Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

You seem to forget that we have already seen Tryamkin in the NHL just two and a half years ago, and there was no evidence of Tryamkin not being mobile enough. The league has not changed that much in just two and a half years.

 

Tryamkin is fast enough IMHO. My biggest question will be his d-zone coverages on fast NHL players. I don't worry to much about 3 years ago as the Canucks have advanced a lot since then. More important to consider how he will fit in now. I doubt Benning will have the money to resign Hamonic so Tryamkin is a 'big' option. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Tryamkin is fast enough IMHO. My biggest question will be his d-zone coverages on fast NHL players. I don't worry to much about 3 years ago as the Canucks have advanced a lot since then. More important to consider how he will fit in now. I doubt Benning will have the money to resign Hamonic so Tryamkin is a 'big' option. 

For me it comes down to edler and hamonic if one retires/moves on Tryamkin will be a cheap option allowing us to keep the youth pipeline we have on the taxi/ahl squads moving.

 

cap is tight and last season we didn’t know if we could afford him with Tanev, stetcher, virt, Marky , and Toff needing to be signed. Turns out we probably could have but that’s with hindsight knowing we land with NS, and let TT,CT, TS and JM walk 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

You seem to forget that we have already seen Tryamkin in the NHL just two and a half years ago, and there was no evidence of Tryamkin not being mobile enough. The league has not changed that much in just two and a half years.

 

Yes it has.

In incredibly short order, the big bruising type of defencemean role has evaporated or become a marginal role.  Listen to any of the hockey people talk and it has become all about speed now.

Edited by Provost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Provost said:

Yes it has.

Not to the extent that he’s suddenly become a bad player. Otherwise half the NHL would have been jettisoned and most vets would have been put out to pasture ;and by vets the 30+ crowd)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

For me it comes down to edler and hamonic if one retires/moves on Tryamkin will be a cheap option allowing us to keep the youth pipeline we have on the taxi/ahl squads moving.

 

cap is tight and last season we didn’t know if we could afford him with Tanev, stetcher, virt, Marky , and Toff needing to be signed. Turns out we probably could have but that’s with hindsight knowing we land with NS, and let TT,CT, TS and JM walk 

Edler will be an option next year but I doubt he gets more than 1 year contracts from now on. That a stretch? He will be 35 in April. Still plays a strong game. At 43 Chara played well over 20 minutes the other night. A stronger d-core probably enables Edler to play longer. 

 

If Tryamkin wants to come back to the NHL Benning has to sign him and get him into games. That likely does not happen until next year. As I said I doubt Hamonic will re-sign. He is 30 and still young enough and good enough to get a multi year deal, especially if he has a good season with Vancouver.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Edler will be an option next year but I doubt he gets more than 1 year contracts from now on. That a stretch? He will be 35 in April. Still plays a strong game. At 43 Chara played well over 20 minutes the other night. A stronger d-core probably enables Edler to play longer. 

 

If Tryamkin wants to come back to the NHL Benning has to sign him and get him into games. That likely does not happen until next year. As I said I doubt Hamonic will re-sign. He is 30 and still young enough and good enough to get a multi year deal, especially if he has a good season with Vancouver.   

I can see that - Tryamkin could fill the role and the cap allocation that Hamonic has at the moment. It’s a shame over the timings of the seasons but I’m hoping it means we do sign him for next season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I highly doubt Tram signs for less than Hammonic. Why would he bother leaving Russia. 100% would rather keep Hammonic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i keep watching a lot of Avto and SKA games. in my book Tryamkin fits right into the top four in place of Edler ; who is slow, can barely do a proper pivot, and spend his time screening our goalie.

Edited by deus.ex.makina
  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Edler will be an option next year but I doubt he gets more than 1 year contracts from now on. That a stretch? He will be 35 in April. Still plays a strong game. At 43 Chara played well over 20 minutes the other night. A stronger d-core probably enables Edler to play longer. 

 

If Tryamkin wants to come back to the NHL Benning has to sign him and get him into games. That likely does not happen until next year. As I said I doubt Hamonic will re-sign. He is 30 and still young enough and good enough to get a multi year deal, especially if he has a good season with Vancouver.   

Surprised that the names Rathbone and Rafferty were not mentioned. Why should the Canucks hand a multi year contract to Harmonic when they have enough prospects on the right side. Would be more inclined to give a spot to Rathbone rather to Harmonic or Tryamkin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Surprised that the names Rathbone and Rafferty were not mentioned. Why should the Canucks hand a multi year contract to Harmonic when they have enough prospects on the right side. Would be more inclined to give a spot to Rathbone rather to Harmonic or Tryamkin.

Rathbone's a lefty and neither of those players are particularly of the "physical/shut down/PK" variety. 

  • Hydration 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think where Tryamkin benefits us is that he plays both sides, which would give us 3 Dmen that can ( Hughes, Schmidt and Tryamkin) this really helps immensely with pairings, especially with Juolevi, Rathbone and Woo, either here or coming 1 or 2 years from now.

 

I also think as someone earlier said, Tryamkin's reach negates some of that speed, as the stick can move a lot faster than a player skates. I would mention that tall Dmen, such as Webber, Pietrangelo, Chara, Myers, etc have an advantage not only in reach, but in weight too. My belief is that Tryamkin can hold people off with his arms, where Dmen like

Hughes, Rathbone, Krug, Fox, etc, have to use positioning and superior skating....kind of apple and oranges, but both effective if done well.

 

IMO, Benning should be signing Tryamkin to a 3 year contract in the range of 2 to 2.5 million a year, less if he can get away with it. 

 

In regards to Rafferty.......lets just get over with..............Rafferty is not deemed a NHL Dman, by Benning, or he would have been here, instead of Hamonic. If he does make it, it will be as a PP guy, which does not make sense, with both Hughes and Schmidt here. Also having Juolevi, and Rathbone as Offensive point men, just puts Rafferty so far down the list.......of course injuries could change that, but that is about the only way Rafferty gets here.

 

IMO, we can not just watch Tryamkin skate into the sunset.

 

I am also a little confused, as I think we could have signed Tryamkin and loaned him to the SHL, to keep him skating, until we needed him, whether that be, late this year or next. Maybe it has more to due with the Expansion draft, than anything, but, I am sure we need to get him here, by next September.

 

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I think where Tryamkin benefits us is that he plays both sides, which would give us 3 Dmen that can ( Hughes, Schmidt and Tryamkin) this really helps immensely with pairings, especially with Juolevi, Rathbone and Woo, either here or coming 1 or 2 years from now.

 

I also think as someone earlier said, Tryamkin's reach negates some of that speed, as the stick can move a lot faster than a player skates. I would mention that tall Dmen, such as Webber, Pietrangelo, Chara, Myers, etc have an advantage not only in reach, but in weight too. My belief is that Tryamkin can hold people off with his arms, where Dmen like

Hughes, Rathbone, Krug, Fox, etc, have to use positioning and superior skating....kind of apple and oranges, but both effective if done well.

 

IMO, Benning should be signing Tryamkin to a 3 year contract in the range of 2 to 2.5 million a year, less if he can get away with it. 

 

In regards to Rafferty.......lets just get over with..............Rafferty is not deemed a NHL Dman, by Benning, or he would have been here, instead of Hamonic. If he does make it, it will be as a PP guy, which does not make sense, with both Hughes and Schmidt here. Also having Juolevi, and Rathbone as Offensive point men, just puts Rafferty so far down the list.......of course injuries could change that, but that is about the only way Rafferty gets here.

 

IMO, we can not just watch Tryamkin skate into the sunset.

 

I am also a little confused, as I think we could have signed Tryamkin and loaned him to the SHL, to keep him skating, until we needed him, whether that be, late this year or next. Maybe it has more to due with the Expansion draft, than anything, but, I am sure we need to get him here, by next September.

 

there was a CAP issue was there not? Also it was not clear whether there would be an NHL season so he re-signed in the KHL. 

  • Hydration 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Provost said:

Yes it has.

In incredibly short order, the big bruising type of defencemean role has evaporated or become a marginal role.  Listen to any of the hockey people talk and it has become all about speed now.

Victor Hedman seems to make out okay.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Victor Hedman seems to make out okay.

Yeah, and I don't think Shea Webber or Alex Pietrangelo look all that bad either

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets get this speed thing out of the window......

 

Players have not gotten faster

 

The game has a faster transition, but that is about it

 

Some of the rules have been altered to make it faster

 

But again......the players are not faster.....not over the past 3 years, that is for sure

 

I mean McDavid is in his 6th year, so how many guys are McDavid fast?

 

Tryamkin played against McDavid.....so how did that turn out?

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matter of fact.......................against McDavid in the 2016 -2017 season, played..........games

 

 

April 9...............+2 +/-.........................21:02

April 8.................0..............................17:50

March 18............0..............................16:25

Dec, 31...............0..............................16:44

 

He averaged approx.17:30 per game

 

I am sure some of those shifts must have been against the best hockey player in the world?

 

I am just saying..........?????

 

PS..............McDavid was the same +2 as Tryamkin during those games.....it just was not against Tryamkin

 

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrong thread - thought I was in game thread

Edited by Slegr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Victor Hedman seems to make out okay.

Hedman is one of the best skaters out there... that isn't the same league.  Same with a guy like Pietrangelo... one of his key assets is his speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Provost said:

Hedman is one of the best skaters out there... that isn't the same league.  Same with a guy like Pietrangelo... one of his key assets is his speed.

Tryamkin’s skating has never been the knock on him, regarding him: skates well for a big guy.

 

Scouting report from Elite Prospects:

A colossal defensive defenceman that skates well and understands both sides of the puck. Displays fluid four-way skating ability and backchecks hard. Very proactive stick and adheres to the physical side of the game. Finds lanes and tracks the puck well in his own end, and will pressure the opposition to make hastier decisions. Great vision and willingness to move the puck up-ice quickly. Possesses a very strong shot and natural puck skills. Very good positionally in the offensive end and knows how to hem the opponents in. Excellent board play and always looks to keep opponents to the outside. [EP]”

 

Dobber Prospects on Tryamkin: “A massive presence on the back end who skates like the wind and possesses a booming shot. Given the right opportunity could become a multi-category stud. Getting him back across the pond will be the challenge.”

Edited by Ray_Cathode
Added Dobber scouting report
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Tryamkin’s skating has never been the knock on him, regarding him: skates well for a big guy.

 

Scouting report from Elite Prospects:

A colossal defensive defenceman that skates well and understands both sides of the puck. Displays fluid four-way skating ability and backchecks hard. Very proactive stick and adheres to the physical side of the game. Finds lanes and tracks the puck well in his own end, and will pressure the opposition to make hastier decisions. Great vision and willingness to move the puck up-ice quickly. Possesses a very strong shot and natural puck skills. Very good positionally in the offensive end and knows how to hem the opponents in. Excellent board play and always looks to keep opponents to the outside. [EP]”

 

Dobber Prospects on Tryamkin: “A massive presence on the back end who skates like the wind and possesses a booming shot. Given the right opportunity could become a multi-category stud. Getting him back across the pond will be the challenge.”

No, No, No! Ray!

Tryamkin's skating and hockey ability has regressed

All athletes regress in their prime....especially in Russia

You know, like Provost says

It is really because they skate on sub par ice, with sub par skates

and like they drink Vodka before every game and practice, and their coaching is sub par

because, you know, there are no good skaters in the KHL

:picard:

This reminds me of how we were just going to kill the Russians in 1972

Because they were amateur's, and did not know the pro-game

Well they sure learned quick, didn't they! And they could all skate! How could this be?

:picard:

It just amazes me, how these guys just absolutely know, and you and I have no clue

My only worry is he ages out before we ever get him over here.....

Or he signs a 1 year show me contract and then walks after he finishes it, and everybody discovers he can skate

Which I would not blame him for.............

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.