The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

5 hours ago, Whalespray said:

He chose not to sign with the Canucks already several times. His wife didn't like it here, he didn't like the weed culture of the city, he didn't want to put in the level of commitment and effort to be in the NHL fitness wize, he didn't want to have to earn his minutes over vets annnd he didn't want to watch video of Chris freaking Pronger. If he wanted to return to the Canucks he would have already. 

1. You think he will sign with us because of Stockholm syndrome? 

2. You're right all of our D have earned their way to the NHL through commitment to the process.

As much as I was a fan of Nik for the season he was here. I just don't see how anything has changed where he would sign here if he hasn't already. He seems quite content where he is until the Canucks no longer hold his rights.  

He chose not to sign with us only once. Because of family decisions. Also Toronto smells like weed too, its legal, and its everywhere. He was a rookie then and held his own against top level NHL talent, just ask the Ducks. Why so much hate for a third round prospect?

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

You know, I actually am getting tired of players, who to avoid the hit, turn, and expose their back, then once getting hurt, go down and expect some sort of justice.

Just take the hit on your side and protect yourself...........miscalculation on the player.........Tryamkin is just so bloody big, and there is no give.......that is not on him.

I am actually amazed how many times you see a guy turn just before a hit doing exactly the same thing............just take the hit........I have absolutely no mercy for 

those types of players..........just don't go there in the first place

When I was younger and more fearless I did Tae Kwon Do. This fighting is supposed to be mainly kicking but you can throw opponents. It never failed that if someone got in close on me I would come around and use my elbow. I tried to cure myself of this but had little luck. Instinct or something? Never had any problem like that in hockey. :sadno:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

I don't entirely disagree with you, but I suspect that if I had 6'8, 260 lbs of muscle and bone Dman about to squash me, there is a decent chance that I would turn away too.

Even if I had no intention of doing so, my body might be like "no, I don't want to die, get me out of here!"

totally agree with you

But to underline the stated point....it is the player that gets hit that make the decision.......

Here is my point in detail

The guy that gets hit knows exactly where he is going, whether he will turn, duck, or what ever......

The opposing player is basically delayed and will be milli-seconds behind in the play

When in close quarters like the Nikita hit, there is even less time for the opposing player to change direction

This is actually why guys do change direction, as they have a better chance of being missed......

and a better chance of keeping the puck

but in the end, it is the puck carrier that dictates, what will happen next

The trouble for the puck carrier in this case, is he got caught by a bigger body, in his turn

and because of Physics, he lost the battle and got carried along the boards

now, if he had continued straight, he would have gotten shmushed, but may have kept his teeth

but in the end.....the puck carrier dictated the play

He just lost, and the referees only have milli seconds to figure it out.

and figure out intent of what actually happened

I don't actually have a problem with the penalty

but in reality.......the did not have to put himself in that position

as could have bailed earlier..........

As we continually say........Tryamkin is big and fast

and a smaller rink....that is going to work in his favor

Edited by janisahockeynut

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

When I was younger and more fearless I did Tae Kwon Do. This fighting is supposed to be mainly kicking but you can throw opponents. It never failed that if someone got in close on me I would come around and use my elbow. I tried to cure myself of this but had little luck. Instinct or something? Never had any problem like that in hockey. :sadno:

LOL....good point

When I was young I used to box

One day, I boxed a new kid, and every time I circled to the left, bam! He caught me with a round house

I was just having trouble seeing it start.......and by the time I figured it out, he had hit me.......

It did not take long before I stopped circling to the left......

My ear and jaw, thanked me!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Provost said:

Aside from none of that being true... good point.

He decided not to re-sign with us exactly once, and that was when his contract expired.  The Canucks didn't want to offer him a one-way deal this time, so were offering him a Utica job.  He would also have had to wait almost an entire year before playing hockey again without a guarantee of an NHL salary or at the time with no knowledge of whether the NHL was even going to have a season.  He could re-sign with his KHL club and be sure of a paycheque and more importantly getting to be able to play.

The whole weed culture thing has been thoroughly debunked.  He made one comment about how he was surprised at how prevalent it was, and never mentioned being bothered by it or it being a reason why he didn't want to stay.
He was absolutely fit enough to play and put in a ton of effort when he came over for his contract.  He worked out like a demon while waiting to get into the lineup.
He made it clear his reason for leaving was not having any communication with the coaching staff, and not getting any sense of where and if he fit on the team.  He said he would play great one night and a lot of minutes, then be benched the next night or stapled to the bench without any reason given.  He also said that he wanted to play somewhere that he could be an important part of his team.

His camp tried really hard to get him a 1 way deal with the Canucks this offseason.  They weren't asking for term or big dollars.  The team was unwilling to put a one-way deal on the table at all.  It would make no sense to sign that and lose his chance at playing the entire KHL season which was already starting up when his agent finally gave up trying to sign with the Canucks.

There is plenty of blame that lies with the team during his first stint.  He regularly outplayed some of the awful D we had in our lineup at the time, and still got put in the press box. The team didn't do anything to make him or his wife comfortable and welcomed like most teams do for families.

I don't know if he will ever play for us, but basically everything you said isn't true and this coming offseason will represent the only real opportunity for him to re-sign with us after his initial stint.

It stands to reason that if he wanted to be here he would be already. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Also we weren't even sure we'd have a season and here we are with an abbreviated one.

Yes, when he had to make a decision in the summer, there was no assurance that there would be any NHL season at all, while the KHL season was about to start. When you have a family to feed, you take the sure paycheque, rather than waiting and hoping for a bigger paycheque that might not come at all.

Claiming that he made the choice because he doesn't want to come to Vancouver is just plain stupid. He will be wearing a Canucks uniform sometime this calendar year imo.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Tryamkin 

I'm sure his salary is better in the KHL than in the AHL

Ya, we can’t blame his not signing this offseason on him at all.  It was COVID and the Canucks.

He was given the choice of signing for an AHL contract for very little money for a season that may or may not happen, and would almost certainly mean a full calendar year between games even if the AHL/NHL season did go ahead.

He waited right until the start of KHL camps to finally sign a 1 year deal when it became obvious he wasn’t getting an NHL contract offer from the Canucks.

He has now pocketed probably close to a million dollars and almost finished his whole season in the KHL and the NHL is barely started.  He didn’t have to worry about escrow, deferrals or any of that.

Signing only a 1 year extension is a pretty good signal that he wants to give the NHL another shot. If we can get him on a 2 year/$2 million per year deal we would be well served.

• Cheers 2

We badly need this guy here next year.

Not because we expect him to provide tons of offense, we need someone who instills fear in opposition forwards, when they enter the Canucks zone and try and get to the net.

He doesn't have to hammer people, just be that big, heavy presence who can clear the crease.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

OK we get it your not a fan of Tryamkin. 

I like Tryamkin just fine. Just pointing out the obvious that if he wanted to be playing here he would be. A deal would have been made by now between Avto and the Canucks. He would have signed this offseason. Or years ago never have signed with Avto in the first place. It's weird to me how some people never seem to have gotten over him leaving us. 

Crying Dawson GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

2 hours ago, Whalespray said:

I like Tryamkin just fine. Just pointing out the obvious that if he wanted to be playing here he would be. A deal would have been made by now between Avto and the Canucks. He would have signed this offseason. Or years ago never have signed with Avto in the first place. It's weird to me how some people never seem to have gotten over him leaving us. 

Crying Dawson GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Honestly Man.......you are not getting it.

We are talking about a 3/4/5/6

who is that because of skating and size

he has the "IT"

But this time around the Canucks were not in the position when he HAD to decide

because his YEARS wages were in jeopardy.....

The NHL was not a for sure......and the Canucks were not offering a 1 way contract

Now this has been said many time , different ways, by different people

Would you take a job that maybe not happen, and you might have to give up alot more than you are making at your current job?

I doubt it very much........................so he stayed in Russia, as you would under the same conditions

Now, the reasons why Vancouver were not offering more is that there may not have been a season and for his potential position

it was not worth the risk of signing him  to a 2 million dollar one way contract, because he may not even play, or he might not be good enough

and because this is a covid year....they are not trying to give away the money......

Remember at that time they were also still chasing OEL for big money

It is not 1 domino, it is a lot of different domino's

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

10 hours ago, Whalespray said:

He chose not to sign with the Canucks already several times. His wife didn't like it here, he didn't like the weed culture of the city, he didn't want to put in the level of commitment and effort to be in the NHL fitness wize, he didn't want to have to earn his minutes over vets annnd he didn't want to watch video of Chris freaking Pronger. If he wanted to return to the Canucks he would have already. 

1. You think he will sign with us because of Stockholm syndrome? 

2. You're right all of our D have earned their way to the NHL through commitment to the process.

As much as I was a fan of Nik for the season he was here. I just don't see how anything has changed where he would sign here if he hasn't already. He seems quite content where he is until the Canucks no longer hold his rights.  

This is something copied and pasted from 2017 right?!?    LMFAO!

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yes, when he had to make a decision in the summer, there was no assurance that there would be any NHL season at all, while the KHL season was about to start. When you have a family to feed, you take the sure paycheque, rather than waiting and hoping for a bigger paycheque that might not come at all.

Claiming that he made the choice because he doesn't want to come to Vancouver is just plain stupid. He will be wearing a Canucks uniform sometime this calendar year imo.

God I hope so

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I saw that drop pass! From the face off circle :lol: definitely worthy of a second assist. Great carry into the zone and better than just dumping it in. Is that coached or did he decide himself?

I think it’s a bit of both Hairy,  you and I have watched him enough,.  He has always had that offensive prowess,. It showed at the WJC he was in.. then when he went pro, he seemed to be encouraged to stay “home” more..

I think Bill Peters has Nik playing to the strengths of his own decisions now..

I think BP has green lit him.

• Cheers 2