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/30/2020 at 9:55 PM, mll said:

Friedman saying on 650 the AM its going to likely be Jan 15th season start date. So I guess that pretty much negates Nik coming back for this year unless they amend that 1/4 season part for this year. 

45 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Friedman saying on 650 the AM its going to likely be Jan 15th season start date. So I guess that pretty much negates Nik coming back for this year unless they amend that 1/4 season part for this year. 

Which I doubt they as the NHLPA won’t want to push it back when there are so many players without teams

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Yep that’s too bad. We could have used him on the bottom pair this season for sure.

So can anyone confirm that he’ll be a free agent after the 21-22 season?

That would mean we can still sign him for the 21-22 season right?

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Yep that’s too bad. We could have used him on the bottom pair this season for sure.

Could we sign him to a multi-year deal despite his ineligibility to play in the coming season? Could just loan him elsewhere for this year. 

Edited by Coconuts

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

we have to sign him by 30 Jun 2022. At that point he's a FA.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks/reserve-list

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we have to sign him by 30 Jun 2022. At that point he's a FA.

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks/reserve-list

He offers so much size and intimidation. It is such a shame not to have him play this season when we square off against the Flames and Leafs like 9 times each. That’s a lot of Tkachuk and Simmonds, and our defense hardly look intimidating at this point.

• Vintage 1

Given the hardships each team faces in keeping players healthy, and a complete pool of alternative players, during the regular season.  The league should be supporting the teams have access to all of the players they have signed and hold rights to.

These are different times, it’s the main reason the CBA has been re-opened .

If any player in the world, has his RIGHTS HELD, and was DRAFTED by an NHL Team,.  That Team should be allowed to attain his services as long as that player is out of any present contract.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Given the hardships each team faces in keeping players healthy, and a complete pool of alternative players, during the regular season.  The league should be supporting the teams have access to all of the players they have signed and hold rights to.

These are different times, it’s the main reason the CBA has been re-opened .

If any player in the world, has his RIGHTS HELD, and was DRAFTED by an NHL Team,.  That Team should be allowed to attain his services as long as that player is out of any present contract.

Except the NHLPA would not want that when there are players within NA that are without teams and a considerable amount of them. Why would they support bringing in players who have not paid their union fees over those which have been and are require their support. 

6 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

Except the NHLPA would not want that when there are players within NA that are without teams and a considerable amount of them. Why would they support bringing in players who have not paid their union fees over those which have been and are require their support. 

Seems the rest of the World is playing, and active athletically,  .. and to any NHL team to be able to access their best prospects to play before they lose them , gives them options in difficult times.

Dont forget, the AHL did not finish their season ,. And has yet to even think of a start up.

I don’t think those lads have been paying dues during these times.