The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On 4/10/2021 at 10:49 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

hard to say, he's so quiet in the media. But he's a smart player and if he wanted to stick around the team in that capacity I'm sure they'd make room. 

I'm guessing he wears the "A" for a reason. And I agree that we would likely re-sign him if the deal made sense cap-wise.

On 4/10/2021 at 1:19 PM, HockeyHarry said:

im thinking he’ll be better then fine.

Me too, although I think some of us on CDC need to temper our expectations of him.

He isn't dynamic. He isn't much of a playmaker and he doesn't score much either despite a heavy shot. However, I do think his otherwise average hockey skills are going to keep him from being a "true" top three or four kind of guy. With that said, I expect him to crush guys on the ice, to intimidate, stick up for his teammates and to clear the front of the net... all at an elite level, and far better than anyone else we have in the lineup... including Myers. And come playoff time, I think a guy like him can make an enormous impact on a series.

• Cheers 2

On 3/31/2021 at 1:13 PM, Ray_Cathode said:

Lots of marginal forwards made passable coaches because they had to be near perfect at the game’s fundamentals to get any ice time at all. Can’t think of many marginal Ds that made great coaches, except for Pat Quinn

Quennville, AV, Julien, Carlyle, Trotz, Arbour

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ilduce39 said:

After this season’s woes on the back end I’ve softened a lot on Tryamkin.  We’re going to be LHD-heavy but IIRC he could play his off side, at least with us years ago.

If we manage to bring him and Podkolzin over that’ll create a lot of excitement going into next year... both should be a lot of fun to watch.

I believe he's predominately played RD in Russia as well.

• Cheers 3

22 hours ago, aGENT said:

I believe he's predominately played RD in Russia as well.

Yes, and that always struck me as a bit odd. Common for offensive players to play their off side for the better scoring angle, but he has always been more of a defensive player.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yes, and that always struck me as a bit odd. Common for offensive players to play their off side for the better scoring angle, but he has always been more of a defensive player.

Keeps his stick slot active,  and his right shoulder heavy on the outside ..  a man that size can have his preference ;) 

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Keeps his stick slot active,  and his right shoulder heavy on the outside ..  a man that size can have his preference ;) 

For sure, but it slows him down a bit turning to take and deliver passes. For lesser players that could mean time for an opponent to take the puck away, but don't know if that would be much of an issue with Tram. Can you imagine what his reverse hits would be like?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Too bad for the expansion draft, otherwise we'd have Tryamkin here already. 

Except we wouldn’t because the cutoff has already passed for signing him for this season.

It would have required him buying out his contract. 

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I think he’s getting the hang of it  :)

To me this video shows, more than anything, that he is getting the hang of fighting (and how to look confident doing it too).  Much better than when he was here before, when you could see that he had all the raw potential to be a dominant fighter, but no actual fighting experience.  For instance, in his fights with both Zach Smith & Benn, he hadn't yet realized that you're supposed to drop both your gloves in a hockey fight::D  Looks like he's figured that out now!

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Too bad for the expansion draft, otherwise we'd have Tryamkin here already. 

I sure hope you're right, Hairy.  But my biggest fear with Tryamkin is that Benning delays long enough in signing him that he pisses him and his agent off enough that he just signs in the KHL for another season and waits to become a UFA.

• Cheers 4

1 hour ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

I sure hope you're right, Hairy.  But my biggest fear with Tryamkin is that Benning delays long enough in signing him that he pisses him and his agent off enough that he just signs in the KHL for another season and waits to become a UFA.

My thought too. I’m holding my breath until i see the breaking news that announces Nikita signing here for 3years at 2.5 per. 
Meanwhile i dread to see an Edler’s extension that would -imo- put the Tryamkin situation in a tough spot. Especially considering that I hope we re sign Hamonic under 2x2... 

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I would honestly rather have Hamonic and Tryamkin over Edler if push came to shove contract wise. It would make for a stronger defense. In terms of our goal of being successful in the playoffs in the next 2-3 years.

Same but I also wouldn’t be adverse to Seattle talking and taking Hamonic as a UFA, while he wants to stay west coast Canada, Seattle isn’t a big stretch on that, plus with the recent outbreak in the team, and the vaccine program in the USA it may be a suitable place for him.

while I’m aware Edler is getting on, if he comes back on a low cost controlled year by year arrangement I would be happy to have him on the team 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Same but I also wouldn’t be adverse to Seattle talking and taking Hamonic as a UFA, while he wants to stay west coast Canada, Seattle isn’t a big stretch on that, plus with the recent outbreak in the team, and the vaccine program in the USA it may be a suitable place for him.

while I’m aware Edler is getting on, if he comes back on a low cost controlled year by year arrangement I would be happy to have him on the team 

Yes I hear you, but where will Edler be physically in 2-3 years when we are pushing for contention. Even Chara had to move on.

My understanding of the CBA is, with missing the RFA signing deadline we cannot sign Tryamkin until July 1st, or whatever day free agency opens this year. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that is the way it is written. Now that is not to say that the team and player (agent) cannot agree to something prior, just cannot go into effect until first day of FA