The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

15 minutes ago, CR7 said:

My understanding of the CBA is, with missing the RFA signing deadline we cannot sign Tryamkin until July 1st, or whatever day free agency opens this year. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that is the way it is written. Now that is not to say that the team and player (agent) cannot agree to something prior, just cannot go into effect until first day of FA

he's on our reserve list. He's under contract with the KHL until the end of the month, and after that he can sign according to Bennings comments in the media. My understanding is its more of an understanding between the NHL and KHL as there isn't a formal agreement between the two leagues.

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 2

27 minutes ago, CR7 said:

My understanding of the CBA is, with missing the RFA signing deadline we cannot sign Tryamkin until July 1st, or whatever day free agency opens this year. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that is the way it is written. Now that is not to say that the team and player (agent) cannot agree to something prior, just cannot go into effect until first day of FA

I haven’t seen anything about him not being allowed to sign.  He is signing for next year though.

He can’t play this year though.  I think that is what you are referring to as the RFA signing date is passed.

I expect to see him signed once his KHL contract is done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

while I’m aware Edler is getting on, if he comes back on a low cost controlled year by year arrangement I would be happy to have him on the team 

The trouble with that is that then he is taking either Juolevi's or Rathbone's spot in the line up.  Unless the brass thinks that Rathbone needs another year of AHL seasoning.  But judging by this year where he started in the bubble, then got sent down when it became obvious that our LHDs weren't getting injured, it would seem that they think he is NHL ready.

The right seems secure, with Myers, Schmidt, Hamonic (if resigned) and Tryamkin (where does Rafferty fit, if at all?), with possibly Bowey as well and Woo pushing from behind

Probably goodbye to Rafferty, Brisebois, Chatfield and Sautner

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, Googlie said:

The trouble with that is that then he is taking either Juolevi's or Rathbone's spot in the line up.  Unless the brass thinks that Rathbone needs another year of AHL seasoning.  But judging by this year where he started in the bubble, then got sent down when it became obvious that our LHDs weren't getting injured, it would seem that they think he is NHL ready.

The right seems secure, with Myers, Schmidt, Hamonic (if resigned) and Tryamkin (where does Rafferty fit, if at all?), with possibly Bowey as well and Woo pushing from behind

I see next year being

Hughes - Tryamkin

Schmidt - Hamonic

Juolevi - Myers

Brisbois, Bowey

Edler walks. Rathbone getting some games and some at AHL. Rafferty traded/Not re-signed.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, NorthWestNuck said:

I see next year being

Hughes - Tryamkin

Schmidt - Hamonic

Juolevi - Myers

Brisbois, Bowey

Edler walks. Rathbone getting some games and some at AHL. Rafferty traded/Not re-signed.

I think this is a likely outcome, wouldn’t be shocked if rafferty was used in a package deal with JV. 

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

It would be surprising to me if we had both Juolevi and Rathbone in the lineup on top of two other inexperienced guys in Hughes and Tryamkin.

That isn’t a great recipe for success to me.  It might be that Rathbone is the 1st injury call up, but starts in the minors.  He hasn’t gotten much seasoning this year in the AHL as things have gone.  We might very well see him play on the big club a few games this year to test him out.

I think Edler gets signed for 1 year deals going forward.

I see:

Edler-Schmidt

Hughes-Tryamkin

Juolevi-Myers

Rathbone-Bowie

Even though Tryamkin is ostensibly on the 2nd pairing, he would clearly be one bottom pairing in minutes along with Juolevi.  Special teams bumps up the other guys up a lot in ice time.

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NorthWestNuck said:

I see next year being

Hughes - Tryamkin

Schmidt - Hamonic

Juolevi - Myers

Brisbois, Bowey

I'd sign up for this, toot-sweet. All the elements, with lots of youth sprinkled in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I'd sign up for this, toot-sweet. All the elements, with lots of youth sprinkled in.

I'd still bring back Edler if he will sign a team friendly 1 or 2 year deal.  I get he is not perfect, but who else do we have to play 21 mins a night with 70% Dzone starts.  

2 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I'd still bring back Edler if he will sign a team friendly 1 or 2 year deal.  I get he is not perfect, but who else do we have to play 21 mins a night with 70% Dzone starts.  

It's an interesting question, & I'm sure coaches/GM will be (hopefully) mulling it deeply.

At a certain point, we gotta' hand over the car keys to the youngins' back there. & best if it's us who have the drinking prob, & not them!

All the pricey vets have been insulating the youth(as best they could), from the spotlight-glare/criticism of key mistakes. Next season might finally be the sink-or-swim moment, especially on the blueline.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BCNate said:

Me too. I find re-signing him entirely plausible, with one caveat. 

Why he could:

He has stated and shown before and recently that he doesn't want to play anywhere else, yet he's still an NHL-level player who can and probably should continue playing if it suits him. I imagine it does.

He's been a loyal Canuck his entire career, and it would be nice to see him get a couple more years (year by year contracts) and retire a Canuck. If he wants to stay, he has to understand that we won't be willing to pay him the big bucks any longer and he's going to have to take a big pay cut. (And honestly, his performance this season has shown a certain decline and he's worth less anyway). 

I don't imagine he'd play 21 minutes. I would guess perhaps 18 minutes a night as he continues to age. Which is still fine value for us if we can get him on the cheap.

But that caveat...

I think the one big thing riding on re-signing Edler really is simply the roster spots available... which has already been mentioned. I could see perhaps one year of Rathbone getting seasoned in the AHL and filling in for injury, but I imagine we'll want him with the big club full time asap. Juolevi appears to have secured his spot and we all know and we know Hughes is going nowhere, so something's gotta give there. 

In the end, I could possibly see a one year deal, but I'm not sure it makes sense after that point.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, kloubek said:

Me too. I find re-signing him entirely plausible, with one caveat. 

Why he could:

He has stated and shown before and recently that he doesn't want to play anywhere else, yet he's still an NHL-level player who can and probably should continue playing if it suits him. I imagine it does.

He's been a loyal Canuck his entire career, and it would be nice to see him get a couple more years (year by year contracts) and retire a Canuck. If he wants to stay, he has to understand that we won't be willing to pay him the big bucks any longer and he's going to have to take a big pay cut. (And honestly, his performance this season has shown a certain decline and he's worth less anyway). 

I don't imagine he'd play 21 minutes. I would guess perhaps 18 minutes a night as he continues to age. Which is still fine value for us if we can get him on the cheap.

But that caveat...

I think the one big thing riding on re-signing Edler really is simply the roster spots available... which has already been mentioned. I could see perhaps one year of Rathbone getting seasoned in the AHL and filling in for injury, but I imagine we'll want him with the big club full time asap. Juolevi appears to have secured his spot and we all know and we know Hughes is going nowhere, so something's gotta give there. 

In the end, I could possibly see a one year deal, but I'm not sure it makes sense after that point.

Edler has been a great Canuck, but I agree, he's eventually in the way of a roster spot. 

• Cheers 3

Some "out of the box" thinking (not Green's long suit, I know) ....

Go with an 11/7 format, and give Hughes and Rathbone some winger time on the 3rd or 4th lines.  Let Edler take the hard D-zone starts and PK, and have Hughes and Rathbone as a potent 1-2 punch on the powerplays, and some softer O-zone starts

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/11/2021 at 3:29 PM, lmm said:

Quennville, AV, Julien, Carlyle, Trotz, Arbour

Great list, thanks. 

20 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

For sure, but it slows him down a bit turning to take and deliver passes. For lesser players that could mean time for an opponent to take the puck away, but don't know if that would be much of an issue with Tram. Can you imagine what his reverse hits would be like?

His size and stick length help him keep the puck out of trouble.

Edited by Ray_Cathode

10 hours ago, CR7 said:

We can sign him at any time, but his contract can't take effect until July 1. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

The good thing about Tryamkin is he's been 1st unit PK these past 3 seasons in the K. Could see him get a spot in that rotation somewhere. 

With Try, I think the front of our net would not be place that it is now, which is a good place to take a relaxing vacation for our opponents - for the most part.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

With Try, I think the front of our net would not be place that it is now, which is a good place to take a relaxing vacation for our opponents - for the most part.

Who are our opponents,  on LW coming in the hardest? Lucic, Tachuk, Taffoli, Draisaitl,  B Lemieux 

Edited by Hairy Kneel

14 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Ratthew Tkaschmuck  and Brady Tkachuk

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2