The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

Agreed. His agent isn't very happy with the Nucks management and doesn't owe them a thing in signing here. 

I'd sign in Tampa, SJ, ANA, SEA, if I was Treebeard.

Is anyone happy with Canucks management these days?

• Wat 1

On 1/26/2021 at 3:55 AM, VegasCanuck said:

Tough call. On the one hand, they have to call it, but the Tryamkin was already committed to the hit when the guy turned. He didn't hit him hard, just more leaned into him a little.

It’s probably a call you have to make. However it wasn’t a malicious hit he’s gone to squeeze him out, the guy has ducked at turned at point of contact.

Call was fair but it wasn’t an intentional bad hit 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

It’s probably a call you have to make. However it wasn’t a malicious hit he’s gone to squeeze him out, the guy has ducked at turned at point of contact.

Call was fair but it wasn’t an intentional bad hit 

You know, I actually am getting tired of players, who to avoid the hit, turn, and expose their back, then once getting hurt, go down and expect some sort of justice.

Just take the hit on your side and protect yourself...........miscalculation on the player.........Tryamkin is just so bloody big, and there is no give.......that is not on him.

I am actually amazed how many times you see a guy turn just before a hit doing exactly the same thing............just take the hit........I have absolutely no mercy for 

those types of players..........just don't go there in the first place

37 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

You know, I actually am getting tired of players, who to avoid the hit, turn, and expose their back, then once getting hurt, go down and expect some sort of justice.

Just take the hit on your side and protect yourself...........miscalculation on the player.........Tryamkin is just so bloody big, and there is no give.......that is not on him.

I am actually amazed how many times you see a guy turn just before a hit doing exactly the same thing............just take the hit........I have absolutely no mercy for 

Don’t think it’s quite that simple. When I played hockey at uni we had a guy who could squeeze though gaps others couldn’t and could turn on a dime and undress a dman along the board, a quick. Turn move and pass often left us with an odd man advantage in front of the net.

occasionally he got pasted. I would imagine at the professional level most players have probably been able to do that at some point and probably back themselves to be able to turn sharply and miss the hit altogether in order to keep the play live.

56 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I don't entirely disagree with you, but I suspect that if I had 6'8, 260 lbs of muscle and bone Dman about to squash me, there is a decent chance that I would turn away too.

Even if I had no intention of doing so, my body might be like "no, I don't want to die, get me out of here!"

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Hilarious how so many here are intent on Moving Nik for an unknown draft pick or fodder...  or thinking he is just going to sign with another club lol.

1. The Canucks Hold his right until the end of next season.

2.  He is everything our D core is missing st the moment.

He chose not to sign with the Canucks already several times. His wife didn't like it here, he didn't like the weed culture of the city, he didn't want to put in the level of commitment and effort to be in the NHL fitness wize, he didn't want to have to earn his minutes over vets annnd he didn't want to watch video of Chris freaking Pronger. If he wanted to return to the Canucks he would have already. 

1. You think he will sign with us because of Stockholm syndrome? 

2. You're right all of our D have earned their way to the NHL through commitment to the process.

As much as I was a fan of Nik for the season he was here. I just don't see how anything has changed where he would sign here if he hasn't already. He seems quite content where he is until the Canucks no longer hold his rights.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Whalespray said:

He chose not to sign with the Canucks already several times. His wife didn't like it here, he didn't like the weed culture of the city, he didn't want to put in the level of commitment and effort to be in the NHL fitness wize, he didn't want to have to earn his minutes over vets annnd he didn't want to watch video of Chris freaking Pronger. If he wanted to return to the Canucks he would have already. 

1. You think he will sign with us because of Stockholm syndrome? 

2. You're right all of our D have earned their way to the NHL through commitment to the process.

As much as I was a fan of Nik for the season he was here. I just don't see how anything has changed where he would sign here if he hasn't already. He seems quite content where he is until the Canucks no longer hold his rights.  

Aside from none of that being true... good point.

He decided not to re-sign with us exactly once, and that was when his contract expired.  The Canucks didn't want to offer him a one-way deal this time, so were offering him a Utica job.  He would also have had to wait almost an entire year before playing hockey again without a guarantee of an NHL salary or at the time with no knowledge of whether the NHL was even going to have a season.  He could re-sign with his KHL club and be sure of a paycheque and more importantly getting to be able to play.

The whole weed culture thing has been thoroughly debunked.  He made one comment about how he was surprised at how prevalent it was, and never mentioned being bothered by it or it being a reason why he didn't want to stay.
He was absolutely fit enough to play and put in a ton of effort when he came over for his contract.  He worked out like a demon while waiting to get into the lineup.
He made it clear his reason for leaving was not having any communication with the coaching staff, and not getting any sense of where and if he fit on the team.  He said he would play great one night and a lot of minutes, then be benched the next night or stapled to the bench without any reason given.  He also said that he wanted to play somewhere that he could be an important part of his team.

His camp tried really hard to get him a 1 way deal with the Canucks this offseason.  They weren't asking for term or big dollars.  The team was unwilling to put a one-way deal on the table at all.  It would make no sense to sign that and lose his chance at playing the entire KHL season which was already starting up when his agent finally gave up trying to sign with the Canucks.

There is plenty of blame that lies with the team during his first stint.  He regularly outplayed some of the awful D we had in our lineup at the time, and still got put in the press box. The team didn't do anything to make him or his wife comfortable and welcomed like most teams do for families.

I don't know if he will ever play for us, but basically everything you said isn't true and this coming offseason will represent the only real opportunity for him to re-sign with us after his initial stint.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1