The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

My favorite hit I was waiting for in Auto's playoffs was a 50/50 puck that went into the corner. Tryamkin and a Avangard forward, they were both closing in with lots of  speed. It looked like a runaway train was coming, then the forward looked up, slowed down and stopped before he got to the puck. Tryamkin easily glided in and scooped it up and passed it forward. Wise move by the Avangard forward.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

There are posters on this thread who have watched him play the last 3-4 years on a regular basis.

He plays an above average game,  he is an above average skater,  with above average skills, and an above average defensive game that makes shutting down the offender such a simple play... usually unnoticed by the mediocre followers who think they watch him play.

the Canucks have nothing like him,  but everything they need is in that player.

It appears that everyone with a negative opinion of Tryamkin is bullied out of the thread, so I'm not sure how this supports anything you're saying?

He's hardly above average in anything. He's a 5th defenceman at best.

12 minutes ago, GoCanucks16 said:

It appears that everyone with a negative opinion of Tryamkin is bullied out of the thread, so I'm not sure how this supports anything you're saying?

He's waaaaay above average height, c'mon now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GoCanucks16 said:

I think everyone just wants you to back up random statements with facts and observations with example. 

I can say, "Water is wet", but people probably won't doubt me as much if I provide more example based context. "I fell in the pool, trust me, the water was wet. Go jump in and try it if you don't believe me"

:)

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Because that is what people say when they don't understand something. And from the brilliance of your posts, I suspect that happens to you a lot.

Again: how so?

e: I think from the wording of your posts that you're trying to insult me without outright using a pejorative term and ascribing it to me. This is still against the board rules.

Edited by GoCanucks16

18 minutes ago, GoCanucks16 said:

e: I think from the wording of your posts that you're trying to insult me without outright using a pejorative term and ascribing it to me. This is still against the board rules.

As is trolling. Like saying something stupidly negative with nothing at all to back it up, for the obvious purpose of annoying the Canucks fans.

Edited by WeneedLumme
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, GoCanucks16 said:

He's very much a team first guy, he'd gladly take the 5th position and run with it.

I don't believe it's so much bullying opposition opinions, it's more like taking out the trash. 

Everything is speculation until anyone of us sees how it all plays out.

Edited by BarnBurner
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, GoCanucks16 said:

Seems your not sure of many things..  your said it yourself.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

As is trolling. Like saying something stupidly negative with nothing at all to back it up, for the obvious purpose of annoying the Canucks fans.

Nothing I've said was stupid. People in here are overrating Tryamkin with extremeness.

38 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He's very much a team first guy, he'd gladly take the 5th position and run with it.

I don't think we have reason to be certain that's the case. He did book it from Dodge almost half a decade ago and hasn't returned.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Seems your not sure of many things..  your said it yourself.

I'm not going to play games of ridicule.

1 hour ago, GoCanucks16 said:

The truth is your looking for a lawsuit rather than bringing  any evidence to support your viewpoints,  your crying about bullying and fishing for reactions  with negative opinions designed to provoke conflict..

that in itself is what should be monitored by moderators more. 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, GoCanucks16 said:

Nothing I've said was stupid. People in here are overrating Tryamkin with extremeness.

I don't think we have reason to be certain that's the case. He did book it from Dodge almost half a decade ago and hasn't returned.

4 years ago isn't half a decade, and he was going to sign last year but covid messed that up..

So he signed a one year contract with his hometown team last fall, instead because we didn't know if we were going to have a season.. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The truth is your looking for a lawsuit rather than bringing  any evidence to support your viewpoints,  your crying about bullying and fishing for reactions  with negative opinions designed to provoke conflict..

that in itself is what should be monitored by moderators more. 

Do you really believe that having a negative opinion = trolling?

23 minutes ago, GoCanucks16 said:

Hughes

Rathbone

Schmidt

Edler if the money is right

Myers

Juolevi

And it would be nice to get Tryamkin signed to round that out.

Good group but not having seen Rath in action in the pro's I'd put OJ above him. Edler IMHO should be traded to a bubble team for a chance to win the cup this year, like TO. Edler is close to being this years Tanev. Tryamkin by all observations looks ready to commit to another year with us and a NHL challenge. Latest observation at Xmas team celebrations with Automobilist he was wearing Canuck gear.

He made the KHL all stars and wore the A, so no doubt they want to sign him longer term.

Hughes

Schmidt

Hamonic 

Myers

Joulevi

Tryamkin

Rath over Chatfield for sure. We'll see where Edler lands. He might resign for a lower deal. Tanev signed for 4.5M x 4 years. I don't think were going to commit to that range of price at that term for Edler.

Plus there wil be movement at the ED so JB might get a bargain trade like Schmidt. I'm hoping someone handy with their fists.

Or alternatively a low priced hard nosed UFA like Luke Schenn.Like 1-2M, someone for extra protection.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1