The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

48 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

If he wanted to be here, he would be 

He couldn't because of the uncertainty of Canucks cap situation, which has been reported (but you already know that).

Why does Tryamkin (and his agent) say that he wants to play for the Canucks ?

If he just wanted to stay in Russia (according to you), why would they even bother?

21 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

If he just wanted to stay in Russia (according to you), why would they even bother?

Possibly an attempt to get his Russian team to fork over a bit more money?

Does he get a bit of revenue from his Canuck jersey sales?

Is he getting a bit of money from doing media interviews?

3 possibilities, after a few seconds of thought.

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Possibly an attempt to get his Russian team to fork over a bit more money?

Does he get a bit of revenue from his Canuck jersey sales?

Is he getting a bit of money from doing media interviews?

3 possibilities, after a few seconds of thought.

Without it being explicit over the past couple of years, It looks a lot like his position to leave Russia at some point has caused him to lose priority and suffer reduced minutes in his team’s line up.

He receives no kinds of royalties from the NHL for sporting his Canucks jersey on social media profile pics. 
He’s NHL bound next season. You could put good money on it.

• Cheers 2

OK........

There are so many ways to get him back here this year

1. There are no rules saying you can not buy him out.........there is no agreement, so why can you not go for it?

Aka....don't tell me what I can not do...tell me what I can do

2. Sign him and loan him to the SHL for the remaining part of the season  (1 way contract)

Loans do not go through wavers

3. Signing bonus in April, which tides him over

The talk on the radio today was a 1 year show me contract at 2 years, but Aqualini baulked

Really Franco! Go get some big boy panties..................your right D is suspect at best, and you had better fix it!

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

He was poised to re-sign with us at the start of this season,  but “cap space” deemed otherwise.

I think the equal issue was trying to protect him from the Extorsion draft.

All of his profiles on social media have him in a Canucks jersey..

the fact that Podz will be here before him opens a door of symmetry, so that he is not the only Russian on the Club next season.

I won’t be surprised.

he wants to be the best he can be..

not making 1-2 mil usd in the KHL for the rest of his career

No offense SS

But I don't buy the Extorsion draft argument

Edler contract is up...................does not want to play anywhere else.........if he does not sign right away.......he is exempt by that fact

Hughes is exempt

Schmidt.....protect

Myers........protect maybe?

Juolevi.......................................Seattle is not taking him,not unless he starts playing lights out, and he is a RFA at the end of the year, so is exempt by that as well

Tryamkin....protect

• Cheers 1

Seems like there's an over supply of good prospects and that is the problem. I tend to think that they have to get a handle on what each prospect bring to the table and the determine who stays and who's moved. Think of this which D prospects would be the easiet to move and that will identify the best of the bunch  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

No offense SS

Edler contract is up...................does not want to play anywhere else.........if he does not sign right away.......he is exempt by that fact

Hughes is exempt

Schmidt.....protect

Juolevi.......................................Seattle is not taking him,not unless he starts playing lights out, and he is a RFA at the end of the year, so is exempt by that as well

Tryamkin....protect

Personally, I’m waiting for OJ to consistently play lights “on”.         (not that I’m without hope!)

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

No offense SS

Hughes is exempt

Schmidt.....protect

Tryamkin....protect

We don’t have anyone as physically present on D as Tryamkin will be..  I think by the time all the numbers and personnel came together for Tryamkin or Benning to decide anything.

The realization came because of Covid for Nik to keep his guns moving on the ice.

Signing a one year contract says more about freedom to move, and being ready for the next opportunity to sign with an NHL team with his rights.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

If Benning stays in Canucks management here is my prediction:

Tryamkin will not sign with the Canucks this year... he'll let Canuck's rights expire and then he'll sign with whomever he wants.

This is because of what happened previously and because Benning has done nothing to convince him things would change if he returns.

When he returns to the NHL he will become a force to be reckoned with and a dominant defensive defenseman in the league.

He will do better in the NHL than Russia because the rinks are smaller here and his handicap of limited lateral mobility will not be as much of a factor.

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He actually ended up taking less than he was originally offered in Russia due to trying to come back

That was the result, I don't know what the plan was; just laying out possibilities.

I've never seen so much chatter about a 5-7 d man, on any team.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, gurn said:

That was the result, I don't know what the plan was; just laying out possibilities.

I've never seen so much chatter about a 5-7 d man, on any team.

If he isn’t a top 4 placement when he arrives, he will be by the end of that season.

• Cheers 3

On 1/22/2021 at 12:18 AM, *Buzzsaw* said:

If Benning stays in Canucks management here is my prediction:

Tryamkin will not sign with the Canucks this year... he'll let Canuck's rights expire and then he'll sign with whomever he wants.

This is because of what happened previously and because Benning has done nothing to convince him things would change if he returns.

When he returns to the NHL he will become a force to be reckoned with and a dominant defensive defenseman in the league.

He will do better in the NHL than Russia because the rinks are smaller here and his handicap of limited lateral mobility will not be as much of a factor.

The KHL rinks have actually been mostly NHL sized or Finnish size for a while now and not Olympic sized.  The Finnish size rink is only slightly wider than the NHL one/

4 hours ago, Provost said:

The KHL rinks have actually been mostly NHL sized or Finnish size for a while now and not Olympic sized.  The Finnish size rink is only slightly wider than the NHL one/

Actually provost here is what it really is............6 out of 24 are NHL size, the rest larger, 11 are the Finnish Hy-brid, and the other 7 are Olympic size

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Cheers 1

Quoted:

Cap crunch left little wriggle room for the Canucks to negotiate with Tryamkin
The Canucks retain Nikita Tryamkin's NHL rights as he wraps up a season in the KHL, and his agent says his client looks at the current state of the club "positively."
Tryamkin the giant blueliner re-signed with Avtomobilist for one more year.
Diamond said his client is disappointed.  “But we never got into any substantive discussion (with the Canucks) in any case."
Benning had said previously he was interested in bringing Tryamkin back. Benning is known to favour big players and Tryamkin certainly fits the bill at 6-foot-8. Tryamkin played 79 games for the Canucks between 2015-17, primarily as a third-pairing defenceman.
According to Diamond, he and his client simply ran out of time. And Automobilist was a chance to get back on the ice with a team he knows.
The cap-crunched Canucks couldn’t fit Tryamkin on a one-way, one-year deal into their current cap situation for 2020-21, Diamond said. “We know they have a mess on their hands, with the flat-cap world, with Luongo's $3-million cap recapture penalty etc.  Also the fact the Canucks signed the under performing Eriksson and signing Beagle and Sutter to big contracts didn't help matters either.
The Canucks hold Tryamkin’s rights through the end of the 2021-22 season. Diamond has long maintained that Tryamkin wants to return to the NHL. That’s still his desire. And given the Canucks still hold his rights, the preference remains in Vancouver.
“If he wasn’t committed, we wouldn’t have waited,” Diamond said. “We take a realistic view of things — and he knows Vancouver as a city. He’s comfortable with it.”
He pointed out that next summer Baertschi, Benn, and Sutter's contract comes off the books.
“This gives Vancouver another two cycles to make the moves they need to make. There is a bit more flexibility next year,” he said. “The thing Jim Benning needs is time.”

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Quoted:

Cap crunch left little wriggle room for the Canucks to negotiate with Tryamkin
The Canucks retain Nikita Tryamkin's NHL rights as he wraps up a season in the KHL, and his agent says his client looks at the current state of the club "positively."
Tryamkin the giant blueliner re-signed with Avtomobilist for one more year.
Diamond said his client is disappointed.  “But we never got into any substantive discussion (with the Canucks) in any case."
Benning had said previously he was interested in bringing Tryamkin back. Benning is known to favour big players and Tryamkin certainly fits the bill at 6-foot-8. Tryamkin played 79 games for the Canucks between 2015-17, primarily as a third-pairing defenceman.
According to Diamond, he and his client simply ran out of time. And Automobilist was a chance to get back on the ice with a team he knows.
The cap-crunched Canucks couldn’t fit Tryamkin on a one-way, one-year deal into their current cap situation for 2020-21, Diamond said. “We know they have a mess on their hands, with the flat-cap world, with Luongo's $3-million cap recapture penalty etc.  Also the fact the Canucks signed the under performing Eriksson and signing Beagle and Sutter to big contracts didn't help matters either.
The Canucks hold Tryamkin’s rights through the end of the 2021-22 season. Diamond has long maintained that Tryamkin wants to return to the NHL. That’s still his desire. And given the Canucks still hold his rights, the preference remains in Vancouver.
“If he wasn’t committed, we wouldn’t have waited,” Diamond said. “We take a realistic view of things — and he knows Vancouver as a city. He’s comfortable with it.”
He pointed out that next summer Baertschi, Benn, and Sutter's contract comes off the books.
“This gives Vancouver another two cycles to make the moves they need to make. There is a bit more flexibility next year,” he said. “The thing Jim Benning needs is time.”

We managed to sign Hamonic. Cap allocation was certainly an issue but hardly the only/main one. Mostly Benning needed other dominoes to fall first in regards to cap, rather than cap itself being the problem.

Now it's certainly understandable that Tryamkin couldn't/wouldn't want to wait until early January for assurance or clarity on his playing situation (like Hamonic) but that doesn't mean that cap was the primary driver. I don't care for the oversimplified and inaccurate narrative.

Edited by aGENT

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

We managed to sign Hamonic. Cap allocation was certainly an issue but hardly the only/main one. Mostly Benning needed other dominoes to fall first in regards to cap, rather than cap itself being the problem.

Now it's certainly understandable that Tryamkin couldn't/wouldn't want to wait until early January for assurance or clarity on his playing situation (like Hamonic) but that doesn't mean that cap was the primary driver. I don't care for the oversimplified and inaccurate narrative.

Hamonic was never even considered to be signing here when Nik was here hoping to be.

Hamonic was basically signed as a stop gap, for peanuts in a last minute scenario..  

And when Hamonic did sign,. Nik has had the advantage of skating for 4 - 5 months as His season began in September.

Hopeful the world resets itself, and with the help of the vaccine,  we see hockey back to normal in September camps and October regular season start.

I would not be surprised to see Nik signing a contract with us for the beginning of the 21-22 season.  Not too far after his season ends in Feb or March.

There would be absolutely nothing wrong or against the rules to have him here signed for the following season and keeping Podz company training in Vancouver.

That’s how I beleive this should be handled.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1