The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

When Covid is over and defeated the consequences will persist

The extent and severity of the long term respiratory complications of covid-19 infection remain to be seen, but emerging data indicate that many patients experience persistent respiratory symptoms months after their initial illness.1 Recently published guidance by the NHS lays out the likely aftercare needs of patients recovering from covid-19 and identifies potential respiratory problems including chronic cough, fibrotic lung disease, bronchiectasis, and pulmonary vascular disease. The evidence for these possible sequelae is largely derived from acute manifestations of covid-19, along with extrapolations from the 2003 outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and data on acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS).2

This is not good for athelets long term

Avto lost again today lost 2-0 continuuing a 8 game losing streak. However Tryamkin looked good in taking the puck to the net in the 3rd trying to get dome offense. But Avto looks worn out by all the losing. 

Maybe getting released early might appeal to Tryamkin more and more.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Avto lost again today lost 2-0 continuuing a 8 game losing streak. However Tryamkin looked good in taking the puck to the net in the 3rd trying to get dome offense. But Avto looks worn out by all the losing. 

Maybe getting released early might appeal to Tryamkin more and more.

Not sure how their playoff qualification works but have they fallen out of a playoff spot yet?

If the NHL season starts mid to late January and the KHL season ends February 27th could he then not be re-signed? Assuming of course the KHL is willing to terminate his contract early.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Not sure how their playoff qualification works but have they fallen out of a playoff spot yet?

If the NHL season starts mid to late January and the KHL season ends February 27th could he then not be re-signed? Assuming of course the KHL is willing to terminate his contract early.

Well they are 4th in their division now.

I imagine they will limp into the playoffs. But have too many question marks up front and in net. Goalie  Kovar is not stealing any games for them lately. 

The pp is abysmal. I think they'll get a tough match up against a top team. They seem to be out worked by every team lately. A couple of their forwards looked like they quit playing after Ak Bar scored to make it 1-0.

Coach Peters looks a bit lost too. He spends more time writing in his little note book than watching the game.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Well they are 4th in their division now.

I imagine they will limp into the playoffs. But have too many question marks up front and in net. Goalie  Kovar is not stealing any games for them lately. 

The pp is abysmal. I think they'll get a tough match up against a top team. They seem to be out worked by every team lately. A couple of their forwards looked like they quit playing after Ak Bar scored to make it 1-0.

Coach Peters looks a bit lost too. He spends more time writing in his little note book than watching the game.

Pen Pad Peters and Clipboard Willie must have gone to the same school of coaching.

• Haha 2

On 12/5/2020 at 6:54 PM, SilentSam said:

Seems the rest of the World is playing, and active athletically,  .. and to any NHL team to be able to access their best prospects to play before they lose them , gives them options in difficult times.

Dont forget, the AHL did not finish their season ,. And has yet to even think of a start up.

I don’t think those lads have been paying dues during these times.

The rest of the world isn't dealing with 3000+ deaths per day........and rising.  They'll likely hit 5000 by the end of the month and higher once the Christmas surge kicks in.  I don't see the NHL happening this year, unless they an abbreviated re season bubble in Canada, followed by a playoff.

On 12/6/2020 at 2:11 PM, DeNiro said:

Because Try is a qualified RFA he falls under the RFA signing deadlines, teams usually have until December 1 on any given year to sign these RFA's. Not sure what that date will be for this season if it does indeed start Jan 13th. If they push the signing period 2 months and Auto miss playoffs we would have a chance, but it is doubtful Try is eligible to play before next season 2021/2022. If Auto we to terminate today I believe we could still resign as they have not announced the RFA signing date yet? Not sure on that though

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

The rest of the world isn't dealing with 3000+ deaths per day........and rising.  They'll likely hit 5000 by the end of the month and higher once the Christmas surge kicks in.  I don't see the NHL happening this year, unless they an abbreviated re season bubble in Canada, followed by a playoff.

NHL announced this morning that they have an agreement in place to start Jan 13th. AHL has previously had a Feb 5th start date already worked out

I have been on the Tryamkin bandwagon for a long time.  This is the first time I say we don't want to sign him now even if by some chance the NHL doesn't restrict RFAs signed after Dec 1st (or whatever equivalent date in the new schedule).
He currently isn't eligible to be selected in expansion and doesn't take up an protection slot.  If he signs for even the last part of this season he will get exposed for expansion.

We are in an amazing spot to completely re-tool our defence during expansion because we virtually have no one we need to protect.  We could just protect Schmidt, and pick up two players in trade for cheap that another team would risk losing for nothing to expansion.  It is pretty likely there would be players available who would be upgrades on Myers and Juolevi if they were exposed (and if Seattle actually picked them up).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Provost said:

I have been on the Tryamkin bandwagon for a long time.  This is the first time I say we don't want to sign him now even if by some chance the NHL doesn't restrict RFAs signed after Dec 1st (or whatever equivalent date in the new schedule).
He currently isn't eligible to be selected in expansion and doesn't take up an protection slot.  If he signs for even the last part of this season he will get exposed for expansion.

We are in an amazing spot to completely re-tool our defence during expansion because we virtually have no one we need to protect.  We could just protect Schmidt, and pick up two players in trade for cheap that another team would risk losing for nothing to expansion.  It is pretty likely there would be players available who would be upgrades on Myers and Juolevi if they were exposed (and if Seattle actually picked them up).

Agreed. We are in such a great position to pick up quality Dmen that teams can’t protect from the expansion draft. There should be opportunities for paying pennies on the dollar, so that teams without protection slots they need can salvage some value, versus losing those players for nothing, to expansion.

A young, top-4 quality RHD would be a great target for us, and I expect there will be opportunities to acquire that player.

I’d also suggest we might be able to pick up some young forwards as well, since we’re actually quite well positioned to use a protection slot for an acquired forward, especially if Pearson isn’t extended (in which case I actually hope we sell him at the TDL—even if we’re in a playoff position).

While it would be fun to see what Tryamkin could add to our group this season, I think we’re better off bringing him back for 2021-22, and using our favourable expansion draft circumstances to take advantage of some of the teams that are short on protection slots, and long on good quality young (but expansion eligible) players.

EDIT: JPat and Drancer joked about this on the latest Vancast, calling the Canucks the “clubhouse leaders” for the Expansion Draft Cup. We’re very likely going to make it through two expansions without giving up any player of significance, which is certainly not the case for most teams.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Cheers 2