The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

24 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I think that is also code for... no we won't accept a two-way deal, and maybe that it will end up as just a 1 year deal to see how it goes.  I hope it is a 2-3 year deal in the $2 million range.  I don't want to bring him over and cost us signing someone else if we just lose him to free agency in a year or have to pay full market price in case we put him in a spot to blossom.

11 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

What’s “yeck avid” though? :lol:

Is Benning reading “Yek Avto” (as in an abbreviated form of Yekaterinburg Avtomobilist), and then just putting some

of the usual JB draft table mispronunciation sauce on it?

After Podkolzin's draft I have actively avoided subjecting myself to management's pronunciation of anything and everything. I can't help you there I'm afraid :lol:

Edited by Horvat is a Boss
  • Haha 2

This is on JB and management (as well as coaching to an extent) now, I really hope they don't mess this up ala Toffoli conversations.

Get the guy signed and make him a spot on our roster. We've got lots of options next year on defence. I think we have to bring one of Edler or Hamonic back - to be honest Hamonic has been brilliant alongside Hughes so deserves a bridge 2 year (2.5M?) deal. As for Edler, it gets tricky. I love him as a player and person but Tryamkin makes things a bit congested. Yes, I'd bring him back at 1 year 2.5-3M deal, but we really need to get Juolevi and Tryamkin in there. I think Chatfield ends up being the real victim and to be fair, he doesn't deserve to play ahead of Juolevi or Tryamkin next season which is a shame for him. With Rathbone coming up as well, if I were JB I'd look for a Chatfield trade (for a young center?).

Hughes - Hamonic

Juolevi - Myers

Edler - Schmidt

Tryamkin

Chatfield

Rathbone

Don't think Tryamkin will be happy being our 7th defenceman so the real option in the off-season is do we re-sign Edler and Hamonic, one of them, or neither, and let Tryamkin slot in? Big risk considering we haven't seen him play in the NHL in a while now...

I think Tryamkin's going to want top-4 minutes as well which will be a hard sell.

39 minutes ago, Provost said:

I think that is also code for... no we won't accept a two-way deal, and maybe that it will end up as just a 1 year deal to see how it goes.  I hope it is a 2-3 year deal in the $2 million range.  I don't want to bring him over and cost us signing someone else if we just lose him to free agency in a year or have to pay full market price in case we put him in a spot to blossom.

Provost,  we have nothing on our roster like him..  but he is everything we could hope to find in a D man, in a prospect, at no cost other than a fair contract.

Like you,

I think he comes in at 4.5m for 2 yrs or 

8m for 3 yrs. 

after this contract he is UFA,  be prepared to sign for a lot more money once this next contract expires.

This kid is just entering his prime, and has not reached his ceiling,.  He will here.

Its good to know he wants to be with the Canucks, and the Canucks want him.

With all the video and games i and others have seen him play,  Tryamkin is built for the NHL.

Once he settles here after 1 season, it’s the other players that will shuffle to find a spot.

Its players like Hughes, Tryamkin, Joulevi, Rathbone..  and quite possibly Woo or Jurmo that will rise into our future from our drafting.

I see we have 8 picks to take at the next draft,

Im sure another top D prospect is within the next 2 picks..   and perhaps, IF we don’t do well in the lottery, we shuffle / trade the picks we hold in the top 3 rounds to grab one of the amazing D men that hi-light the top 10 picks.

Owen Power - Simon Edvinsson- Brandt Clarke.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

46 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

After Podkolzin's draft I have actively avoided subjecting myself to enduring management's pronunciation of anything and everything. I can't help you there I'm afraid :lol:

It’s almost the ultra - right thing to sign Podz and Nik ,  hard to throw a kid deep from Russian culture all by himself without a “wing” man.  

we’ve all seen this movie before... think it was called “Free Willie” :ph34r:

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

I believe that he will be back.

I don't care if he scores.

I just care that he frightens opposition players in the corner and in front of the net and keeps them looking over their shoulders

Yeah and if button dont like him it means hes way better than we thought

• Cheers 3