The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Rathbone will be a regular NHL player next year..Elite skating and hockey smarts makes him special..

Future #3 D man...

I was reluctant to say that because I haven’t seen him that much this season,. But the season before looked very promising..  have to appreciate some of these lads seasoning themselves in College.

I have always been hopeful of seeing the Draft age go to 20.. and allowing the Junior hockey age to go to 22.

Less pressure on kids, parents, Teams, all the way up the ladder.. takes a lot of the guess work away,  allowing better development, and better hockey .

• Like 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

I was reluctant to say that because I haven’t seen him that much this season,. But the season before looked very promising..  have to appreciate some of these lads seasoning themselves in College.

I have always been hopeful of seeing the Draft age go to 20.. and allowing the Junior hockey age to go to 22.

Less pressure on kids, parents, Teams, all the way up the ladder.. takes a lot of the guess work away,  allowing better development, and better hockey .

I like that and player step into NHL easier... Better for Junior hockey league also...

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I have only watched a few of the clips of Jurmo but he certainly has potential. Teves; I think, is capable of being a call up at the NHL level but not sure if he sticks with the Canucks.

Canucks will also have Woo knocking on the door in a year or two as well..... nice to have a decently stocked cupboard for a change. Have not seen that in a very long time.

How the hell did I forget about Jet Woo?

Damn Benning is doing a fantastic job really,.

I feel we are mimicking a Bruins template for depth and a farm system..  

easy to see why Tryamkin looked so appealing to him..

Tryamkn at 18 was skating better than Chara at 24 lol.

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

I like that and player step into NHL easier... Better for Junior hockey league also...

Creates a greater game even at the community level of teams that are Junior B.. 

where I have seen some great hockey played.

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

How the hell did I forget about Jet Woo?

Damn Benning is doing a fantastic job really,.

I feel we are mimicking a Bruins template for depth and a farm system..  

easy to see why Tryamkin looked so appealing to him..

Tryamkn at 18 was skating better than Chara at 24 lol.

If he didn't deal Gustov Forling for trash, it would look even better.  What a great late round pick.  Not sure who the pro scout was that recommending Clendening but he should be demoted to toilet cleaning.  Unless I'm mistaken, Forling is playing top 4 minutes right now with tied for 1st overall in the league regular season standings Panthers.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

Creates a greater game even at the community level of teams that are Junior B.. 

where I have seen some great hockey played.

One of the issues that would need to be resolved is compensation to the players at the junior level. There has to be a better balance in the costs to players to train and compete at the Jr. level vs. the meagre pay they get in return. It is no wonder more players are seeking a college hockey career

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

If he didn't deal Gustov Forling for trash, it would look even better.  What a great late round pick.  Not sure who the pro scout was that recommending Clendening.

We never really know what “prompts” moves to happen..  this game has always hap the code of being politically correct in private matters.  Media can kill the career of many an athlete,.  And in this day of social media , hard to say where a lot of opinions are created, 

I do appreciate most of the speculation and information I get on these threads,. There is always somebody who is watching somebody, or a referral to scout with an avatar/ profile throwing his video/opinion into the universes.

Just now, SilentSam said:

We never really know what “prompts” moves to happen..  this game has always hap the code of being politically correct in private matters.  Media can kill the career of many an athlete,.  And in this day of social media , hard to say where a lot of opinions are created, 

I do appreciate most of the speculation and information I get on these threads,. There is always somebody who is watching somebody, or a referral to scout with an avatar/ profile throwing his video/opinion into the universes.

Watch Clendening play.  It's like somebody put any video of him in 'slow-mo'.  Seems like they got mesmirized by his offensive ability but didn't notice that Harold Snepsts looked like Pavel Bure by comparison (skating).  

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

One of the issues that would need to be resolved is compensation to the players at the junior level. There has to be a better balance in the costs to players to train and compete at the Jr. level vs. the meagre pay they get in return. It is no wonder more players are seeking a college hockey career

So very true,  or the Canadian Junior Teams turn to Canadian Universities to “adopt” them and go NCAA themselves.

I think there is a win / win solution to this, that makes the game twice as strong as it is in this country.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

I think you might want to re-check those stats.

https://www.nhl.com/player/gustav-forsling-8478055?stats=gamelogs-r-nhl&season=20202021

?

(eg., didn't start out right away in the top 4 but has worked himself up the depth chart to where he is now - top 4)

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

So very true,  or the Canadian Junior Teams turn to Canadian Universities to “adopt” them and go NCAA themselves.

I think there is a win / win solution to this, that makes the game twice as strong as it is in this country.

.. to add,  far too much pressure on kids and families for a kid to be developed at 14-15 years old.

• Upvote 1

I think you might want to re-check those stats.

Sadly both of those stats are correct.

Thats more of a testament to Quennville not Forsling though.

Having Forsling in your top 4 is like having Stecher in your top 4. He can handle the minutes but it’s not a long term solution.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Sadly both of those stats are correct.

Thats more of a testament to Quennville not Forsling though.

Having Forsling in your top 4 is like having Stecher in your top 4. He can handle the minutes but it’s not a long term solution.

Cheap cap hit which in the Canucks case has almost as much value as actual long-term ability.  And he's playing on a team that's up near the top of the standings.  Not like say, when Keith Ballard was top 4 guy on a horrible team before Gillis traded for him.

32 minutes ago, aGENT said:

If Benn gets us a third I'll pee myself.

Even before all this Covid breakout that would have been an optimistic return. Now? I'll be surprised if we're able to move anyone out.

Do they re-sign Benn and expose him vs Myers? I think that might happen if they can agree to price and term.

8 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Cheap cap hit which in the Canucks case has almost as much value as actual long-term ability.  And he's playing on a team that's up near the top of the standings.  Not like say, when Keith Ballard was top 4 guy on a horrible team before Gillis traded for him.

We have guys coming up with cheap cap hits that can play that role. Just need better coaching to utilize them.

Floridas D depth is very weak. Again a testament to Quennville and their 10 million dollar goaltender that they’re getting it done.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We have guys coming up with cheap cap hits that can play that role. Just need better coaching to utilize them.

Floridas D depth is very weak. Again a testament to Quennville and their 10 million dollar goaltender that they’re getting it done.

None on D right now.  We're talking 20+ minutes.  Easier for forwards to make that jump right away.  Even a guy like Forsling had his 'cup of coffee in the NHL' with I think coach Q on the Black Hawks to 'break him in' a number of years ago.

That's what made a guy like Stecher valuable (utility).  Budget swiss army knife D imho.  Buy time until guys like Woo are ready vs rushing them in.

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

None on D right now.  We're talking 20+ minutes.  Easier for forwards to make that jump right away.  Even a guy like Forsling had his 'cup of coffee in the NHL' with I think coach Q on the Black Hawks to 'break him in' a number of years ago.

That's what made a guy like Stecher valuable (utility).  Budget swiss army knife D imho.  Buy time until guys like Woo are ready vs rushing them in.

He’s been given an opportunity because they have no depth.

We won’t know if someone like Juolevi can play top 4 until we get rid of some vets.

Either way not having a player like Forsling is not the reason for our struggles on D. Gotta upgrade the coaching staff before we see improvements there.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He’s been given an opportunity because they have no depth.

We won’t know if someone like Juolevi can play top 4 until we get rid of some vets.

Either way not having a player like Forsling is not the reason for our struggles on D. Gotta upgrade the coaching staff before we see improvements there.

Agree to disagree.  I think Green has been dealt a bad hand (granted, he's played it badly).;