The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

How about Utica sign him and pay him Max amateur contract (what ever that is, if it even exists?) and let him get his feet wet.

I wonder if he would like the extra money?  (Note* It was $350,000 in 2018 max contract. If no NHL contract) So it might be worth it for him..

9 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Naaaahhh...   be 27 years old in late August...

Looks nothing like Chara at all ;)

The Michael Jackson of hockey fighters... hahaha He really needs to learn to drop the gloves. 

“But until we get some conclusion on what’s going to happen this year and get more information for next year, we’re in a holding pattern to wait to see what that looks like before we start talking term and numbers with him.” - JB

I'm not too encouraged by this quote from GM JB. He needs to get his $&!# together and get this guy on board. It sounded like last year NT's camp got impatient not hearing from JB and signed in Russia. I can see that happening again if we don't get going on this. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-inquire-khl-defenceman-tryamkins-plans-going-forward/

• Cheers 4

4 hours ago, Outsiders said:

I'll be really disappointed if Benning doesn't get him over here. Especially if it is oh we ran out of time. I have defended Benning but something tells me having to sign Hughes,Petey and now Demko players like Tryamkin will have to wait to see what money is left over. Benn's 2 million coming off the books should go straight to Tryamkin tho.

Honestly I just dont think the guy wants to be here.

16 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I realize we won’t get to see Tryamkin this season,.  But I do hope we get the chance to see Zhukenov and Podzolkin .

Zhukenov has shown well at a young age.

im looking forward to seeing a regular full season begin on its regular cycle starting in October..

im sure the players are too.

Amazing to think what Tryamkin might do considering the huge upgrade in talent on the Canucks since he left. Some nights he was a one man show trying to defend on a pretty bad roster. He will love his 2nd go around. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

53 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

All signs say otherwise, there was just too much uncertainty regarding if there was going to be an NHL season, with Benning and his agent in talks since the end of our playoffs. He needed to sign a contract with the KHL starting on time (Sept) as well. The fact that he signed a 1 year deal is pretty telling that he wants to give it another go over here, when he's been offered and rejected multi year deals with Avto going back to the start of the 2019-2020 season.

Time will tell I guess.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

The Michael Jackson of hockey fighters... hahaha He really needs to learn to drop the gloves. 

“But until we get some conclusion on what’s going to happen this year and get more information for next year, we’re in a holding pattern to wait to see what that looks like before we start talking term and numbers with him.” - JB

I'm not too encouraged by this quote from GM JB. He needs to get his $&!# together and get this guy on board. It sounded like last year NT's camp got impatient not hearing from JB and signed in Russia. I can see that happening again if we don't get going on this. 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/canucks-inquire-khl-defenceman-tryamkins-plans-going-forward/

That quote was from last April...

37 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

As there should be a lot more fluidity with the cap.

for sure. Its not like Nik is going to come in at 5 mil, there's room for this guy now if both sides want a deal. 

Ideally imo we'd be looking at a 3 or 4 year deal so we'd buy into some of his FA years. That probably comes at a cost but if Benning did something like 2.5 aav for 4 years I think that's low risk for Nik given how well he's developed. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Jim said that part last April, not recently. There's much more clarity now and no reason not to think they will try to sign him.

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That quote was from last April...

Yes, but it is typical procedure for GM JB to wait out till near the end of the signing period to get things done. How many of his signings does he actually get done early? With two major contracts to negotiate and uncertainty around the cap, I am not so confident that he gets this done before the likes of EP and Hughes. I hope he does though. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

Yes, but it is typical procedure for GM JB to wait out till near the end of the signing period to get things done. How many of his signings does he actually get done early? With two major contracts to negotiate and uncertainty around the cap, I am not so confident that he gets this done before the likes of EP and Hughes. I hope he does though. 

Yeah that's the truth, he paints himself into a corner and then ( Taffoli ) tells us we just ran out of time, that's an excuse not a reason. I remember Gillis telling us Gilman is a always prepared and never accepted other agents time line ie he controlled the negotiations. Personally I tend to think this team is sloppy ( I don't know that as a fact it just seems that way)

• Huggy Bear 1

He is never coming, I actually wouldn’t be surprised if we allow him to negotiate a contract with another team and trade his rights. He just doesn’t fit anywhere. His crybaby a$$ should’ve just sucked it up, he’d probably be far better off today then eating cold Borscht with a bunch of money in a depressing country. 

11 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Honestly I just dont think the guy wants to be here.

If he didn't want to be here they would have traded his rights. He wanted to come last year but pandemic caused it not to work out. Canucks have moved players if the player wants a fresh start elsewhere. It would be no different with Tryamkin. Clearly he hasn't closed the door on the Canucks 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

If he didn't want to be here they would have traded his rights. He wanted to come last year but pandemic caused it not to work out. Canucks have moved players if the player wants a fresh start elsewhere. It would be no different with Tryamkin. Clearly he hasn't closed the door on the Canucks 

I'm not sure he holds any value. Teams can just wait it out another year and he can play for someone like the caps at league minimum.

I don't really feel like getting into hypotheticals though. No one knows what benning or tryamkin are thinking. Like I said time will tell.