The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

7 hours ago, Googlie said:

Same could be said of Woo.  Perhaps his pairing with a similar style of player in Rathbone is auditioning for an eventual partnership with Huggy Bear 

Neither of Tryamkin nor Woo are untalented in their own rights. On his first year back in Russia, Try was 9g 17a in 42 GP that is nearly a fifty point pace in an 82 game season. Woo racked plenty of points in the WHL. Partnered with Rathbone will likely add to Woo’s point totals as the season wears on. 

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

The great thing about all of this is that both Nik and Zhukenov have had solid icetime this season,.  Seems to me the prospects affiliated with the AHL  have not been getting much ice because of C19 in North America..  all teams avg 8 games played to this point.

This says a lot about development for all NHL prospects in North America.

it really does. I wish we had picked up another goalie and at least let DiPietro develop... right now we have our top goalie prospect doing nothing :( 

with the season in the crapper I hope we can pick up a goalie off waivers and get Mikey some AHL time. 

But as you point out, at least we have some development happening in Russia with Nik, Zhukenov and Podkolzin.

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it really does. I wish we had picked up another goalie and at least let DiPietro develop... right now we have our top goalie prospect doing nothing :( 

with the season in the crapper I hope we can pick up a goalie off waivers and get Mikey some AHL time. 

But as you point out, at least we have some development happening in Russia with Nik, Zhukenov and Podkolzin.

I never could figure out why a few months ago so many posters desperately wanted Pods to come over to North America immediately, so he could sit around doing nothing rather than continuing to play and develop in Russia.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Well, not exactly.  He is in the taxi squad, practicing with the team, and avidly listening to and soaking up everything that Clark is imparting to Holtby, Demko and, yes, DiPietro.  It's not wasted time,  it's invest in the future time

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, KingRaj91 said:

I honestly don't think NT is coming back. He's doing well in Russia and things are going well for him, not too sure if he's going to want to leave a comfortable life there to play in Van. Hope i'm wrong though. 

Here's an article from right after he signed his 1 year KHL deal:

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/nyet-yet-canucks-nikita-tryamkin-is-staying-in-russia

It's things like this that make me certain we'll see him in a Canuck uni again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Well, not exactly.  He is in the taxi squad, practicing with the team, and avidly listening to and soaking up everything that Clark is imparting to Holtby, Demko and, yes, DiPietro.  It's not wasted time,  it's invest in the future time

nothing beats playing time tho. Its concerning to me if his entire year is only these activities. 

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

I never could figure out why a few months ago so many posters desperately wanted Pods to come over to North America immediately, so he could sit around doing nothing rather than continuing to play and develop in Russia.

dunno, I wouldn't want him on the taxi squad e.g. like Mikey is. I'm very happy with how Podz has developed, I think a lot of the angst was driven by some of our more marginal social media folks in Vancouver. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Try's playoffs start tomorrow vs Avengard. Auto was a .500 team in wins 30 W- 30 L record, and Avengard was 36 W- 24 L,  and +46 in goal differential. 

Try's team Auto was -2 in goal differential. My guess is Try will probably be out of the playoffs by next Monday. Auto might get one or two wins. Goaltending and scoring haven't been great for Auto.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, KingRaj91 said:

I honestly don't think NT is coming back. He's doing well in Russia and things are going well for him, not too sure if he's going to want to leave a comfortable life there to play in Van. Hope i'm wrong though. 

I was just about to tell you to go back to Calgary, until I read your last sentence. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I hope Tryamkin comes back, but I don't want that mental defect BumGardener running the defense when and if he does return. 

He didn’t like Willie

he won’t like what we have now 

lets hope we clean house before he arrives 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

53 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Try's playoffs start tomorrow vs Avengard. Auto was a .500 team in wins 30 W- 30 L record, and Avengard was 36 W- 24 L,  and +46 in goal differential. 

Try's team Auto was -2 in goal differential. My guess is Try will probably be out of the playoffs by next Monday. Auto might get one or two wins. Goaltending and scoring haven't been great for Auto.

sorry if its been covered, but if Nik does come and play a game with us this season, will he then need expansion protection? 

3 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I have this dream that Tryamkin and Myers become a dynamic duo.

The twin towers, in pre 9/11 NYK, cann you imagine these two killing penalties   :)

Edited by Fred65
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Thats my understanding as well

Yeah, IIRC under the expansion rules, there’s no 10+ games played requirement for players over age 20, so a single game counts as a professional year for Tryamkin, and therefore him playing for Vancouver this season would make him a 3rd year professional, for expansion purposes.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

sorry if its been covered, but if Nik does come and play a game with us this season, will he then need expansion protection? 

1 hour ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Thats my understanding as well

13 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, IIRC under the expansion rules, there’s no 10+ games played requirement for players over age 20, so a single game counts as a professional year for Tryamkin, and therefore him playing for Vancouver this season would make him a 3rd year professional, for expansion purposes.

Correct me if I am wrong but Canucks can only sign Tryamkin for next season as he is an RFA and the deadline to sign RFA's has past (Feb. 11th?)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CR7 said:

Correct me if I am wrong but Canucks can only sign Tryamkin for next season as he is an RFA and the deadline to sign RFA's has past (Feb. 11th?)

That’s my understanding as well. The RFA deadline prevents him joining the team this season and renders this discussion moot. Was more just answering the hypothetical, in which Tryamkin did play this season, and therefore required protection for expansion. But everyone involved (Tryamkin, Diamond, Benning, etc) has been pretty clear that any contract will be for 2021-22 (although it may be signed as early as this April—but it will be effective next season).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

That’s my understanding as well. The RFA deadline prevents him joining the team this season and renders this discussion moot. Was more just answering the hypothetical, in which Tryamkin did play this season, and therefore required protection for expansion. But everyone involved (Tryamkin, Diamond, Benning, etc) has been pretty clear that any contract will be for 2021-22 (although it may be signed as early as this April—but it will be effective next season).

Gotcha. I hope, if they do plan or resigning him, they get it out of the way as early as possibly to prevent any return to KHL