The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

19 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

ESPN nhl deal means good times ahead.

Canucks will have money for players.

Let’s hope so..  I think the real problem with our team has been not getting the performance out of the players that were paid for it.

I get that a GM. holds a lot of that responsibility,  but as a player , you should equally be responsible for accepting a contract worth 6 mil per ,.  And playing like your in beer league and afraid to get hurt.

• Cheers 1

Be nice to have some closure with Tryamkin this year if possible. Whether it’s moving his rights or signing him. I’d like to see him sign with the Canucks. Nothing long term. Be interesting to see where is game is at in the NHL

• RoughGame 1

52 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Didn't realize he would be on. For anyone else interested:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/reach-deep/todd-diamond-next-nikita-tryamkin/

All sounds very positive from Diamond .

Tryamkin s goal is to play in the nhl next season with the Canucks.

Diamond even dismissed the low ball question  of rights traded before UFA.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Be nice to have some closure with Tryamkin this year if possible. Whether it’s moving his rights or signing him. I’d like to see him sign with the Canucks. Nothing long term. Be interesting to see where is game is at in the NHL

I thought in the 67 ? Games he played with us as a rookie,.  He looked like a quality prospect of a caliber we didn’t have on defence.

I would say he has evolved into everything this club needs ,.  I have no doubt, considering his rookie season translated well from the KHL,.  That his next season with us will be anything less.

At 27 years old in August,  he is just coming into his prime.. typical of big powerful athletes.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

This kind of borderline racist comment isn’t that uncommon among our fan base, which surprises the heck out off me. Tryamkin is exactly what this team needs. He’s a very solid stay-at-home defenseman who actually intimidated the opposition. The closest we have to that is Edler, who has maybe one or two years left, and Benn, who is serviceable but not as physical or skilled as I’d like. 

Racist isn’t the word bub. Especially when I’m of Russian/ Ukrainian decent. Lol. We are both Caucasian. I’ve worked in Russia, it’s a horrible and depressing place.

He started his Canuck career demanding to only play in the NHL. He refused to adapt to the NA game in the AHL. Then he complained about the culture in Vancouver, then he left cause WD wouldn’t play him enough.

Yes, he would be a great addition at face value but he doesn’t seem like a team player. Almost every single D prospect we have is a LHD so if he still has the same attitude then we don’t need him. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

I thought in the 67 ? Games he played with us as a rookie,.  He looked like a quality prospect of a caliber we didn’t have on defence.

I would say he has evolved into everything this club needs ,.  I have no doubt, considering his rookie season translated well from the KHL,.  That his next season with us will be anything less.

I don’t goto many games live as I live in Northern BC however I was at Tryamkins first NHL game and man they crowd was so excited when he stepped on to the ice, every shift. I’ll always remember that cause it was such tough times being a fan and that was sorta the first sign of hope for the team at the time. Pretty cool to be there.

Anyways you’re probably right, I get worried about Russians coming over a bit but we’ve already seen him play so there’s that. I just hope fans don’t have too high of expectations like he’s gonna save the Canucks defence. But maybe he will 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

I don’t goto many games live as I live in Northern BC however I was at Tryamkins first NHL game and man they crowd was so excited when he stepped on to the ice, every shift. I’ll always remember that cause it was such tough times being a fan and that was sorta the first sign of hope for the team at the time. Pretty cool to be there.

Anyways you’re probably right, I get worried about Russians coming over a bit but we’ve already seen him play so there’s that. I just hope fans don’t have too high of expectations like he’s gonna save the Canucks defence. But maybe he will 

I remember the game,  watched it on tv..

watching him walk over the boards to step on the ice.

The edge he has developed this past season is vigilant..

He is going to become every body’s favourite dragon ..

hopefully signed ASAP,  and training in North America to be as powerful, and skillful as he can be ..

I still don’t see a ceiling on his potential..

but I do see a foundation his game is at that won’t deteriorate.. and is easily NHL level.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Gonna need someone that’s willing to police the game like Ferland.  Tryamkin isn’t really a consistent fighter like that but he’s that heavy support. 

On the contrary JD ..

rookie year he punished Troy Brouwer for hacking our goalie ( someone roll the highlights please) .. that was at 21-22 years old.. same with his bar fight scene with Anaheim.. 

he ragdolled Yakopov for a blindside hit on Drew Shore..

Jamie Benn hit a wall , twice in the same week.. flung to the ice like he was a used napkin.

Nik will Be 27 this year..

this was 2 weeks ago against a 6’1 power forward...

Ps... I kinda like the idea that he keeps his glove on in the hold / face jab ..

no cuts to his hand from a visor.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Convincing John said:

Racist isn’t the word bub. Especially when I’m of Russian/ Ukrainian decent. Lol. We are both Caucasian. I’ve worked in Russia, it’s a horrible and depressing place.

He started his Canuck career demanding to only play in the NHL. He refused to adapt to the NA game in the AHL. Then he complained about the culture in Vancouver, then he left cause WD wouldn’t play him enough.

Yes, he would be a great addition at face value but he doesn’t seem like a team player. Almost every single D prospect we have is a LHD so if he still has the same attitude then we don’t need him. 

Well at least Willie was fired..

somebody got that situation right, and it wasn’t Wllie.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

On the contrary JD ..

rookie year he punished Troy Brouwer for hacking our goalie ( someone roll the highlights please) .. that was at 21-22 years old.. same with his bar fight scene with Anaheim.. 

he ragdolled Yakopov for a blindside hit on Drew Shore..

Jamie Benn hit a wall , twice in the same week.. flung to the ice like he was a used napkin.

Nik will Be 27 this year..

this was 2 weeks ago against a 6’1 power forward...

He has 5 fights in over 7 years. 

https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/21061

That fight you showed was his first fight in the last few years. 

That’s not to say he won’t fight but he probably won’t lead us in that department as much as you need in the NHL.

Punishing players as he does and you need is another aspect of physicality entirely. 

A Ferland-type is gonna have that many fights per year at the bare minimum. A Ferland type will fight to spark a team that’s not playing great, get justice and what not. 

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He has 5 fights in over 7 years. 

https://www.hockeyfights.com/players/21061

That fight you showed was his first fight in the last few years. 

That’s not to say he won’t fight but he probably won’t lead us in that department as much as you need in the NHL.

Punishing players as he does and you need is another aspect of physicality entirely. 

A Ferland-type is gonna have that many fights per year at the bare minimum. A Ferland type will fight to spark a team that’s not playing great, get justice and what not. 

If I remember correctly though that year he may had lead the team in hits or was high on the list for a limited 60 odd games.

He dosent need to fight.. when he can hit like that.

He can fight when needed.

145 hits in 66 games. At 21 years old.

Benn  on his fight card as a rookie d man.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

If I remember correctly though that year he may had lead the team in hits or was high on the list for a limited 60 odd games.

He dosent need to fight..

He can fight when needed.

145 hits in 66 games. At 21 years old.

Benn  on his fight card as a rookie d man.

To put it into perspective a lot of the good big heavy physical players that have that sort of game have 3/4/5/6 times as much fighting experience. Some have double the fights as Tryamkin has in one year. 

Like I said punishing players that wack at the goalie(for example) or what not is another form of physicality entirely which is needed on this team. 

Tryamkin will up the overall physicality. I am not denying that at all, it’s why I want him here pronto.  

Fighting is another Tryamkin doesn’t bring as much as others we’ve seen in the league and it will still be something we need. 

I am also not saying I dislike Tryamkin or wish he’d fight more. I am just saying we’re still gonna need someone, like a Ferland, who would lead us in that regard. 

Hell getting a guy like that might make others step up their overall physicality knowing they have good backup that’s willing to drop the gloves for his team consistently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I remember the game,  watched it on tv..

watching him walk over the boards to step on the ice.

The edge he has developed this past season is vigilant..

He is going to become every body’s favourite dragon ..

hopefully signed ASAP,  and training in North America to be as powerful, and skillful as he can be ..

I still don’t see a ceiling on his potential..

but I do see a foundation his game is at that won’t deteriorate.. and is easily NHL level.

Does he play the right side? I’d imagine nobody would mess with Hughes with him on the ice. Kinda like a Chara regarding longevity, I can’t see him putting up the numbers but who cares we have other D for that.. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2