The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

11 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

To bad that Pedan just was not skilled enough hockey wise to stick with the Canucks. His pugilistic skill was very good and he could have been a dominant presence on the back end of any NHL team if his skating and positioning had been better. After watching him KO Tinordi while playing in Utica; I liked to refer to him as one punch Pedan lol.

I liked Pedan too.  But unfortunately, as they say, karma's a b****.  He got one-punched himself in the A, by Stu Bickell, and never seemed as dominant a fighter after this (https://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/128947) .  Too bad, I had high hopes for him as a #6 D here at one point in time.

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Vintage 2

7 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

I liked Pedan too.  But unfortunately, as they say, karma's a b****.  He got one-punched himself in the A, by Stu Bickell, and never seemed as dominant a fighter after this (https://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/128947) .  Too bad, I had high hopes for him as a #6 D here at one point in time.

The motto of a fighter: ya win some ya lose some. They were both tough customers along with a few others around the league.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Fred65 said:

I see Pedan is playing with Kazan Ak Bars  in the KHL and has 6 + 11 iin 52 games and  87 PIM's which is actually better than Tryamkin  3 + 12 in 60 games and 53 PIM's  :)

I think Pedan was another that suffered through the lack of development durring the WD years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I think Pedan was another that suffered through the lack of development durring the WD years.

I think your right. Willie was more of a what can you offer me rather than what can I offer you, Green is much the same but not as extreme as Willie

• Cheers 2

On 3/2/2021 at 11:11 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

J Lemaire looked good too yelling at his players to get them pumped up.  I don't know what language he was yelling though. Half Russian half French half English 

Lemaire was given’ ‘em the good ole one and a half, huh?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BCNate said:

So can I assume we are potentially 2 games away from signing Tram?

Would he be able to play after quarantine?

No I don't think so, RFA's had a Feb 11th cut off. 

Watched the Tryamkin game. I thought for sure he had an assist. Slapshot on goal and Auto scored on the rebound.

Avangard wins 4-3,  ahead 2-0 in games on Tryamkins squad.

Tryamkin with a couple nice hits and a couple good poke checks, one goal line save of a puck behind his goalie Kovar. 

Weird game Avangard player gets taken into the boards, injured and getting helped off the ice, at the same time a linesman faints and gets taken off on a stretcher. I actually liked the one linesman look, one less body and skates to avoid at the blueline. Lone linesman then just toggled blueline to blueline.

Auto loses 2 goals on two different coaches challenges, the second challenge took 10 minutes to review. Lemaire coaching with a lot of energy behind the Avangard bench. Engaged with the refs, talking to his players individually, yelling at his players in English I think, or could've been French or broken Russian, who knows.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Trym did get 1 assist 

5 blocked shots 

3 hits

24 for 32 passing

Skated 4.5 km

2 shots

im not sure his ice time its not listed.

I tried watching the game but the stream kept dropping. I may need better wi-fies.

i did see him do a rush wide on the leftside and wristed it from the circle. My stream dropped just at that point. 

Edited by HockeyHarry

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

No I don't think so, RFA's had a Feb 11th cut off. 

Watched the Tryamkin game. I thought for sure he had an assist. Slapshot on goal and Auto scored on the rebound.

Avangard wins 4-3,  ahead 2-0 in games on Tryamkins squad.

Tryamkin with a couple nice hits and a couple good poke checks, one goal line save of a puck behind his goalie Kovar. 

Weird game Avangard player gets taken into the boards, injured and getting helped off the ice, at the same time a linesman faints and gets taken off on a stretcher. I actually liked the one linesman look, one less body and skates to avoid at the blueline. Lone linesman then just toggled blueline to blueline.

Auto loses 2 goals on two different coaches challenges, the second challenge took 10 minutes to review. Lemaire coaching with a lot of energy behind the Avangard bench. Engaged with the refs, talking to his players individually, yelling at his players in English I think, or could've been French or broken Russian, who knows.

So I know he can’t play this season but can he not be signed to a contract now for next season?

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So I know he can’t play this season but can he not be signed to a contract now for next season?

Well they have his rights for next season, what I'm thinking is they may need a contract spot open for possible ED trades. 

And I'm not sure if he can work out with the team without a contract. But I like we don't have to use a spot to protect him in the ED.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Well they have his rights for next season, what I'm thinking is they may need a contract spot open for possible ED trades. 

And I'm not sure if he can work out with the team without a contract. But I like we don't have to use a spot to protect him in the ED.

55 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

But knowing we are losing Edler, Hamonic and others , the Canucks should theoretically sign him to something of fair value for 2 years to settle his thoughts here and begin his life here ASAP..   one would think, anyways.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

But knowing we are losing Edler, Hamonic and others , the Canucks should theoretically sign him to something of fair value for 2 years to settle his thoughts here and begin his life here ASAP..   one would think, anyways.

It would be great to have him signed asap, and working out with the taxi squad.

• Cheers 3

7 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think Edler will be back for one more season, but probably more in the 3.5 million range.

I would like to see Tryamkin sign for around 2.5 million / 2 seasons. That should be enough time to see if he's going to be able to really make the full leap to North America and be happy here. I think his game would thrive here, but that doesn't mean that he will.

He skates pretty well (not pretty well for a big guy but good regardless) he does take the puck up the ice well when he goes but it’s usually through the traffic and not utilising the extra space on the wider rink. I think with the development stage he is at and the smaller ice he should do very well

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think Edler will be back for one more season, but probably more in the 3.5 million range.

I would like to see Tryamkin sign for around 2.5 million / 2 seasons. That should be enough time to see if he's going to be able to really make the full leap to North America and be happy here. I think his game would thrive here, but that doesn't mean that he will.

That is pretty much exactly what I expect to see. And I think that his game, he, and his wife will all thrive here.

• Cheers 2

The problem with signing Edler for a couple more seasons is that Green will play a veteran over a rookie pretty much every time. We have young players, such as Yuolevi, Tryamkin, and possibly Rathbone that are at a stage where they have little or nothing left to prove in the AHL. With Hughes, Schmidt, and Edler taking up spots on the left side, there is no room to find out who is the best of the young guys and this team needs to improve on the back end and Edler is neither getting younger nor better, in fact, quite the opposite. On a rebuilding team, I don’t think we need to repeat the mistake we made with the Sedins - keeping them two years longer than they were positive values. Had we started rebuilding two years earlier, we may have already been a sure playoff, maybe even a contending team.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

The problem with signing Edler for a couple more seasons is that Green will play a veteran over a rookie pretty much every time. We have young players, such as Yuolevi, Tryamkin, and possibly Rathbone that are at a stage where they have little or nothing left to prove in the AHL. With Hughes, Schmidt, and Edler taking up spots on the left side, there is no room to find out who is the best of the young guys and this team needs to improve on the back end and Edler is neither getting younger nor better, in fact, quite the opposite. On a rebuilding team, I don’t think we need to repeat the mistake we made with the Sedins - keeping them two years longer than they were positive values. Had we started rebuilding two years earlier, we may have already been a sure playoff, maybe even a contending team.

Schmidt plays RD more than LD. As does Tryamkin FWIW. 

Plenty of room presently on our right side for Tryamkin. I'm perfectly fine going in to next year with Schmidt, Myers and Tryamkin.

Rathbone can slot in for injuries/battle with Juolevi for minutes on the left next year behind Hughes and Edler, with Edler eventually sliding down and out of the roster.