The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

8 minutes ago, Sedinery33 said:

Right now Vancouver has 23 players on their roster, 2 on LTIR. They would need to Send down Gaunce and shut down Edler and Sutter for the rest of the season to allow Tryamkin to say in Vancouver

Weber gone.  Burrows gone.  Vrbata gone.  How's that for making room?  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Weber gone.  Burrows gone.  Vrbata gone.  How's that for making room?  

I was speaking about the rest of this season. Unless I do not fully understand waivers (which I don't), they cannot be waive to play in Utica, so they would have to be put on unconditional waivers for buyout purposes.

Yes I would love to unload some of the dead weight on the team 

9 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

That sounds correct.

I don't see him coming over this spring. If he comes after April 30 I suspect he will want a one way contract.I can't see JB doing this either so suspect he will play another year or two in the KHL. That would not be a bad thing as, JB has somehow hemmed himself into a corner with over loaded LD side . JB has pride an I can see him resigning Hamhuis for another 2 years at least.

Unless trader Jim can trade a couple D out which I cannot see either we are stuck out another year with a sad Soft D an will compete for next years mediocre draft lottery for real.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bobbyg43 said:

I don't see him coming over this spring. If he comes after April 30 I suspect he will want a one way contract.I can't see JB doing this either so suspect he will play another year or two in the KHL. That would not be a bad thing as, JB has somehow hemmed himself into a corner with over loaded LD side . JB has pride an I can see him resigning Hamhuis for another 2 years at least.

Unless trader Jim can trade a couple D out which I cannot see either we are stuck out another year with a sad Soft D an will compete for next years mediocre draft lottery for real.

If he comes over after April 30 it won't matter.  Neither the Canucks or the Comets will be playing hockey in May.  He can always join them and work on his golf game though.....

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Sedinery33 said:

Right now Vancouver has 23 players on their roster, 2 on LTIR. They would need to Send down Gaunce and shut down Edler and Sutter for the rest of the season to allow Tryamkin to say in Vancouver

According to General Fanager, only Sutter is currently on LTIR. Edler is still on regular IR.

57 minutes ago, J.R. said:

According to General Fanager, only Sutter is currently on LTIR. Edler is still on regular IR.

And to clarify, IR frees up the roster space while LTI allows the team to exceed the cap.

We have 23 players (forwards, defencemen and goalies) including Gaunce but not including Edler and Sutter (both on IR). I'd assume we could send Weber back down, or Gaunce, or move Hansen to IR, or any number of things to free up one roster spot. Cap space until the rest of the season (after Edler and Sutter return from LTI) is another question though as stated earlier.

Edited by elvis15
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I agree with your assessment of Tanev. The issue is whether he has peaked or not or whether his play could elevate further in a different pairing. What is the safest way to deal with him. My take is as your's move him if you can get another RD like Hamonic. The down side risk is greater with Tanev by far. Opposing teams play the body on Tanev almost at every opportunity. Can he stand up to that physical play in CUP play and through his career. We won't even talk about injury or shot blocking knocking him out of games.

Many Canuck fans want to move Edler and that will always be an option. If Van was to get Hamonic as 1RD then there is potential for Hutton to inherit 1LD which allows Edler to drop to 2LD with less TOI and a more defensive game. It keeps his size on the d-core which has been a chronic problem in Vancouver. This might not happen next fall but could develop over the season. There is no doubt that the d-core is the biggest team problem and that the group will be in flux next year.

A deal giving up Tanev and possibly Hansen for Hamonic is outside the box. Such a deal boosts the d-core and even allows Benning some flexibility at the Draft. IMHO Van needs a 1C and 1D prospect. The issue is Van could be taking #3 - #6 and if BPA is an option it becomes more viable if Hamonic was a done deal.  

I appreciate your similar assesment of Tanev Boudrias,.  Tanev is a good Dman, but the lack of physicality of our Dcore does not compliment his type of player. Is there value in Tanev,  yes.  And i think, given the circumstances, a straight Tanev-Hamonic has potential. Unlike others, contactuarily, he can be traded. 

Edler i would like to see resign (not re-sign) himself to Florida. (Or Tampa.  All swedish Dmen go there before they retire anyway ;) .. 

With Hamhuis ofc the books,.  What about an RFA offer for Gudbranson?

or a trade for him?

the other UFA end of 2017 is B.Burns.  Yes, sounds like a big wish, but the Sharks situation is an interesting one come Draft day,. Theyre first pick is one in tbe 4th round.. and how they sit after that im not sure. Thornton and Marleau are UFA's, pavelski, couture are long term.

if they fall short of ghe western final, do they risk icing the same team, or even possibly minus Thornton and Marleau next season..   If they are looking for change, possibly dictated  by theyre playoff finish.. Perhaps Burns (modified no trade) who is in his prime, is the right  asset to move to begin that restructure ?

the other interesting thing to note (besides this being a Tryamkin thread) is that it was SJose that inquired about Miller last Summer,.  Jones can not carry that team alone, and Reimer is not much for help.

So Hypothetically, the potential names  i would like to see chaulked in our D next season, within the organization, no particular order or placement are:

(Edler or Tanev)  Hamonic Gudbranson Burns  Sbisa Pedan Biegga Tryamkin Sheilds Larsen Hutton

38 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

And to clarify, IR frees up the roster space while LTI allows the team to exceed the cap.

We have 23 players (forwards, defencemen and goalies) including Gaunce but not including Edler and Sutter (both on IR). I'd assume we could send Weber back down, or Gaunce, or move Hansen to IR, or any number of things to free up one roster spot. Cap space until the rest of the season (after Edler and Sutter return from LTI) is another question though as stated earlier.

There's this:

.@generalfanager has only been notified of Sutter being placed on LTIR; so Edler might not be there - thus space would be available.

but then he followed with this :lol:

Been digging into this cap space issue a bit - and oh boy.

55 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I appreciate your similar assesment of Tanev Boudrias,.  Tanev is a good Dman, but the lack of physicality of our Dcore does not compliment his type of player. Is there value in Tanev,  yes.  And i think, given the circumstances, a straight Tanev-Hamonic has potential. Unlike others, contactuarily, he can be traded. 

Edler i would like to see resign (not re-sign) himself to Florida. (Or Tampa.  All swedish Dmen go there before they retire anyway ;) .. 

With Hamhuis ofc the books,.  What about an RFA offer for Gudbranson?

or a trade for him?

the other UFA end of 2017 is B.Burns.  Yes, sounds like a big wish, but the Sharks situation is an interesting one come Draft day,. Theyre first pick is one in tbe 4th round.. and how they sit after that im not sure. Thornton and Marleau are UFA's, pavelski, couture are long term.

if they fall short of ghe western final, do they risk icing the same team, or even possibly minus Thornton and Marleau next season..   If they are looking for change, possibly dictated  by theyre playoff finish.. Perhaps Burns (modified no trade) who is in his prime, is the right  asset to move to begin that restructure ?

the other interesting thing to note (besides this being a Tryamkin thread) is that it was SJose that inquired about Miller last Summer,.  Jones can not carry that team alone, and Reimer is not much for help.

So Hypothetically, the potential names  i would like to see chaulked in our D next season, within the organization, no particular order or placement are:

(Edler or Tanev)  Hamonic Gudbranson Burns  Sbisa Pedan Biegga Tryamkin Sheilds Larsen Hutton

I don't disagree with any of your ideas and especially like the Miller to SJ idea. I doubt he takes sharing the net with Markstrom well. I have also always wanted Edler pushed back to 2LD with a partner that could help the pair play a heavier game. Cut Edler's TOI and take the offensive pressure off him. If Hutton can return as strong then maybe a 1A & 1B can work. Moving Miller and Hamhuis could free up CAP for a UFA d-side signing. Burns = wow! Tryamkin is such an unknown that  who really has any idea what he can do.

• Upvote 1

On December 30, 2015 at 1:29 PM, theminister said:

I've got Mar 15 circled on my calendar as the date we might be able to realistically get him over to NA. 

I'd be perfectly fine with giving him a one way contract until the end of the year and putting right into the NHL for the last month. 

Who knows...he could be a revelation and change the plans for our offseason a bit. 

Right on schedule. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Sedinery33 said:

I was speaking about the rest of this season. Unless I do not fully understand waivers (which I don't), they cannot be waive to play in Utica, so they would have to be put on unconditional waivers for buyout purposes.

Yes I would love to unload some of the dead weight on the team 

Is there a roster limit after the TDL, or is that only for the playoffs?

23 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I don't disagree with any of your ideas and especially like the Miller to SJ idea. I doubt he takes sharing the net with Markstrom well. I have also always wanted Edler pushed back to 2LD with a partner that could help the pair play a heavier game. Cut Edler's TOI and take the offensive pressure off him. If Hutton can return as strong then maybe a 1A & 1B can work. Moving Miller and Hamhuis could free up CAP for a UFA d-side signing. Burns = wow! Tryamkin is such an unknown that  who really has any idea what he can do.

Vrbatta, Prust, and others to Free Agency,. Burrows off season to Montreal for a high 2nd or better ... And maybe, just maybe... An offer for Stamkos too :) 

Edited by SilentSam

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Vrbatta, Prust, and others to Free Agency,. Burrows off season to Montreal for a high 2nd or better ... And maybe, just maybe... An offer for Stamkos too :) 

Sadly, Burrows has entered the buyout zone IMO...

13 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Sadly, Burrows has entered the buyout zone IMO...

Perhaps,. Just never know what other teams scouts see, .  He has had a diminished role,.  But that is solely due to Hansen's game becoming fierce. 

Burrows is a solid shut down guy, whether it be the pk or a high profile pair off against another player.. i dont know if its Alex's game dropping off,. Or more the change team characters surrounding him. I do however think his game would be better with a coach that might utilize him better.  If we take 25% of his salary plus a 2nd rounder (or Dalton Thrower from The Habs system)??

the Habs recently moved Dale Weiss to Chicago.. Perhaps Burrows is that replacement.??

... And where the Heck is STEIRLITZ with his daily fresh reports extracted from the Russian Newspapers ??   Anyone no if Mr T has been eliminated from the playoffs,. Or have i missed the quote?

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Perhaps,. Just never know what other teams scouts see, .  He has had a diminished role,.  But that is solely due to Hansen's game becoming fierce. 

Burrows is a solid shut down guy, whether it be the pk or a high profile pair off against another player.. i dont know if its Alex's game dropping off,. Or more the change team characters surrounding him. I do however think his game would be better with a coach that might utilize him better.  If we take 25% of his salary plus a 2nd rounder (or Dalton Thrower from The Habs system)??

the Habs recently moved Dale Weiss to Chicago.. Perhaps Burrows is that replacement.??

... And where the Heck is STEIRLITZ with his daily fresh reports extracted from the Russian Newspapers ??   Anyone no if Mr T has been eliminated from the playoffs,. Or have i missed the quote?

If Burr was making Hansen's salary you might be on to something. IMO we'll be hard pressed to sell him at 50% let alone 25%.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

And where the Heck is STEIRLITZ with his daily fresh reports extracted from the Russian Newspapers ??   Anyone no if Mr T has been eliminated from the playoffs,. Or have i missed the quote?

Sportsnet had an article about Tryamkin today. His team was eliminated and now the Canucks are trying to sign him. 

• Upvote 2