The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

22 hours ago, aGENT said:

I believe he's predominately played RD in Russia as well.

What's great is he switches to LD when it's a tough line change and gets off the ice asap.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Too bad for the expansion draft, otherwise we'd have Tryamkin here already. 

Except we wouldn’t because the cutoff has already passed for signing him for this season.

It would have required him buying out his contract. 

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I think he’s getting the hang of it  :)

To me this video shows, more than anything, that he is getting the hang of fighting (and how to look confident doing it too).  Much better than when he was here before, when you could see that he had all the raw potential to be a dominant fighter, but no actual fighting experience.  For instance, in his fights with both Zach Smith & Benn, he hadn't yet realized that you're supposed to drop both your gloves in a hockey fight::D  Looks like he's figured that out now!

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Too bad for the expansion draft, otherwise we'd have Tryamkin here already. 

I sure hope you're right, Hairy.  But my biggest fear with Tryamkin is that Benning delays long enough in signing him that he pisses him and his agent off enough that he just signs in the KHL for another season and waits to become a UFA.

• Hydration 4
1 hour ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

I sure hope you're right, Hairy.  But my biggest fear with Tryamkin is that Benning delays long enough in signing him that he pisses him and his agent off enough that he just signs in the KHL for another season and waits to become a UFA.

My thought too. I’m holding my breath until i see the breaking news that announces Nikita signing here for 3years at 2.5 per. 
Meanwhile i dread to see an Edler’s extension that would -imo- put the Tryamkin situation in a tough spot. Especially considering that I hope we re sign Hamonic under 2x2... 

• Hydration 3
1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I would honestly rather have Hamonic and Tryamkin over Edler if push came to shove contract wise. It would make for a stronger defense. In terms of our goal of being successful in the playoffs in the next 2-3 years.

Same but I also wouldn’t be adverse to Seattle talking and taking Hamonic as a UFA, while he wants to stay west coast Canada, Seattle isn’t a big stretch on that, plus with the recent outbreak in the team, and the vaccine program in the USA it may be a suitable place for him.

while I’m aware Edler is getting on, if he comes back on a low cost controlled year by year arrangement I would be happy to have him on the team 

• Hydration 1
3 minutes ago, UKNuck96 said:

Same but I also wouldn’t be adverse to Seattle talking and taking Hamonic as a UFA, while he wants to stay west coast Canada, Seattle isn’t a big stretch on that, plus with the recent outbreak in the team, and the vaccine program in the USA it may be a suitable place for him.

while I’m aware Edler is getting on, if he comes back on a low cost controlled year by year arrangement I would be happy to have him on the team 

Yes I hear you, but where will Edler be physically in 2-3 years when we are pushing for contention. Even Chara had to move on.

My understanding of the CBA is, with missing the RFA signing deadline we cannot sign Tryamkin until July 1st, or whatever day free agency opens this year. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that is the way it is written. Now that is not to say that the team and player (agent) cannot agree to something prior, just cannot go into effect until first day of FA

15 minutes ago, CR7 said:

My understanding of the CBA is, with missing the RFA signing deadline we cannot sign Tryamkin until July 1st, or whatever day free agency opens this year. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that is the way it is written. Now that is not to say that the team and player (agent) cannot agree to something prior, just cannot go into effect until first day of FA

he's on our reserve list. He's under contract with the KHL until the end of the month, and after that he can sign according to Bennings comments in the media. My understanding is its more of an understanding between the NHL and KHL as there isn't a formal agreement between the two leagues.

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Hydration 2
27 minutes ago, CR7 said:

I haven’t seen anything about him not being allowed to sign.  He is signing for next year though.

He can’t play this year though.  I think that is what you are referring to as the RFA signing date is passed.

I expect to see him signed once his KHL contract is done.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

The trouble with that is that then he is taking either Juolevi's or Rathbone's spot in the line up.  Unless the brass thinks that Rathbone needs another year of AHL seasoning.  But judging by this year where he started in the bubble, then got sent down when it became obvious that our LHDs weren't getting injured, it would seem that they think he is NHL ready.

The right seems secure, with Myers, Schmidt, Hamonic (if resigned) and Tryamkin (where does Rafferty fit, if at all?), with possibly Bowey as well and Woo pushing from behind

Probably goodbye to Rafferty, Brisebois, Chatfield and Sautner

• Hydration 1
38 minutes ago, Googlie said:

The trouble with that is that then he is taking either Juolevi's or Rathbone's spot in the line up.  Unless the brass thinks that Rathbone needs another year of AHL seasoning.  But judging by this year where he started in the bubble, then got sent down when it became obvious that our LHDs weren't getting injured, it would seem that they think he is NHL ready.

The right seems secure, with Myers, Schmidt, Hamonic (if resigned) and Tryamkin (where does Rafferty fit, if at all?), with possibly Bowey as well and Woo pushing from behind

I see next year being

Hughes - Tryamkin

Schmidt - Hamonic

Juolevi - Myers

Brisbois, Bowey

Edler walks. Rathbone getting some games and some at AHL. Rafferty traded/Not re-signed.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
6 minutes ago, NorthWestNuck said:

I see next year being

Hughes - Tryamkin

Schmidt - Hamonic

Juolevi - Myers

Brisbois, Bowey

Edler walks. Rathbone getting some games and some at AHL. Rafferty traded/Not re-signed.

I think this is a likely outcome, wouldn’t be shocked if rafferty was used in a package deal with JV. 

2 hours ago, Googlie said:

It would be surprising to me if we had both Juolevi and Rathbone in the lineup on top of two other inexperienced guys in Hughes and Tryamkin.

That isn’t a great recipe for success to me.  It might be that Rathbone is the 1st injury call up, but starts in the minors.  He hasn’t gotten much seasoning this year in the AHL as things have gone.  We might very well see him play on the big club a few games this year to test him out.

I think Edler gets signed for 1 year deals going forward.

I see:

Edler-Schmidt

Hughes-Tryamkin

Juolevi-Myers

Rathbone-Bowie

Even though Tryamkin is ostensibly on the 2nd pairing, he would clearly be one bottom pairing in minutes along with Juolevi.  Special teams bumps up the other guys up a lot in ice time.

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, NorthWestNuck said:

I see next year being

Hughes - Tryamkin

Schmidt - Hamonic

Juolevi - Myers

Brisbois, Bowey

I'd sign up for this, toot-sweet. All the elements, with lots of youth sprinkled in.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I'd sign up for this, toot-sweet. All the elements, with lots of youth sprinkled in.

I'd still bring back Edler if he will sign a team friendly 1 or 2 year deal.  I get he is not perfect, but who else do we have to play 21 mins a night with 70% Dzone starts.  

2 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I'd still bring back Edler if he will sign a team friendly 1 or 2 year deal.  I get he is not perfect, but who else do we have to play 21 mins a night with 70% Dzone starts.  

It's an interesting question, & I'm sure coaches/GM will be (hopefully) mulling it deeply.

At a certain point, we gotta' hand over the car keys to the youngins' back there. & best if it's us who have the drinking prob, & not them!

All the pricey vets have been insulating the youth(as best they could), from the spotlight-glare/criticism of key mistakes. Next season might finally be the sink-or-swim moment, especially on the blueline.

• Like 1