The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

4 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

this is how i see (and hope) next year lineup.

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Hoglander Horvat Podkolzin

Virtanen Sutter Gaudette

Hawryluk Beagle Motte

McEwen

Schmidt Myers/Hamonic

Hughes Tryamkin

Juolevi Hamonic/Myers

Rathbone

Demko

Backup

I don't see Sutter coming back as he is a UFA  and we will not have extra money to sign him...

On 3/4/2021 at 3:55 PM, VegasCanuck said:

I think Edler will be back for one more season, but probably more in the 3.5 million range.

I would like to see Tryamkin sign for around 2.5 million / 2 seasons. That should be enough time to see if he's going to be able to really make the full leap to North America and be happy here. I think his game would thrive here, but that doesn't mean that he will.

With the way Hamonic has been playing lately, we should also bring him back to bolster overall depth on defence. Every team goes through injuries on the back end so everyone will get a chance to play.

QH-Hamonic

Edler-Schmidt

Juolevi-Myers

Rathbone-Tryamkin

5 hours ago, deus.ex.makina said:

this is how i see (and hope) next year lineup.

Miller Pettersson Boeser

Hoglander Horvat Podkolzin

Virtanen Sutter Gaudette

Hawryluk Beagle Motte

McEwen

Schmidt Myers/Hamonic

Hughes Tryamkin

Juolevi Hamonic/Myers

Rathbone

Demko

Backup

Guessing about next year, I think Pearson is back and Sutter is not. I  also I think Edler and Hamonic are back. Very possible that Miller Pettersson and Horvat all play centre at least part of the time. Eriksson and Holtby bought out. MacEwen lost in ED. Roussel sent down.

Hoglander  Pettersson   Boeser

Pearson   Horvat  Virtanen

Gaudette  Miller  Podkolzin

Motte     Beagle     Lind

Hawryluk

Hughes  Hamonic

Edler    Schmidt

Juolevi   Myers

Rathbone Tryamkin

Demko

Backup

3 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Guessing about next year, I think Pearson is back and Sutter is not. I  also I think Edler and Hamonic are back. Very possible that Miller Pettersson and Horvat all play centre at least part of the time. Eriksson and Holtby bought out. MacEwen lost in ED. Roussel sent down.

Hoglander  Pettersson   Boeser

Pearson   Horvat  Virtanen

Gaudette  Miller  Podkolzin

Motte     Beagle     Lind

Hawryluk

Hughes  Hamonic

Edler    Schmidt

Juolevi   Myers

Rathbone Tryamkin

Demko

Backup

With the way Sutter is playing this year, I wouldn't mind him back for around 1.5 million on a 1 year contract.

He's been solid!

• Hydration 1
16 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

With the way Sutter is playing this year, I wouldn't mind him back for around 1.5 million on a 1 year contract.

He's been solid!

If all these old, overpaid has beens are so great, why are we where we are? We have to improve a long way to be a legitimate contender, so where are we going to do that? Is Miller going? Pettersson? Boeser? Horvat?, Hoglander? That is five out of the top six. If Podkolzin adds to that mix, that leaves six forward spots that we have to improve dramatically. Keeping old dogs around stands in the way of that. The old guard, the guys of diminishing worth and high financial expectations has to go or we never get better - and we need to more than just get better to contend, we need to get dramatically better deep into the lineup.

• Hydration 1

Tram with the opening goal in a 4-3 overtime loss.  Down 3-1 in the series.  (Kovalchuck 2 goals and Boucher one, for the opposition)

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, GoCanucks16 said:

He's a mediocre defenceman who hasn't been in Vancouver in 4 years. The only explanation is people just like that he's big.

...... and mobile, and hits, and clears the crease, and intimidates, and, especially, can ragdoll Getzlaf.  Apart from that, he is very ordinary. 

• Hydration 4
19 minutes ago, Googlie said:

...... and mobile, and hits, and clears the crease, and intimidates, and, especially, can ragdoll Getzlaf.  Apart from that, he is very ordinary. 

Don't forget, he is also a most excellent icer of the puck. Outstanding at it actually.

18 minutes ago, Googlie said:

This.... tryamkin is the kind of guy who will play the last minute of a playoff game defending a lead.  Terrorize the skilled players in the regular season.   Mcdavid will need to respect him coming in on the rush.

2 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

tryamkin is the kind of guy who will play the last minute of a playoff game defending a lead

Then he will ice the puck and the Canucks get scored on, right of the ensuing face off.

Great idea.

2 hours ago, GoCanucks16 said:

He's a mediocre defenceman who hasn't been in Vancouver in 4 years. The only explanation is people just like that he's big.

What is your statement based on?

23 hours ago, Sbriggs said:

Virtanen should be gone

Not if he continues to play the way he has the last 2 games.

If he keeps showing up and putting in the work, all good!

• Sad 1