The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Great Find...I have never seen this before

But this is what I see....................that may be of help

I am not saying I am right in this matter, only that it is in there

a) if the Hockey Player has not reached by termination of the Contract 29 years, he shall pay the Club 2/3 of the earned remuneration (fee) amount that was not paid for the period remaining until the Contract expiry;

This is from 32.2 (a), and basically gives the hockey player the right to buy out his own contract. Now, I do not see where this excludes his agent being involved at any point, actually does not exclude the other clubs involvement. But since the agent acted in the players behalf, when the original contract was signed, I would think, he would be involved, in the early termination.........

Now this is where it gets tricky................Tryamkin would have to pay 2/3's of the remaining amount, which if I am understanding it right means, if the KHL season was to end by the end of March..............then if the Canucks wanted him over here to sign by January 31, 2021, then Tryamkin would owe  2/3's of Feb and March's remaining contract money..........Basically it is a get rich scheme for the KHL team...........so basically, "IF" Tryamkins contract was $600,000 per year (which I have not a clue what it is), and the season was 6 months long (again, I really do not know how long it will be), but the remaining money's owed would be in the range of $200,000, of which Tryamkin would have to pay back 2/3's of that money, meaning approx. $130,000, which is not really all that much money, to terminate early, so he can come to Vancouver and sign this year, by the last day of Free agency signing period. To then sign a Canuck contract, which would give him an approx. $2,000,000 per year salary, of which he would be to be paid 3/4 's of that $2,000,000...........(= $1,500,000 2020-2021 Canuck Salary)

So even, if that were the case, and escrow was 25%, he would still get 75% of that 1.5 million, which would be approx. $1,150,000 dollars, and even with a 50% tax rate, he still would be clearing $575,000 for the season, compared to the approx. $200,000 he would keep in the KHL. Keep in mine that the escrow tax is only really a deferred deduction, so really he is being paid somewhere around $750,000 after tax dollars, instead of the $200,000 for playing the remaining part of the KHL.

Bottom line $750,000 after tax dollars on the Canucks

or................$200,000 after tax dollars in the KHL

So. Again...I am not a lawyer, so I could be very wrong......................

But as long as the Canucks, who are part of the letter of understanding with the KHL, do not get involved, I am see it as a fair game for Tryamkin's lawyer to be involved.

PS...........I just was spit balling numbers, so don't go all Accountant on me....

Don't worry, I'm not capable of going accountant on you. (minor concussion won't allow me to atm)

In the case of his agent being involved, he's just a representative of the player who can get contracts negotiated, but Tryamkin has the final say on the offer. He could go through his agent to file his termination papers, and to transfer the $ to the KHL, but the actual $ that would be owed to the KHL would legitimately have to come out of Tryamkin's earnings. That said, pretty sure he's made enough career earnings that I don't think he'd have a problem with being able to afford his own buyout.

• Cheers 1

If Tryamkin buys out his contract, is he paying the whole year’s worth? Or just for the remaining games? If the latter, he’d make that up in no time with the NHL season. But could he handle playing 2/3rd of a KHL season then jump right into a condensed, fast and furious NHL season?

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Slegr said:

If Tryamkin buys out his contract, is he paying the whole year’s worth? Or just for the remaining games? If the latter, he’d make that up in no time with the NHL season. But could he handle playing 2/3rd of a KHL season then jump right into a condensed, fast and furious NHL season?

2/3rds of what's remaining on his contract, if I understand correctly... might need mll's expertise on this one. Whether he would want to play a fast, condensed NHL season after his KHL deal, would be entirely up to the player, should the oppourtunity come up.

What has Tryamkin done to show anyone he would leave his team mid season?   Hahahah.    Seriously.  That is straight up not going to happen.  Never. Not a chance. It’s a stupid thought. 

Not only does that make him look horrible to the KHL (which he will probably want to return to at some point), but will probably get him blackballed from the international teams.  
Russia doesn’t mess around.  

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Don't worry, I'm not capable of going accountant on you. (minor concussion won't allow me to atm)

In the case of his agent being involved, he's just a representative of the player who can get contracts negotiated, but Tryamkin has the final say on the offer. He could go through his agent to file his termination papers, and to transfer the $ to the KHL, but the actual $ that would be owed to the KHL would legitimately have to come out of Tryamkin's earnings. That said, pretty sure he's made enough career earnings that I don't think he'd have a problem with being able to afford his own buyout.

I am sorry about you concussion....my buddy got one the last game before they cancelled the season........he was on a hike with me today, and said he has been headache free for just 3 days.........I feel for you, man!

Yes, I would think he could pay most of it himself, but I wonder why the agent couldn't.........don't know, just a question

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I am sorry about you concussion....my buddy got one the last game before they cancelled the season........he was on a hike with me today, and said he has been headache free for just 3 days.........I feel for you, man!

Yes, I would think he could pay most of it himself, but I wonder why the agent couldn't.........don't know, just a question

Cuz Russia n' stuff..

But yeah, concussions are no joke. A 5 minute walk to the store is a lot to ask. Gotta start being more careful with the noggin, this is the 6th one I've had.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

11 February is the new RFA signing deadline which applies for Tryamkin to be allowed to play this season.  

So what are the odds tryamkin plays for the canucks this season? and if he does  does he have to be protected?

Edited by Dannydog
not clear

13 hours ago, Dannydog said:

So what are the odds tryamkin plays for the canucks this season? and if he does  does he have to be protected?

I would say none, unfortunately. 

Cap friendly has Nik on the exempt list for Seattle https://www.capfriendly.com/expansion-draft/seattle but I'm not sure what would happen if by some miracle he did end up here this season.